• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 02:19 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New day's findings...

Started by tomcat, Apr 11, 2009, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watanabe

Kara sat in the speeder and flipped the cooling switch a little higher as she felt her self begin to sweat a little.

"Bestine, I went by there once on a job with a cargo hauler.  Something about hauling a bunch of aqua-crops out of there, but ended up being one big mess.  Course, not as bad as the mess I've seem to have gotten in on this planet."  She sighed and looked at the sun in the sky bearing down heat.

"So, how long you guys been here on Bakura?  I was hoping we could head to a more civilized world...you know a place where prices are cheaper, and one can buy anything they want."

tomcat

[OOC:] To Brian, Shawn (Matt's not included cause he is on downtime due to his wife's ailment)...

Am I not leaving you guys enough to RP off of, in this game? Are the personal life schedules slammed for now? Let me know... and I will adjust accordingly.

Don and Nick are having some good back and forth RP'ing outside the store, but I will give you guys some stuff as it comes up.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

[OOC Sorry this past weekend was swamped for me. To be honest, Brim's a little stumped coming up with a plan, but here goes anyway ...  :)]

Once again taking on the subservient role, Brim leaned in close to Dan, speaking quietly but still allowing the Kreyvahl man to hear. "Master, to save time, if you would like to discuss the details of the rental with the proprietor in his office, we will take some more precise measurements of the space." Realizing that Dan had the code cylinder for the Senator's unit, Brim added "If you would give me the measuring device we will proceed."

sdrotar

Quote from: BrianM on May 11, 2009, 01:32 PM
[OOC Sorry this past weekend was swamped for me. To be honest, Brim's a little stumped coming up with a plan, but here goes anyway ...  :)]

Once again taking on the subservient role, Brim leaned in close to Dan, speaking quietly but still allowing the Kreyvahl man to hear. "Master, to save time, if you would like to discuss the details of the rental with the proprietor in his office, we will take some more precise measurements of the space." Realizing that Dan had the code cylinder for the Senator's unit, Brim added "If you would give me the measuring device we will proceed."

OOC: That's a better plan than I had... Caden will try to stall the man by chatting his ears off about anything and everything while Brim (and Sam and Kara?) see what they can find.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

BrianM

May 12, 2009, 08:16 AM #49 Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:18 AM by BrianM
Quote from: sdrotar on May 12, 2009, 08:12 AMOOC: That's a better plan than I had... Caden will try to stall the man by chatting his ears off about anything and everything while Brim (and Sam and Kara?) see what they can find.

OOC: Though, Brim's first plan (his daydream about blowing the guys brains out) was perhaps the best of all. ;D

Alas, he has no blaster so we'll just have to go with the boring plan. ;)

watanabe

OOC: I actually like rp'ing, so I could sit in this speeder all day long, unless help is requested.  ;D

tomcat

May 12, 2009, 02:31 PM #51 Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:34 PM by tomcat
Quote from: BrianM on May 11, 2009, 01:32 PMOnce again taking on the subservient role, Brim leaned in close to Dan, speaking quietly but still allowing the Kreyvahl man to hear. "Master, to save time, if you would like to discuss the details of the rental with the proprietor in his office, we will take some more precise measurements of the space." Realizing that Dan had the code cylinder for the Senator's unit, Brim added "If you would give me the measuring device we will proceed."

[OOC:] This was a perfect plan Brian, and just what I needed!  ;)

"Ah yes," said Dan, and he reached into his pants to grab everything that was within, including the code cylinder. He quickly pushed it all into Brim's hand and gently maneuvered the clerk from the closet storage. "All right! Let's go see about the contract and getting me set up."

Caden also followed along, "Looks like that is all you'll need, Dan. So what's the rate on it again?"

The clerk looked over his shoulder at Brim, still standing in the closet, his face unsure. But it was just an empty storage room and he'd obviously have a signed agreement in a few minutes, so what was the big deal. "Err... all right," he mumbled. "Just pull the door closed when you have your measurements. It will lock automatically."  The trio turned the corner and walked back to the office.

Once gone, Brim stepped out of the empty storage unit and moved quickly to the unit labeled 15. He filtered through all the items in his hand and inserted Seelig's code cylinder into the lock. It took a single moment, then the light turned green and there was a click. This door also opened slightly from the overpressure of the ventilation system. Brim drew back the door the rest of the way and looked within.

The storage unit was empty... save for a medium-sized, square safe on the floor. The Rodian approached the safe and saw that it too had a circular key hole. He retrieved the code cylinder from the outside lock and inserted it into the safe. A digital display winked to life and then a code word typed itself out on the screen... f-u-l-c-r-u-n.

Click!

The lock to the safe opened. Brim carefully opened the small door and saw a series of drawers within. The first drawer contained an electronic datapad. The second a sheaf of clipped papers. The third held three racks of small tubes, each filled with a liquid. There were 24 tubes in each of the racks and all were full.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

[OOC Just to clarify ... there are 72 tubes in total. Are they all identical? Ideally Brim would like to take all of this stuff with him, but is that possible, even if he filled all his pockets?]

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Brian - yes and yes.

The vials are smaller than normal lab test tubes - in fact, think of them as cologne/perfume tester sized. Each is corked and there are 24 in a rack, and three racks.

The vials, datapad and parchements would easily be concealed in an outer coats big pockets, if Brim is wearing one. If not, it wouldn't take much to carry it all out with two hands - balancing stuff, of course.

BrianM

May 13, 2009, 11:21 AM #54 Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:24 AM by BrianM
[OOC Brim is wearing a short jacket as seen in the picture on the character record]

Wanting to get out as soon as possible, Brim did not take time to inspect the items he found in the safe. He first took the datapad and papers and tucked them into the back of his waistband under his jacket. Next, the Rodian carefully removed the small tubes, tucking them into various pockets in his jacket and pants. Fortunately they were small, and he found a spot for all 72. If he walked carefully enough, the sound of them clinking together would be minimal.

Finally, Brim inspected of the inside of the safe to make sure he hadn't missed anything. Satisfied, he closed the safe and then returned to the hall, where he closed the doors to both units 15 and 17.

Walking carefully back to the office, Brim nodded to Dan and Caden standing at the desk. "The dimensions are satisfactory, master."

[OOC Perception (search inside the safe) +7
Roll(1d20)+7:16,+7 Total:23]

sdrotar

"All right, then," Caden said, looking at Dan. He noticed the look in Brim's large eyes; he had found something.
"Let's get this paid for so we can start moving, huh?"
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Quote from: watanabe on May 10, 2009, 12:49 PM
"So, how long you guys been here on Bakura?  I was hoping we could head to a more civilized world...you know a place where prices are cheaper, and one can buy anything they want."
"We just arrived a day or so before we met you. That meeting was our first foray as part of our covert mission." Sam struggled with the rudimentary algorithms in his programming to try and inject a tone of irony into his vocalizer output. "Stick around...if this ends up in a shootout, too, we may be asked to leave the system."

Sam continued his monitoring of the foot and vehicle traffic in the area (Perception +9)...while also thinking about how he could enhance the sensor suite in the speeder as his hand actuator hovered near his toolbelt...(always the tinkerer, Mechanics +14  :P)

watanabe

Kara patted her blaster, and looked at Sam.

"I'd like to get paid before we leave this planet, though I wouldn't mind if we got kicked out of this system, the place is a dump.  Trust me, I've been stuck here for two months, and if I have to eat anymore of this fruity Bakuran food, I'm gonna stick a blaster into a chef's mouth and make him cook me a real Corellian meal."

Kara got up, and pulled out her toolkit.

"Need any help there?" she asked as she spun a hydrospanner in her hand.

OOC:

Mechanics +8

tomcat

May 14, 2009, 07:22 AM #58 Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:24 AM by tomcat
The paperwork was filled out. Dan used false information for everything, and the clerk never asked for identification, which made it even better. The heavy-set man looked up from his counter, "It will be 275 larians a month... I will need the first month today."

"You take Imperial Credits?" Dan asked. "Sure," was the reply, and Qinos paid the fee. The Senator could reimburse him.

Another code cylinder was handed to him, "You are all set. The code cylinder has been set to a new combination which will open that door. Thanks."

That done, the trio walked out of the small office and back to the vehicle, only to find the droid and the Corellian stripping one of its components.

GandalfOfBorg

"Alright we'll start moving in tomorrow.  What are the hours of which we can get access to the units?"
After satisfactorily distracting the owner, Dan and the others rejoin the two at the vehicle.  "Let's be on our way."  In a low voice, "Back to the Senator's; I believe we've hit a jackpot," he says, eying the Rodian.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16