• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 09:27 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

De-brief...

Started by tomcat, Jun 19, 2005, 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

Quote from: tomcatOOC: Opposed Savvy test +1 (+5 misc)
Roll(2d6)+6: 1,1,+5 Total:7 (-2) = 5 FAILURE  :(  I wanted to have a Vulcan drops the crazy dude moment but I really blew his opposition...
OOC: LOL welcome to the touchy-feely Star Trek

Once security and Grahm had left, "Alright eveyone, back to business," he says to the group that had gathered.  To the senior staff that remained, "We have the Hydraen delegation arriving this evening -- make sure the proper preparations are in order.  Dismissed."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg
Once security and Grahm had left, "Alright eveyone, back to business," he says to the group that had gathered.  To the senior staff that remained, "We have the Hydraen delegation arriving this evening -- make sure the proper preparations are in order.  Dismissed."

"Captain, may I have a word in private?"
Darkan nodded as the room emptied, and the two men walked down the hall together as they let the med teams do their jobs.
"Sir, the fact that these two men fought in this manner is highly unusual. I am unconvinced that their behavior is wholly unrelated to the Hydraens. I do not know how, but it seemed as if all the members of the boarding party acted... somewhat... out of character, if you will. Including myself."
Stonn noticed that Darkan's eyes opened a little wider.

"Perhaps it would be best to delay the dinner for the moment - at least until Dr. Tam has the opportunity to investigate further, and perhaps examine the boarding party."

Darkan knew he wanted to see Isaboul again, and it would be bad form to cancel on such short notice... but did his first officer have a point?

OOC: "GOB" - I wasn't trying to run Darkan for you - just trying to extrapolate a narrative... please feel free to change any part of it.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: No prob, I understand.  Do what you need to.

IC:  Darkan thinks a moment.  "As it stands, there isn't much to go on to cancel the engagement.  Since you believe that any or all of those of the Away Team could be affected in some way, any investigation by us could be compromised; I'll have Grahm head it up.  All who were on the Away Team will be temporarily relieved of duty to be available to him, including myself, until the delegation arrives or more proof comes to light of your suspicion.  Feel free to continue investigate yourself, but, of course, be mindful of Grahm's work."

As he turns to leave, "Stonn, I certainly hope you're wrong."  Funny thing was, the statement wasn't entirely directed at his first officer, but more to himself.  When he makes it to the nearest control panel, Darkan calls over the comm.  "Mr. Ramos, this is Darkan.  Please meet me in sickbay," and the troubled captain makes his way there.
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

"Aye, sir," replied Ramos.
He thumbed the comm button off and shut down his panel, which had been displaying the schematics of the Hydraen warp engine.

"This can't be good," he thought.

Ramos hurried out the door and grabbed the nearest turbolift to Sickbay; hoping everything would turn out OK.

GandalfOfBorg

Upon getting to sickbay, Darkan first checks in with Tam to see about the injured crewmember.  "How is he, doc?"

[Tam's response]

"Alright, thank you, Doctor Tam.  Please keep me appraised of his condition."  When Ramos arrives (assuming that Grahm is still in sickbay), "John and, er, well John.  Mr. Stonn has come to me with a disturbing insight that he believes that the Hydraens or their ship or maybe even the nebula may have caused some undue influence on those who were in the Away Team.  Grahm, you are to head this investigation.  I have already given orders that the Away Team members, including myself, are temporarily relieved of duty and to comply with what you require until it is time for the delegation to arrive or more compelling proof of Stonn's assumption come to fruition.  As I and Stonn are relieved of duty, Ramos, you have command of the ship until the deadline I've given.  Any questions?"
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

"No, sir," replied Ramos. "I will delegate the prep work on the Hydraen ship to Lt. Williams in the meanwhile. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help during the investigation."

He looked to Grahm, who nodded, and then Ramos spoke to Darkan once more.

"With your permission, sir, I'll head to the bridge and get up to speed."

OOC: By the way - I gave Ramos a bit of a re-boot (with Doug's permission, of course) when I took over the character. I've changed his name to "Juan" to differentiate him from Grahm and give the game a little more multi-ethnic Trek flavor... I see him as a Spaniard...

tomcat

Medicine Test TN 25
Medicine +12, Specialty +2, Afiinity +1, Equipment +3
Roll(2d6)+18: 3,2,+18 Total:23 (1 COURAGE) +3= 26 SUCCESS

The doctor looked up from his desk as Darkan walked in and nodded a hello. He answered the captain's question, "He has survived and he should recover to full health within the week. I will keep him here through the next day for observation."

Tam could see by the look on Darkan's face that he was relieved.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]