• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 08:51 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Docking bay encounter - round 5

Started by tomcat, Jan 05, 2011, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callowmoryne

His wiry muscles strained against the weight on his back. Freeing himself from the wreckage of the scaffolding and rising to fis feet, he surveyed the scene playing out in the docking bay. The sounds of blaster fire and general ruckus. The attractive young woman and her companions under fire from the empires dogs. Well now a stray rocket had made this his fight as well. Logar'Dan was no coward, his mother had told him "Logar, you don't worry about being a good man, you just be a man. And u always help a pretty woman in distress". Well he had added the "pretty" part to the memory himself, but no matter. He would help.

:ooc: Hello everyone, looking forward to this. Seems like alotta fun, and plz if you have any tips or suggestions on my gameplay or my goodnatured violence feel free to let me knowv

sdrotar

Caden watched Kaida hop into and fire up the speeder, and he flinched in surprise as a wave of energy erupted from the engines right beside him.
The plan made sense to him - any plan that involved getting away from the lightsaber-wielding lunatic did.

He leapt into the back of the speeder and squeezed off two quick shots, hoping to cover his companions.

:arrow: ACTION 1: Climb into speeder.
:arrow: ACTION 2: Fire on Shade with Rapid Shot Feat.
Roll(1d20)+4:14,+4 Total:18 - :ooc: I used that new Stat Block to find this number; please let me know if I read it wrong.
Damage if successful: Roll(4d8)+3: 3,1,8,2,+3 Total:17 *extra die for Rapid Shot success

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Quote from: Callowmoryne on Jan 12, 2011, 03:29 AM
:ooc: Hello everyone, looking forward to this. Seems like alotta fun, and plz if you have any tips or suggestions on my gameplay or my goodnatured violence feel free to let me knowv
:ooc: Welcome aboard! You'll find us a pretty strict, rules-lawyering kind of crowd. All business, no fun.  :P

sdrotar

Quote from: donimator on Jan 12, 2011, 08:51 AM
Quote from: Callowmoryne on Jan 12, 2011, 03:29 AM
:ooc: Welcome aboard! You'll find us a pretty strict, rules-lawyering kind of crowd. All business, no fun.  :P

:ooc:  Wait, there are rules? I think I've been gaming with Tomcat here for about seven years and I still get confused in most of my posts. :-[ Welcome aboard, Callowmoryne - the more, the merrier, I say!
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Shawn, yes, you read the stat block correctly. I forgot to add your extra die of damage to the stat block, but that has been corrected. I hope they make working your character easier. It is my goal to have it so that it is all right there, and all you have to do is pick the type of attack and roll.

And that is what I had to say, too - Rules?! I just throw things together as I go... you mean there is a system out there to follow?  (-D

Going to go ahead and perfrom Brim's actions so that I can end this round.

Standard action - Brim fires on Shade at Point blank range
DC 23 ranged combat +9
-------------------------
Rolled 1d20+9 : 1 + 9, total 10

Damage if successful:
blaster fire 3d4+3 : 3, 3, 2 + 3, total 11

Move action - Withdraw out of Shade's area of influencem ay only move three spaces

Shade attempts to deflect Caden's blaster fire
DC 18 Use the Force +15, MAP -5
Rolled 1d20+10 : 17 + 10, total 27

Shade attempts to deflect Brim's blaster fire (if it was a success above)
DC tbd Use the Force +15, MAP -10
Rolled 1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22

Three of them were now aboard the speeder, with two more of their companions still at a distance. Brim saw as the left engine bellowed smoke and hissed within its casing. It must have taken heavy damage and shrapnel from the exploded maintenance van not far away.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, Brim missed and Shade is proving to be one bad ass of a dark jedi!  ;D

I am opening up a new thread for the next round, but before I do, I am going to roll Kara's perception test to see if she is able to locate Corbin Sallo through the ship's sensors/gun turret camera.

Standard action - Kara attempts to see any movement by door
DC 28 Perception +10, Aegis IR +4
Rolled 1d20+14 : 10 + 14, total 24

If successful she will see Corbin Sallo moving to the hole cut in the environmental door and may attack with the ship's weapons. If she fails, he makes it to the door and may cross through for Round 6.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]