• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 04:08 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New day's findings...

Started by tomcat, Apr 11, 2009, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 21, 2009, 09:45 AM #15 Last Edit: Apr 21, 2009, 09:49 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] Not sure if I gave you guys enough to RP off of here, before I gave you the cut-scene. I also forgot to call for the skill rolls needed.

So, Sam can link in with the Senator's mainframe to try and find information on the name Varta: Use Computer DC 10 and Gather Information DC 15. If someone else wants to try and search it, increase the Gather Information test by 2 to DC 17.

Or, you guys can try to search your own Knowledge (Galactic Lore) DC 15

"I am sorry," said Neja. "I do not know anything else."

She sat there staring at the people around her, "What happens to me now? Will I be put back out on the street?" Fear grew upon her face at the thought of her own suggestion, and the fact that someone out there wanted her dead.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 21, 2009, 09:45 AM
She sat there staring at the people around her, "What happens to me now? Will I be put back out on the street?" Fear grew upon her face at the thought of her own suggestion, and the fact that someone out there wanted her dead.

"No," Caden said firmly. "Not if I have anything to say about it. My ship, the Aegis, is on the landing pad out back. It's not as luxurious as this place, but it'll keep you safe. If you'd like, you're free to stay there until we get this all sorted out."

He paused... she was pretty, wasn't she?

"After that... Well, we'll see where things go."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] Yes, Neja is a very pretty woman... although she has some miles. ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 21, 2009, 05:01 PM
[OOC:] Yes, Neja is a very pretty woman... although she has some miles. ;)

OOC: Oh, yeah. Emotionally scarred... courtesans don't usually make for a great catch. Caden's just a sucker for a pretty face. Which, I'm sure, gets him in plenty of trouble... and might here.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara shook her head at Caden's offer, and elbowed Sam.

"Hope you are still recording.  That's typical males at work, look at him offering for her to stay on his ship.  Its a surprise all women are alcoholics with the way men behave." she muttered just loud enough so that everyone in the room could hear her.

GandalfOfBorg

Dan smirked but covered it quickly.  "Unless there is a more suitable option, I agree with Caden.  The investigation into who or what Varta is can wait, we need to get to the storage facility."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Apr 24, 2009, 03:08 PM #21 Last Edit: Apr 24, 2009, 09:16 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] You guys are welcome to give me the Gather Info rolls when you want, but I am going to move us along.

The party left Neja's room in search for their host. They would need transportation once more so that they could go in search of Kreyvahl Storage. Senator Ranie was quite accomodating and allowed them to take one of his vehicles. He also was not oppossed to Neja staying at his home for the meantime, although it would come a time that she would need to leave - after all, it was not proper.

Sam had pre-programed the route into his memory and so the team allowed the droid to drive.  Once more, they left the natural wonder of Ranie's home, driving along the wooded cliffside until they at last returned to the city. The traffic was heavy with people going to and from work, or conducting business of their own. The droid weaved throughout the city heading towards the southside, and the large seaport facility that was there. They followed along a main road, and then onto some less-kept side streets until they passed through a large gated entrance. Beyond was a series of warehouses and loading docks that both sea vessels and commercial trucking vehicles would unload. The facility was busy with merchantmen working with cranes and repulsor sleds moving large shipments of cargo on and off of ships and trucks.

Sam pulled the speeder over and shut it down. The team stepped from the vehicle and each seemed to notice that the senator's speeder stuck out here like a sore thumb. Eyes glanced their way, though no one approached. Sam checked his positioning and then looked in a direction - there, 100 meters away, was a long storage building. A front office was obvious and above it was the sign, Kreyvahl's Storage.

BrianM

Brim snorted. Unfortunately, having a quiet look about the place was not going to be possible, as the group had been noticed by too many already.

"Might I suggest we play the part of customers, looking for storage. If some of us can remain discreet, perhaps we can slip away from the group once we are inside and look at the Senator's storage unit undisturbed."

GandalfOfBorg

"Alright, I'll do it... anyone want to come with?  It'll be pretty boring," says Dan.
Gwaithlim Weapons

donimator

[OOC]If still allowable, Sam would have liked to search data records for any blueprint or layout of the storage building that could be used to gain access other than by the front door. Also, I can't recall if we know the actual number of the senator's unit. Possible to hack something to find that out?

Sam look around at the curious glances. "I'll stay with the speeder and keep an eye on the door. Send me a message if you need anything."

BrianM

Apr 28, 2009, 08:36 AM #25 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2009, 11:15 AM by BrianM
As Sam parked the speeder, Brim quietly considered his hastily envisioned plan, deciding that it might be better to take an alternate approach.

"Upon second thought, this facility is bound to have all manner of security systems for monitoring activity within it. Anyone skulking around will attract more attention than a group simply visiting a storage unit they are supposed to have access to, like we do.

Perhaps we would be better off staying together to check out the Senator's unit. There is really no need for deception here, unless the Senator has placed some form of restriction on who is allowed access, and the staff question us about it."

watanabe

Kara looked at the jacket she was wearing, the one she had stolen, but that made her look like a member of the mechanical repair company.

"I'll stick outside with Sam.  If they won't let you in, then I can try to slip in like I'm here for a repair job.  I even have my toolkit with as always."

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Unless there are any objections, let's move on to inquiring about a storage unit.
Gwaithlim Weapons

watanabe

OOC:  Sounds good, I'll hang back ready to bust in as backup if needed.

tomcat

Apr 30, 2009, 09:54 AM #29 Last Edit: Apr 30, 2009, 10:08 AM by tomcat
Quote from: donimator on Apr 28, 2009, 07:18 AM
[OOC]If still allowable, Sam would have liked to search data records for any blueprint or layout of the storage building that could be used to gain access other than by the front door. Also, I can't recall if we know the actual number of the senator's unit. Possible to hack something to find that out?

[OOC:] Hey Don, I have no problem with Sam making data checks - I am still waiting on rolls from you guys with the data retreival above. I gues the question I want you guys to answer for me is, do you want me to roll these kind of rolls for you? In my Lord of the Rings games, the players roll all but the most unimportant of rolls. But for ease of game (and speed), I certainly can make game rolls for you guys.

Let me know... and yes, Sam can make data searches but he is going to need a database to tap into. The only information he retrieved from the Senator's computer was address.

Sam took up a casual (non-droid-like) position at the front of the speeder, sitting on the vehicle and causing the repulsors to whine a bit louder as they compensated for the weight. Kara on the other hand sat in the front seat and put her booted feet up on the door, allowing the cool conditioned air to blow on her - after all, the day was warming up and it was muggy down by the ocean, the breeze being non-present.

Caden, Dan and Brim all made their way towards the office. They pushed open the door, sounding a bell overhead as they did, and walked up to a disorganized-looking counter. Stacks of paper and binders lay about and an old computer monitor flickered on a desk along the back wall. A ceiling fan above squeeked softly, as if it were on its last leg. A heavy set man came from a smaller secondary office, his unkempt shirt already showing the stains from the day's heat.

He eyed Brim, "Can I help ya?"

The Shade tapped in the series of numbers that he had written down from the speeder that had carried the two investigators from Seelig's apartment. It only took a moment for the system to give him what he was looking for:

SORSB V36 COURIER LIC#J22457 [OFFICIAL, GOVT - RANIE]

"Senator Ranie..." he thought.