• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 09:26 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New day's findings...

Started by tomcat, Apr 11, 2009, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Apr 29, 2009, 01:52 AM
OOC: Unless there are any objections, let's move on to inquiring about a storage unit.

OOC: None here. Let's do it.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

BrianM

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 30, 2009, 09:54 AMHe eyed Brim, "Can I help ya?"

[OOC]
Not sure if he is asking Brim directly or not. I think considering the xenophobic nature of Bakura, Brim will hang back and look subservient, allowing the humans to carry the conversation.
[/OOC]

watanabe

Kara sat there in the front seat, feat up feeling the cool breeze from the air unit on the vehicle she was on.  As she sat there, she could feel the Euphoria draining from her, almost an itch, she wanted it to stay, but she knew what the price would be if she used them up too quickly.  Looking around she tried to take her mind off of what was really bothering her.

"Hey Sam,"
she called out.  "How does a droid like you get named Sam anyway?"

GandalfOfBorg

"Here for a storage unit, of course," says Dan, smiling in an attempt to be disarming.  "Just moved to the area but need a place to put my things while I find a more permanent residence.  So what can you tell me about the sizes of your units and their cost?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

The man's face cracked into an ugly smile, "Moved the whole family here, I see... that sure is an ugly son!" he said, gesturing towards Brim. His whole body shook as he laughed out loud at his own joke, but then he got back to his business, "Well, I have units big enough to hold cargo containers, seeing as I am located on a port, and all sizes in between down to a simple locker. Whatcha needin'... a 12x12 or bigger? Oh, and I also have data storage... 50,000 teras." He thrusted a thumb over his shoulder, back toward the flickering monitor. The system looked quite antiquated and unreliable.

The team was starting to notice all of the non-technical means in which Kreyvahl did business - the clerk grabbed a paper contract and a pen and set it on the counter. "Read that," he said. "Tells you all the terms and conditions and then let me know what size you need."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Sam kept tabs on the level of activity around them, noting frequency of the same face looking for them and that the traffic patterns matched what he knew of the building layout. He interfaced with the speeder's rudimentary scanners to help in montioring approaching vehicles and to filter out the signatures of the work equipment and lifters around the warehouses...in the next second... he ran a diagnostic on the speeder's systems to ensure it was in top running order - Kara's question was a welcome distraction.

"Sam? My model designation is SM and my identifier O4b. My maker lived a rather solitary existence and built me as much to have someone around as to help him out with his tasks. Eventually SM became 'Sam'...I do wish to find him again one day."

BrianM

May 04, 2009, 02:18 PM #36 Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:27 PM by BrianM
With lightning reflexes, Brim pulled the heavy blaster from its holster, levelled the barrel at the Kreyvahl employee's face, and depressed the trigger. Before anyone could react, the ruin of the man's head flew backwards, splattering gore across the antiquated computing equipment. As Dan and Caden looked on in speechless horror, the smouldering, headless remains tottered for a moment, then collapsed onto the desk.

Blinking to end his reverie, Brim realized he had forgotten to ask about obtaining a blaster at the Senator's house that morning.

tomcat

Quote from: BrianM on May 04, 2009, 02:18 PM
With lightning reflexes, Brim pulled the heavy blaster from its holster, levelled the barrel at the Kreyvahl employee's face, and depressed the trigger. Before anyone could react, the ruin of the man's head flew backwards, splattering gore across the antiquated computing equipment. As Dan and Caden looked on in speechless horror, the smouldering, headless remains tottered for a moment, then collapsed onto the desk.

Blinking away his reverie, Brim realized he had forgotten to ask about obtaining a blaster at the Senator's house that morning.

[OOC:] I love this post!  (D

But this was really just Brim daydreaming a retaliation to the simple fool, right?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

Kara nodded at the droid.

"Everyone's got a story, everyone's got a past these days."  She sighed and felt the pocket inside her jacket that held the last two vials she had and looked back at the droid.  "So, how did you manage to hook up with this group anyway?"

BrianM

Quote from: tomcat on May 04, 2009, 08:18 PM
Quote from: BrianM on May 04, 2009, 02:18 PM

Blinking away his reverie, Brim realized he had forgotten to ask about obtaining a blaster at the Senator's house that morning.

[OOC:] I love this post!  (D

But this was really just Brim daydreaming a retaliation to the simple fool, right?

Yup, that's correct. I used italics to differentiate the daydream, but I'll make it clearer in the future. :)

tomcat

[OOC:] That's not necessary Brian, as long as I know that is how you are doing it. Still, loved the post!   ;D

BrianM

Quote from: tomcat on May 05, 2009, 09:46 AM
[OOC:] That's not necessary Brian, as long as I know that is how you are doing it. Still, loved the post!   ;D
Glad you like it! I altered the wording in the final sentence ever so slightly to emphasize the daydream.

tomcat

May 05, 2009, 03:05 PM #42 Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:07 PM by tomcat
The Shade had spent a better part of the late morning to afternoon going from location to location within the government district of Salis D'aar. He wasn't making any serious inquiries, just trying to get a feel for what the mood was in the Senate and if anybody knew what Ranie was up to. He did not make direct contact with officials, only their ancillary personnel - and with each, none remembered having a conversation with him.

The sun was standing at the noon hour when he activated his secure commlink. "Ranie is involved," he said to Puk. The Rodian at the opposite end of the transmission looked around him to make sure he could talk. "And?"

"The people around downtown did not speak of any special investigations or non-official investigations into Seelig's death. It appears that the BFI is the only organization working on it." The shadow paused, "I can only assume that Ranie is doing something on the side... discreetly. Maybe to keep any bad info from making it to the public."

"Well that would be wise," Puk laughed. "Seelig was a dirty scoundrel! If his beloved people only knew."

"Needless to say, I also must assume that the girl is with Ranie. Probably at his home on the coast. It is very private there. I am going to make a drive out to the country to have a quiet look around. Maybe you should start thinking up a plan."

Puk looked at his comm and knew what the Force-user was saying. He wondered if killing another senator would make too much noise on this backwater planet.

[OOC:] I like the RP'ing that is going on between characters, so keep it up. I will just fill in more with cut-scenes so that you guys can, as players, know what is going on in the rest of the world.   >:D

donimator

Quote from: watanabe on May 04, 2009, 08:22 PM
Kara nodded at the droid.

..."So, how did you manage to hook up with this group anyway?"
Sam activated his shoulder actuators to draw them upward slightly in what he believes was termed a shrug, "When war swept across my homeworld of Bestine, I found myself left trying to operate a dying power station. My master gone, the towns gone, I simply...left. Caden was leaving the planet, too and looking for a crew so he got me out. One thing lead to another and (yadda, yadda) now I'm here."

tomcat

May 07, 2009, 03:27 PM #44 Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 03:32 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] Matt is going through a lot with his wife being ill, I am sure, and his posting may be sparse. Because of this, I am going to post for him here. If you come in Matt, feel free to pick up where I left off and change anything if it is not what you'd do.

Dan looked at the contract for only a moment and then handed it to Caden, who looked at the paper and then back at Qinos with a questioning gaze. The soldier ignored his companion and looked to the heavy-set clerk and thought maybe Brim was right... a more direct approach.

"An associate recommended you to me. He's been renting a unit from you for a while and says he has been real comfortable with the security. I was wondering if I could see a storage unit like his... it is really all the space I'll need."

The clerk's face screwed into a puzzled look, "What kind of unit does he have? What's his name?"

"His name is Seelig... and his unit is 15."

The clerk looked in a file folder and thumbed through a series of contracts. "Well 15 is occuppied but the name isn't Seelig. Unit 17 is open though and it is the same as 15... still wanna see it?" Dan nodded. He did not want to push his luck with Seelig's unit. If the Senator had rented it under another name, they would not be able to guess it.

The group followed the clerk through a door, into an air conditioned passageway that was lined with bays. By the size of the doors, it was obvious that these were only small closet sized units. Their numbers started at 1 and grew as the party walked down and then took a right. They passed unit number 15 and went two more to 17. The clerk drew from his pocket a code cylinder and inserted it into the round lock port - there was an electronic beep and then a click and the door opened slightly with the overpressure of the air conditioning system.

"You will get a code cylinder and it will be programmed to your bay, as well as any other data you want to install on it. We sweep all locks and cylinders clean for each new rental."

Dan walked into the small storage room and nodded. "This is perfect."

Not five feet away was Seelig's unit and Qinos had the key in his pocket. All they needed to do was get rid of the clerk. "What do you think Caden? Brim? You think this is enough?" As he spoke, Dan made a subtle gesture with his head towards the clerk and gave a quick wink.

Outside, Sam and Kara talked. All the while, the droid tracked all individuals that paid them or their vehicle any interest. Sam was unable to make any distinction between onlookers - they were being looked at, but no one seemed to pay them much heed.