• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 12:48 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Farlain Tower

Started by tomcat, Dec 06, 2008, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Dec 06, 2008, 01:46 PM Last Edit: Dec 06, 2008, 02:20 PM by tomcat
The speeder bearing Brim and Qinos followed traffic into a very elegant side of town. Large towers rose with colorful lighting and pads for personal craft. The architecture matched Ranie's mansion - both technologically advanced but also allowing for a graceful, natural appearance.

Swooping in over a pad, the speeder flared and then came into a hover position. The door hissed open, as the driver turned to face the team. He handed over a small access card. "That will get you in and shut down the alarm system. The police and tower security have already been informed that you are here and will be looking around. When you are done, I will be parked here, but here also is a commlink - it is linked to me and to your associates across town."

Brim took the small white communicator as he put a foot out of the speeder and onto what had to be Seelig's private landing pad. The acces card said Farlain Tower - the name of the apartment building. On it, too, was a number 290.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Dan thanks the driver and steps out of the vehicle.  Waiting for Brim, he takes a look around and proceeds to enter the building with his companion.

OOC: Take 10 for Use the Force (>= 15) to Sense Surroundings.
Perception - Roll(1d20)+4: 5,+4 Total:9 to see if they were being observed by anyone out of the ordinary or expected.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

BrianM

Dec 09, 2008, 09:05 AM #2 Last Edit: Dec 09, 2008, 09:15 AM by BrianM
Brim watched Dan survey the landing pad. Sometimes the Jedi he knew in the past would have a certain expression on their face when they were sensing things around them. Perhaps their investigation today would help Dan focus his own abilities. It was reassuring being around someone with talent in the Force, but they would have to be especially careful.

"Let's have a look around before we speak with any security personnel. If I were them, I would be embarassed that such a crime took place in my building. Their input might be ... inaccurate."

Brim used the card to access the lifts, and proceeded to the entrance to suite 290 with Dan. He examined the door for any sort of tampering before going through.

[OOC: Shall we make our own perception-type rolls? Or would you like to keep them hidden?]

tomcat

Dec 09, 2008, 01:07 PM #3 Last Edit: Dec 10, 2008, 05:17 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] Sorry for the delay guys... I am still reading the rules to figure out how all this shit works!  (D I have purchased 5 books thus far, so I have been reading through all and have overstimulated the brain with new mechanics!

Brian, you can make your rolls for things you are doing directly, I will keep DC #'s secret at times. I also may make rolls for you when I need to, but you are fine here.

Dan and Brim took the elevator up to the 30th floor and to Senator Seelig's room. All the way up, Qinos reached out with his feelings, as he had done in the past, to try and sense any potential threats. But save for a feeling that the apartments in the building were occupied with some of the residents, nothing caused the chill that warned him of danger.

The two companions waved the access card over Seelig's door control and it swung open. Brim bent to take a close look at the controller - his sharp eyes searching to see if there were any signs of tampering. Dan stepped under the police tape and entered the apartment.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Brim was unable to see any tampering done to the access control. Whomever had opened it had been most skilled.

Dan looked around the oppulent suite. The living room was quite large and looked like it was meant more for business than for entertaining guests. Off to the left, an entrance led to a kitchen, and to the right was the bedroom. Qinos noticed this door had been blown in. Evidence of a small charger could be seen, along with the missing door handle.

GandalfOfBorg

"This was all very efficient and, thus, very expensive.  These were professionals following orders, not fanatics, who perpetrated this," Dan said to himself.  He continued on into the violated room.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

The room was left in its state from the night of the murder. The bed mattress was still thrown aside and bedclothes were all strewn. Dan walked to where the window was blown open and looked out. It was high up and the city was pleasantly lit, the wind whistling softly as it blew. Qinos could see where Seelig had been strung up, only to be killed. It was quite gruesome now that he stood where it had all taken place. He turned around and looked back towards the entrance to the bedroom, mentally trying to get a fix on where the gunman must have stood to make the shot.

Suddenly Dan felt a slight bit of vertigo and staggered a moment, catching himself with a hand to the wall. In his mind he saw the unclear shapes of five people standing before him and then a bright flare of a blaster. His mind cleared.

BrianM

"Are you alright, Dan?" Brim was standing in the doorway of the bedroom, watching his friend catch his balance. "Do not stand so close to the window."

The Rodian paused, and appeared to be breathing more deeply than normal, perhaps even sniffing the air. He was looking about the room as if in thought. "Hmmm ... one of my kind has been here, I am certain of it. The odor is somewhat ... 'distinctive'. I wonder if this other was a friend ... or the murderer. We must ask our patron if the Senator had any dealings with Rodians."

Brim took a closer look at the security features of the apartment, to see if any tampering was apparent, but he doubted he would find anything amiss. The attackers apparently had had relatively easy access.

Peering back into the hallway outside the door, he looked for security cameras that may provide a view of the entrance ... and perhaps a recording of anyone visiting the Senator.

tomcat

Brim immediately notices the camera that monitors the main entrance door. He quickly goes to the main computer console to investigate further.

[OOC:] I am going to need a Use Computer roll DC 15 - computers attitude is Friendly since you have the access card.

GandalfOfBorg

"I am fine, thank you.  For some reason, I got a sense of what had happened here... as if I may have been Seelig himself."

OOC: Does Dan recall if one of the figures was a Rodian?
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

[OOC:] Vision was not clear enough.

GandalfOfBorg

"The vision though wasn't clear enough for me to tell whether or not a Rodian was present at the time of the incident.  Only the girl would be able to answer that I think," calls out Dan.
Gwaithlim Weapons

BrianM

Dec 16, 2008, 05:48 PM #12 Last Edit: Dec 16, 2008, 05:52 PM by BrianM
Quote from: tomcat on Dec 12, 2008, 06:56 PM
Brim immediately notices the camera that monitors the main entrance door. He quickly goes to the main computer console to investigate further.

[OOC:] I am going to need a Use Computer roll DC 15 - computers attitude is Friendly since you have the access card.

[OOC]

Oops ... totally overlooked this ... here's the roll ...

Roll(1d20)+3: 8,+3 Total:11

hmmm ... this thing have an on switch somewhere? ;)

[/OOC]

"Dan, I'm having some difficulty accessing video feeds for the camera that monitors the front entrance. There's likely nothing there anymore ... the perpetrators don't seem to have missed anything ... but perhaps you can give it a try."

GandalfOfBorg

Jogged out of his listlessness, Dan joins Brim.  "Dunno how much help I can be, but I'll give it a try."  Fumbling around with the controls, Dan pushes a few buttons to see what he can get.

QuoteOOC: Use Computer - (1d20)+3: 14,+3 Total:17
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Dec 17, 2008, 01:20 PM #14 Last Edit: Dec 17, 2008, 01:22 PM by tomcat
Dan accessed the database of video that had been taken and stored over the last three weeks. He chose the run date that immediately preceded the murder and the screen lit up with a video of the once living Seelig. The two watched as the Senator took care of day-to-day things; dealt with a few issues of his office; and then some down time resting. After about 15 minutes of the routine activities, Qinos pushed a button that advanced the video in blocks of, at first, days so that they could close on the murder date, and then by jumps of 15 minutes. At the same time, Brim changed the software settings so that all camera views were displayed on the monitor.

The day of his death, seemed to start out normal for Senator Seelig. Breakfast, work, two visitors in the afternoon that looked official, and finally, as the evening began, the arrival of young Neja. The two investigators watched the video as much as they could, but felt uncomfortable when the two lovers became intimate. It was then that all views on the monitor went to static, only to restart with a timestamp variance of 12 minutes. On the small view that showed the senator's room, Seelig could now be seen hanging dead in his window. There was no evidence of Neja's presence.