• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 12:47 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Docking bay encounter - round 6

Started by tomcat, Jan 12, 2011, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Sam saw a new combatant enter the fray and at least he was firing at the right people. Sam would discount him as a target for now. With the darksider locked in combat with the Jedi, Sam did not want to try to squeeze a shot through their feints and parries. A new figure had entered from the docking bay and was the closest thing blocking their escape...he looked familiar, too. Sam moved northeast to give the force-users a wide berth while taking a shot at the bounty hunter...well, the closest bounty hunter.

Sam's actions

Move - move northeast
Standard - Attack Corbin Sallo with blaster pistol
Blaster +8, PB shot +1 = +9
Rolled 1d20+9 : 1 + 9, total 10

Dmg if hit - 3d6+4
Rolled 3d6+4 : 6, 6, 1 + 4, total 17

sdrotar

:ooc: Caden will wait for Kaida to act (due to order of initiative, and because she's driving the speeder he's in) before making any of his own.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: It has been 10 days since Brian has been here, and 2 since Jingo visited, so I am going to perform their actions this round.

Kaida was unsure of what to do, only that there was now another attacker in the room and he was the one from Cloud City on Bespin. He was the one that had come for her. She revved the speeder engine, but heard the turbines wailing from the damage they had sustained. Smoke was billowing out and she did not know how long, or how far, the speed would go. She knew one thing for certain - she needed to get her companions to the safety of the Aegis, and it could still possibly be on the other side of the bay environmental doors. At the moment, the only one between them and freedom was Corbin Sallo. She revved the engines once more and then released the brakes.

"HOLD ON!" she yelled as she turned the speeder into a massive weapon aimed right at Sallo's chest.

:ooc: I have read the rules on Ramming and it seems rather weak for a vehicle to hit a person. Maybe the damage created by a large vehicle against a Huge or Gargantuan vehicle may achieve only 2d6+4 damage, but it doesn't seem right against a human being. SO... first, the -10 to ram is eliminated, and I am reducing Sallo's Reflex defense by -2 for Britton's suppression. Second, if successful, the damage will be 6d6+4 to Sallo (due to it hitting him and driving him into a wall), and half to all individuals in the vehicle. If unsuccessful, Sallo and all individuals in the vehicle will take half.

If you disagree with me, please state the reasons. Maybe you know a game mechanic I am missing - Nick  ;) - or if you think I am making it too easy. Thanks!

Kaida
Standard
- Pilot roll to slam into Sallo
DC 28 Pilot skill +11
-------------------------
You guys are probably going to hate me for this, but Kaida is going to use a Destiny point to attain an automatic critical... sorry!  :(

Damage roll for vehicle hitting Sallo 6d6+4 : 5, 5, 2, 1, 5, 3 + 4, total 25

The damage result is doubled due to the critical. I will finish this post in the next thread, once I see the results. Again, the individuals in the vehicle will only sustain half damage, where as Sallo will take all of it.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jan 17, 2011, 09:05 AM #19 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 09:56 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Sallo takes 50 hit points of damage  :csu:

Kaida, Brim, and Caden take 25 - all are affected by the Condition Track.  :csu:

Kaida
Move
- climbs out of the driver's seat and moves towards the hole in the environmental doors (limiting her movement to 3, due to wreck and disorientation
Swift action 1 to reduce condition

Brim
Moves
off of speeder
Moves through environmental bay door
Swift action 1 to reduce condition

Escaping the inferno that the speeder had now become, Kaida and Brim moved to the hole in the environmental door. As they passed through, above them they saw the underbelly of the Aegis hanging there.

tomcat

:ooc: Another thing... this will be a HOUSE RULE:

to make the Condition track work better in our game, and more in step with the CODA Wounds and Weariness functions, your Condition will be reduced the number of levels that the damage does, based on your Threshold. In better english, see the example below:

If a character has a damage threshold of 15, and if he sustains damage in the amount of 15 in one attack, he is moved to Condition Track -1.

If the same character instead receives damage of 16-30 in the same attack, he goes to Condition track -2.

If the same character instead receives damage of 31-45 in the same attack, he goes to Condition track -5.

If the same character instead receives damage of 46-60 in the same attack, he goes to Condition track -10.

And finally, if the same character instead receives damage of 61-75 (if he is not killed) in the same attack, he goes to Condition track Helpless.

I make this rule because I have always had a problem with the core rules that if a PC with a 15 threshold takes 60 damage in one attack he is reduced to a -1 condition, the same as a different character with a 15 threshold who might take 20 damage in one attack.

If you have questions here, aske me.

tomcat

Jan 17, 2011, 09:20 AM #21 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 09:23 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay, now waiting on Caden and then I can perform Corbin Sallo's actions.

I am posting the new round, but this one will still be in play until I get the last two PC actions in.

Jingo

:ooc: Sorry wasn't around as much. Was involved in some work stuff most of the week. I'm back to my more normal schedule now. Poor Kaida... Poor Corbin Sallo. I hope he's squished to a fleshy flaming pulp now.  ;D

sdrotar

Caden will perform the same actions as Brim:
-Moves off of speeder
-Moves through environmental bay door
-Swift action 1 to reduce condition

The woman was crazy - the good kind of crazy, Caden thought.
He gathered himself and clambered off the speeder, doing his best to get the Aegis, her weapons and her nice, thick, blaster-proof hull.

Shouting to the others - "Sam! Britton! Ulric!" - and not knowing about the new ally that had been thrust into the situation with them, he hoped that they could retreat before the lightsaber-wielder and the maniac with the rocket pack got a hold of them.

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Rage filled Corbin Sallo.

The bounty hunter had been off his mark since he tried to bribe the woman in the hangar bay, and now he was pinned to a door by a smashed speeder. He had been reacting to his environment and circumstances, instead of controlling them. Fire was all around him and his armor was becoming blackened by the intense heat. He pushed with all of his might against the speeder and hoped that when it moved, he would not find his legs broken. The vehicle's repulsors were still functioning and it moved away as he heaved against the hood. Pain shot though him as a torn piece of the speeder's framing ripped away part of his calf armor, flesh and muscle.

Sallo swooned. He toppled right and fell into a pool of leaked fluids. Blue flame danced across the top of the lubricants and fuel and his armor was set afire. He did not want to die. Not here. Not this way. His body wracked with pain, he clawed at the ground to pull himself away from the fire and the wreck. He used the pain to clear his mind - to focus his strength and slowly he inched out of the ruin.

From sixty feet away, Boba Fett watched as Sallo tried to save himself. The Mandalorian did not feel a need to help. It was business - and Sallo just received the raw end of the deal. Besides, it would reduce his competition to have Sallo - an older and more experienced bounty hunter - out of Boba Fett's way.

So, he did not help, but neither did he hinder Corbin's escape. Instead, Fett assessed the situation as it now stood. Kaida Katan, his target, was through the doors and probably boarding the ship that the party of adventurers owned. With her no longer present and not immediately attainable, this battle had become unnecessary to him. He had been shot by the droid and was in some pain from it, and so he deemed it no value to aid the darksider and risk himself. It was time to go.

He would rely on the tracking device to lead him back to his target, when the time came.

Sallo
Swift
- reduce CT
Move - two times to get out of fire.