• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 03:06 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Docking bay encounter - round 5

Started by tomcat, Jan 05, 2011, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jan 05, 2011, 05:18 PM Last Edit: Jan 09, 2011, 05:12 PM by tomcat
Situation: Outside the docking bay environmental doors, the party is now confronted by the Sith assassin Shade, Fett and Corbin Sallo. Inside the bay, Kara is inside the Aegis with it ready to launch from Jovan Station.

Situational Modifiers: Boba Fett is -1 on the CT

Physical Modifiers: There are crates and other debris available for cover that will deduct a -5 to all attacks made at anyone using cover.

Initiative:
Fett (+14) - 30
Kaida (+11) - 28
Shade (+13) - 19
Brim (+7) - 18
Britton (+9) - 18
Kara (+6) - 12
Sam (+6) - 11
Caden (+5) - 11
Ulric (+7) - 11
Sallo (+13) - 14 (even though he beat out Kara's init, the nat 1 gives hims a last position)

I will be updating this post soon. I need to think about how the bad guys are going to play this round.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc: Since I go in init order after Fett, I want to see what he does first. Some questions. From my current positions can I fire over the front of the lifter at Fett. Do I have LOS? If not, can I fire from under the lifter (is it hovercraft? Where I could shoot from under it, or is it a tracked/wheeled vehicle?).

tomcat

Quote from: Jingo on Jan 06, 2011, 07:59 PM :ooc: Since I go in init order after Fett, I want to see what he does first. Some questions. From my current positions can I fire over the front of the lifter at Fett. Do I have LOS? If not, can I fire from under the lifter (is it hovercraft? Where I could shoot from under it, or is it a tracked/wheeled vehicle?).

:ooc: The vehicle you are behind will allow you LOS to Fett and may be fired over. If you take no attack actions, it will provide you complete cover, if you attack you will reveal yourself enough to only gain the -5 penalty to attacks against you. This vehicle is wheeled, but the one Fett is on is a hover-speeder - but, he is on top of it and using the back wing as cover (-5 penalties against Fett), so firing under your vehicle will gain nothing.

Fett espied where Sam was leaning by the maintenance van. Yes, the battle-droid had been the one that had delivered such a painful hit to the bounty hunter. The girl, Boba's primary target, had also disappeared behind the van. The first thing to do would be to remove the cover that hid them both. His external range-finder lowered and the information it collected fed into the weapon systems of his armor. He slightly inclined his head forward and the rocket in his jetpack was launched.

Swift action 1 (of 2) towards removing CT -1
Move - Fett activates range-finder
Standard - Fett fires rocket at the maintenance van that Sam and Kaida are using for cover
DC 10 [flat-footed vehicle] Ranged missile launcher +9, CT -1
-------------------------
Rolled 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16

Damage if successful:
Rolled 6d6+4 : 5, 1, 5, 6, 6, 3 + 4, total 30

Note: vehicle's DR is 5; HP 40; and Threshold 19. Yet, if it takes more than half of its hit points in damage after DR, there is a chance that it (and the things it contains) could explode. The dice roll below will determine if the vehicle explodes on a 1 or 2. If it does explode, it will deal damage of 2d10 to Sam and Kaida and cause them to be knocked prone.

Vehicle will explode on 1 or 2:
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

If it explodes, Kaida and Sam take damage of:
Rolled 2d10 : 8, 6, total 14

If any dice roll above misses its necessary result, all dice rolls following are moot.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Sam and Kaida feel the heat of the explosion, as well as being shoved back from the impact of Boba Fett's rocket. The vehicle had protected them and though it was badly damaged, it still provided some cover.

Not far away, Shade, who was looking at Britton, raised his hand and unleashed a fury of Force energy.

Standard - Force slam Britton (add 1 Force point)
DC 20 UTF +15
Rolled 1d20+15 : 4 + 15, total 19

Damage if successful (1/2 if unsuccessful):
Rolled 6d6 : 6, 1, 6, 6, 1, 6, total 26

Move - 6 squares towards Caden and Brim

tomcat

Jan 09, 2011, 05:00 PM #4 Last Edit: Jan 09, 2011, 05:13 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Wow! That damage would have hurt! Britton only suffers 1/2 damage of 13.  :csu:

watanabe

:ooc:

Has the lightsaber cut through the door yet?

tomcat

:ooc: Yes, Fett and Shade got through the door last round. Sallo is the only one on that side and it is because he is afraid to move towards the door cause you may fire on him with the Aegis' belly turret. Right now he is trying to hide and move closer, but it will take dice rolls to determine who gets where.

watanabe

:ooc: Who can I see with the belly turret?  ;D

tomcat

Jan 10, 2011, 07:53 AM #8 Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011, 07:58 AM by tomcat
:ooc: You need to make a perception roll. I will give you a +5 bonus for equipment (infrared).

And Zehn, no is the answer to your PM question.

donimator

Sam waits for his sensors to reset after the flash and concussion from the blast and evaluates the situation. The goal was to reach the docking bay and the closest threat was the darksider. Running and blasting worked before, so Sam will try it again.

Sam's actions Round 5
Move - Six Squares east to get LOS to Shade
Standard - Fire at Shade with blaster
Blaster +8, PB Shot +1, Kaida's Bonus +1
Rolled 1d20+10 : 7 + 10, total 17

-Dmg if hit - 3d6+3 (+1PB shot)
Rolled 3d6+4 : 3, 5, 4 + 4, total 16

ZehnWaters

:ooc:  Fiiiiine.   :P  And that was a close one.  One more point and I'd be down over a third my hit points.

Britton felt like he'd been punched when Shade used the Force against him, but he'd spent to much time training to be taken down that easily.  Unable to return fire to the one with the lightsaber since he was to close to Brim for Britton to be sure he wouldn't hit his friend, he instead turned his sights on the armoured bounty hunter.  He could have killed Kaida with that explosion:

Britton's actions Round 5
Move - none
Standard - Fire at Fett with blaster

Rolled: 1d20+7 : 19+7 = 26
Dmg if hit: 3d8+3 : 7+7+8+3 = 25

Jingo

Jan 11, 2011, 06:40 PM #11 Last Edit: Jan 11, 2011, 06:45 PM by Jingo
Blinking and coughing through the debris and smoke, Kaida peered over the front of the vehicle, grateful to be alive! Who in the void was this bounty hunter? Someone the Empire hired, no doubt, to either kill her or bring her in. How many of her remaining family members will still free, let alone alive?

She had little time for introspection, however. Not with missiles exploding their cover and a dark jedi waving that red saber about.

Sizing up the situation, she doubted anyone would get through to the ship without the dark jedi or the bounty hunter blocking the way. They were outgunned and trapped unless they acted quickly. And Britton couldn't take too many more force attacks. He would have a chance to get to the ship since he was closest. She doubted the others would. It was time to run again.

Seeing the speeder in front of her, she had an idea and immediately acted. Waiting around was going to get them killed.

She crouched and dashed toward the speeder to the front, firing blindly at the bounty hunter. "I have an idea!"

:ooc: The shooting is for effect. She doesn't have shot on the run, nor is she actively attacking.
Move Action  - Move 6 through Sam's current square near her, and then directly forward.
Standard Action - Moves again, forward and then hoping into the driver's seat.
Swift Action - Thumbs the on switch and revs the engine and throws it into reverse.

She hopped into the driver seat, and thumbed the on switch, and then threw it into reverse, howling the engine loudly. "Kara! As soon as Britton is on board, take off, and meet us at landing bay directly across from this one! Everyone else, on board!"

:ooc: We'll see if this works. Here's the plan: Hop in, and on her turn next turn (or this turn if the swift action allows that much), throw it into reverse for one action. She'll delay her second action until everyone else is on board (unless Ulric wants to do something suitably heroic, she'll wait for him too) and then using the speeder race to the other side of the station where the Aegis will be waiting for them. This is assuming of course that the speeder is operational and the bad guys cooperate. :shh:

tomcat

Shade attempts to Deflect Sam's fire
DC 17 Use the Force +15
Rolled 1d20+15 : 17 + 15, total 32

tomcat

Sam began to move as Kaida raced past him. The two ran from the ruined maintenance van with individual intentions. Kaida jumped into the speeder that Caden and Brim had been using for defense, while Sam ran firing at the darksider, the red lightsaber quickly slashing at the blaster fire and knocking it away.

On the crates, Britton saw the devestation from the missile launched by the bounty hunter and so turned on him, his blaster flaring. Unfortunately, the blaster bolts either struck the fan tail of the speeder on which Boba Fett hid, or careened off of his Mandalorian armor.

Ulric picked up his pace with the destruction and ran towards Shade, almost reaching him to melee.

In the hangar, Corbin Sallo made his move. He needed to get through that door, and with his armor activated, this was his best chance.

:ooc: Sorry Britton, your fire missed by 2.

Kaida makes it successfully to the speeder and smiles as the activation button fires up the engine.

Kara, Brim and Caden are all I need to finish this round.

Corbin Sallo moves towards the hole cut in the door
DC n/a Stealth +23
Rolled 1d20+23 : 5 + 23, total 28

tomcat

Jan 11, 2011, 07:45 PM #14 Last Edit: Jan 11, 2011, 07:47 PM by tomcat
The cacaphony of the battle around him brought him back to his senses.

His name was Logar'Dan and he was a veteran of the Clone Wars. The noise around him was all too familiar, as was the massive explosion that had dropped him to the ground and partly buried him in the maintenance scaffolding. He had been on Jovan Station only a brief time, enjoying the anonymity that the crowded station provided, but once more he was immersed in danger. He pushed upwards with his arms against the weight that lay across his back and slowly the fallen scaffold began to ease its pressure.

:ooc: I wanna welcome my buddy, John (Callowmoryne), who I have been RPG'ing with for years, to our game. He is new to Star Wars saga so if you see anything that he needs help with, please give him a shout.

As for Saga Rules, John, here is a quick introduction on stuff I need now -

Each PC gets three actions in a round (unless a Feat or Talent increases the number) - a Swift action, Move action and a Standard Action. A PC can trade his Standard for an extra Move or Swift, or trade his Move for an extra Swift. Look in the book to see what kind of thnigs can be performed with a particular action.

Anyway, I am going to require that you make two Move actions this round to stand prone, plus move the fallen debris off of you. Your Swift action will be necessary to remove the -1 condition track that I am going to start your PC with seeing as he was hammered with the initial explosion. You can read about the condition track in the chapter on combat.

I will feed you stuff as you need it here, but feel free to call or text me if you have questions. I will be rolling your Initiative roll for next round, and it is where you fall in the combat lineup for the entire encounter.

So...

Logar'Dan performs:
two Move actions to stand up out of the debris
Swift action 1 of 3 to remove condition track penalty