• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 07:10 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

De-brief...

Started by tomcat, Jun 19, 2005, 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Darkan wasn't the only one who stormed out of the shuttle. Townshend followed a few moments behind and John made a point to give her a quick hello. She looked at him and grunted and strode off towards the exit.

Everyone else came off the shuttle with a much different attitude. Even the Vulcan seemed – pleased? Alex walked up to Grahm and put his hands on his shoulders and shook his head.

"Oh John you should have been there..." the Russian smiled from ear-to-ear. "It was wonderful. I hope the Captain allows us to have some guests before this rendezvous is over."

With that Alex also walked off leaving the doctor, XO, Tactical Officer and a couple of his crewman – who stood at attention – standing there.

"Good trip?" asked John to Mr. Stonn, but no one was sure if he asked a question or made a comment. The smiles that broke out on the two crewman's faces were all John and the Tam needed to know.

"I expect a report later this afternoon," said Grahm to his subordinates, "Dismissed."

:arrow: OOC: Chris, Carl and Shawn, feel free to make any inputs you would like to and let me know when they would be made. Just understand that Darkan strolls away before anything more can be said to him - that is how I am interpreting Matt's post.

The time went quickly and the senior staff hurried to reply to the Captain's order. They all met on Deck-2 and entered the briefing room; Captain Darkan had yet to arrive. Tam and John sat down beside each other as two of the three who had not made the trip. Pushkin strolled in and took a seat next to Ramos and Stonn followed in a moment later. He sat between the Doctor and the Chief Engineer setting his PADD down on the table. Last to enter before the Captain was the Communications Officer. She had her hair pulled tightly up on her head and had on a crisp, clean uniform. John tried to make eye contact with her but she only looked at her recording console – the machine with which she would take the briefing's minutes.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Edrahil / Tam

As the shuttlecraft door opened and the crew started to emerge, Tam stepped forward to greet them. "I trust you've had a good visit. As dictated by standard procedure, I'd like to give each of you a quick post-mission exam, as you've been living in a foreign environment for more than 6 hours. So if you could all please follow..." Tam trails off as he realizes that he's talking to the Captain's back as he'd blown past. Tam pauses for a minute to gather himself, then turns back to the rest of the crew. "Yes, well... I'll catch up with him later. But the rest of you do have to come to sickbay, no excuses. If you're late for the debriefing, I'll just write you a 'doctor's note', as they say."

And with that, Tam leads the rest of the Away Team to sickbay for their tests.

[OOC: Depending on how long these tests take, this could obviously change the debriefing setup you've got here, sorry. Let me know what rolls I need.]

tomcat

Hey Chris,

The tests needed will be Simple tests Sys Ops (Medical) TN 10 per crewman that was on the Golayshian.

You can go ahead and roll them and I will work the thread into our story time line.

Crew that will be scanned:
Darkan
Townshend
Stonn
Pushkin
and two Red Shirts

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

There was beep in Darkan's room just before he exited it: it was the doctor.  "Captain, I don't know if you caught what I heard before you left the shuttlebay, but I need you to report to sickbay for the standard medical scan."

Better composed now, Darkan replied.  "Yes, of course, Doctor.  I'm on my way."

----

The scan took less time than he expected and ended up being only slightly late to the meeting with the good doctor arriving before him as he took a slight detour to clear his head and focus on the task at hand.  "Keep your seats," he said as they all made to stand up.  Upon settling in his chair, he took a look around the table, mentally assessing their attitudes before speaking again.  "Go ahead, Mr. Ramos, what's the news with Engineering?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Edrahil / Tam

Tam inspects each crewman in turn, all the while making small talk with them to get an idea what the other ship and crew is like, how the away mission went, and any other personal insights that aren't likely to be covered in the debriefing. He's also particularily interested for any ideas as to what's up the with Captain, since he certainly didn't seem much like himself when he disembarked the shuttlecraft.

Sys Ops (Medical): +8 Skill, +3 Int, +2 Specialty = +13

Townshend
Roll(2d6)+13: 5,6,+13 Total:24

Stonn
Roll(2d6)+13: 6,5,+13 Total:24

Pushkin
Roll(2d6)+13: 3,3,+13 Total:19

Red Shirt A
Roll(2d6)+13: 3,1,+13 Total:17

Red Shirt B
Roll(2d6)+13: 4,5,+13 Total:22

Doug
Roll(2d6)+13: 1,1,+13 Total:15-6:9
[Okay, I know I didn't need to roll for Doug... but when I hit Reply to get the list of names, his was right there, so I couldn't help myself... I just hope I didn't break him with that low roll! ;-)]

Once the rest of the crew was done and on their way, he called to the Captain and requested his presence in SickBay as well. Tam still wasn't sure what the source of the captain's ire was, so figured he should wait until the others had left incase there'd been an argument among the crew.

Darkan
Roll(2d6)+13: 5,2,+13 Total:20

After completing the final tests, Tam downloads all of his results into a PADD to study during the meeting, and then walks off to the meeting room, reading over them as he goes.

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg"Go ahead, Mr. Ramos, what's the news with Engineering?"

Ramos barely had time to scrub off and change in time for the briefing. He hadn't shaved of late, and his usually trimmed goatee was now complimented by two days worth of scruff on his cheeks... but things were working.

"Captain, the Columbia is fully functional. I just finished re-calibrating the sensors this morning. Aside from the restrictions imposed upon us by operating in the nebula, there are no issues whatsoever."

Upon mention of the sensors, he noticed Stonn's approving glance. The Vulcan had seemed to think that the malfunction was his responsibility, but Juan had determined that the glitch was caused by a surge that blew out a transtator - it was merely bad luck that it happened when it did. Ramos knew that Vulcans didn't believe in luck, but he did.

After all, if Starfleet's technology was infallible, he'd be out of a job...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

"Excellent work, Jon.  My compliments to you and your team."  Turning to Grahm, "And how's the rest of the ship?"
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

"Captain, nothing to report," said the Tactical Officer. "Mr. Ramos' efforts have brought the ship back to almost 100% and no other department has reported any troubles. I understand the science labs are back to work with the sensors being operational... I guess they had a nice day off." Grahm ended his comment with a smile as he glanced around the room. Everyone smiled along with his joke except the brown-haired young woman at the far end of the conference table, which quickly stole Grahm's own.

While the conversations went on around him, Tam scanned over the read outs on his PADD - six bio-scans, one for each of the away team. They were fine. No strange contaminents; no antigens; no anything. He noticed that all of their heart rates were a little active along with some glandular activity, which could be attributed to the space flight. Townshend had seemed a little agitated and she had made no attempt to hide it, but she also made no explanation of it. In any case, his subjects looked like they were all well.

GandalfOfBorg

"All good news, especially for Ramos over there.  The Hydraen ship is disabled and I have offered our, er rather your, services to the task.  Coordinate with Mr. Stonn, as he should have more information pertaining to that.  Other than the disabled ship, everyone aboard seems to be in fine health and more than ready to get back to their business, as are we I'm sure."

"Now... do the rest of you have anything to report from your time aboard the Hydraen ship?" Darkan asks, somewhat pointedly at Ms. Townshend, who appears to be almost as irritable as him.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Townshend could feel her captain's eyes upon her as he asked his question and she felt pressured. What was she going to tell him... she was jealous? That the hydraen females were polite, and treated the away team very respectfully, but Jess didn't like how they looked? Or how they seemed to be all over her male crewmates? But if so... who cared?

She sighed and looked about her at her fellows that had taken the shuttle flight. She went to make a response but was saved by the intercom sounding...

"Dr. Tam... please report to Deck-6 crew's mess hall, we have an emergency! Captain Darkan, please report to Deck-6 mess hall... security to Deck-6 crew's mess hall."

GandalfOfBorg

"Let's go!" commands Darkan as he jumps out of his chair.  'What now?!" he thinks as he and his people head in the direction of the mess hall.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Darkan, Tam, Stonn and Grahm ran to the turbolift, quickly accessing it and taking it down four decks to the large crewman's mess hall. The doors opened to a commotion of people gathered, some yelling out... "Get some help! Hold him there! Where's security!"

Upon seeing the commanding officers, the group before the mess hall doors separated allowing the quartet to enter. Grahm could see that six members of his security team were coming into the mess from the opposite side, they were armed.

"What is going on," he thought.

That became very clear to all four as they finished pushing through the crowd to see a wounded man lying on the floor. He was bleeding from what appeared to be a stab wound. A few feet away, another man stood brandishing a knife from the Columbia's kitchens. Only Grahm recognized them immediately - they were the two security officers that had taken the flight on the Galileo.

"STAY BACK!" yelled the crewman as he turned, whipping the knife about at any who tried to approach. His eyes looked wild and sweat beaded from his forehead. "You come close to me and I will cut you too!"

The security team drew phasers as Darkan and Stonn approached, it was evident on their faces that they were relieved to see their commanders – better that they make any decision to fire a phaser onboard a Federation vessel.

All became quiet around him, but the violent crewman just wheeled, breathing hard and grunting. Dr. Tam inched closer, he had to get to the wounded man as soon as possible. The doctor could see that the stab wound was in his lower abdomen, if any of his vitals were perforated he could bleed out internally or he could become septic.

GandalfOfBorg

Negotiate (5+2)+0+3 Courage = 10

Stepping to the forefront as everyone here is his charge, Darkan, as soothingly as possible, addresses the crazed man.  "Crewman [insert name], why don't you put down that knife?  Look what you did... you just stabbed your friend.  Let the doctor help him."

'Where's the psychologist when you need one?' thinks Darkan.
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Stonn nods to Grahm - a silent order to deploy the security detail in a fan around the knife-wielding crewman.

He carefully moved along the side of the room as quickly and as subtly as possible. The tall Vulcan was trying to put himself in a position to close on the deranged man quickly and grasp his neck if necessary. It had been a while since Stonn had utilized the pinch, but most Vulcans learn the self-defense technique as children - and as such, it was second nature to him.

Should the captain fail in his effort to persuade the man, his First Officer and security team were ready.

All the while, Stonn's mind was replaying what he observed on the Hydraen ship - and decided that what had been mildly curious behavior by his crewmates on the boarding party (and his own!) had now become much more concerning - and potentially deadly...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

OOC: Opposed Savvy test +1 (+5 misc)
Roll(2d6)+6: 1,1,+5 Total:7 (-2) = 5 FAILURE  :(  I wanted to have a Vulcan drops the crazy dude moment but I really blew his opposition...

The crewman named Timmons looked suddenly unsure of himself. He looked at his commanding officer and then to the commander of the ship. He heard Darkan speak to him but his mind didn't put together the words.

"Captain... errr... you don't understand," stuttered Timmons, "He really said some bad things, sir. It wasn't polite!"

Timmons voice rose with his last statement but then he seemed to compose himself. He looked down at the knife and at the blood on his hands. He then looked up to meet Darkan's eyes and there was shame on his face. He loosened his stance and let the knife fall to the floor. He began to step back but Grahm's men were on him. They quickly took him to the floor and frisked him for any other weapons. Finding none, they brought him back up to his feet, his hands now bound.

The crowd began to disperse at Darkan's command and the Captain looked at his crewman. He needed to decide what to do with him.

At the same time as Timmons was being frisked, Tam rushed in to aid the fallen ensign – his name was Paul Winters and he was 23 years old. Tam saw how ashen his face was and began his work; the trill wondered if this human would see another day.

OOC: Chris, Tam will need to get the crewman to sickbay asap as the knife had punctured into his stomach and he was bleeding internally as well as spilling stomach acid into his abdomen... he is now at Incapcitated and it will be a Medicine test TN 25 to save him. You will get a +1 affinity bonus for your staff and a +3 bonus for your equipment.