• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 02:40 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Farlain Tower

Started by tomcat, Dec 06, 2008, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

"We could so use a slicer of our own about now.  Would Sam be much use recovering the lost time, do you know?  Or maybe our benefactor could get us a lead? Suffice it to say, I hope our companions are faring better than us."

OOC: Is it possible to get a copy of security feeds?  Would be possible to recover the feed's missing time with a copy?  Also what do you mean by "no evidence of Neja's presence"? Does it mean that it looks as though she was never there or that she was gone before the feed came back online?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

[OOC:] The camera/security system was shut down during the murder, so there is no data to re-capture.

As far as Neja, I meant that from the video you are watching, you cannot see her  in the room.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: I get it now.
Dan will continue to watch the video after the "glitch" to see what happens with Neja and such.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Qinos watched the video for another 10 minutes, seeing that nothing moved in the room. He pushed the control to advance the video and in 45 minutes, the video began to show the arrival of police officers. Finally, Neja was revealed underneath the bed by the investigators, all armed and ready.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Dec 19, 2008, 06:26 PM #19 Last Edit: Dec 28, 2008, 10:35 AM by GandalfOfBorg
"Hmm well that's it, isn't it?  Got any better ideas?" he asks Brim.

QuoteOOC: Use the Force- Roll(1d20)+11: 18,+11 Total:29
Dan attempts to "search his feelings" to determine if leaving now without further investigation would be a bad thing.  This is unconscious of course since he cannot really direct his powers without formal training.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

[OOC:] I am only waiting for Matt to finish what he was doing, before I move on this thread. Brim, of course, may give me any actions or dialogue he'd like.

GandalfOfBorg

Gwaithlim Weapons

BrianM

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Dec 19, 2008, 06:26 PM
"Hmm well that's it, isn't it?  Got any better ideas?" he asks Brim.

"Well, I don't think there is much more to see here. I am convinced that a Rodian was involved in the murder, however. I wonder if there is some other source of security footage that might supply us with a clue. Perhaps something from the outside that our perpetrators could not tamper with."

[OOC Question - does this building have a security office/personnel which monitor common areas of the complex? I'm thinking that a Rodian entering the building would be unusual and would have been noted.]

[OOC2 Apologies for the lack of posts. I had every intention of posting here over the past week, but holiday activities have been overwhelming. Now that familial commitments are done I will be online more regularly. BTW, I hope all of you are enjoying a fine holiday season!  :)]

tomcat

Jan 01, 2009, 10:26 AM #23 Last Edit: Jan 01, 2009, 10:30 AM by tomcat
Dan breathed out and closed his eyes. He went through all his thoughts to try and link them together so that he did not forget anything, or forget anything he yet wanted to check. There was nothing there that he and Brim hadn't done already, and Dan concluded that yes, they were finished here.

He opened his eyes and stared at the computer console desk before him. Upon the  upper shelf was a potted house plant, and Qinos' hand reached out to pick it up. He had no conscious reason to, but there was the plant now in his hands. "Something's in it," he thought.

Brim watched Dan from a few feet away, his own thoughts yet unanswered. Then Qinos pulled from the plant a small code cylinder that someone might use to open a lock, or access a databank. The Rodian thought it odd that the code cylinder was kept in a plant, and knew that the hunt just widened. And Rodian's loved the hunt!

[OOC:] No problem Brian, we all have had a busy couple weeks! Also, your thoughts about the building security will still be followed up on based on the dialogue between your characters.

Matt, all the narrative above is my way to explain Dan's abilities that he is not yet aware of, but your test was a success.

GandalfOfBorg

Suprised at the appearance of the plant in his hands without conscious thought, he almost dropped it. His voice cracked, only a little. "Let's do a quick search again," he said clearing his throat, "this might be to some hidden safe.  If not maybe the surveillance can show us something or our benefactor could explain it."

QuoteSearch: Roll(1d20)+4: 16,+4 Total:20
Gwaithlim Weapons

BrianM

"So he does have the skills of the Jedi after all", thought Brim as he watched his comrade pull the key from the plant pot.

"I see there may be more to find here than we thought, my friend. I agree that we should search more throughly."

The hunt was on! Brim started looking through the small apartment with renewed vigor.

OOC: Perception - Roll(1d20)+7: 13,+7 Total:20

tomcat

Jan 04, 2009, 04:40 PM #26 Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009, 04:44 PM by tomcat
Both Brim and Dan were simultaneous in their discovery of the code cylinder port on Seelig's computer terminal. The small hole easily accomodated the portable storage device and the terminal screen came to life once inserted.

Data scrolled down the screen revealing an address and a simple lock access code:

Kreyvahl Storage
98A Carlathan Avenue
Unit 15
password: fulcrun

There stood two adjacent towers to Farlain Tower. The figure stood in the shadows across the street, atop one of these towers. He adjusted his night-goggles a bit, zooming in on the two occupants of the dead senator's apartment. He wondered what they found in the planter.

GandalfOfBorg

"Gotcha!  That's more like it!" exclaimed Dan.  "Let's go!  I think we should meet up with the others before continuing on to this address."
Gwaithlim Weapons

BrianM

Jan 07, 2009, 11:18 AM #28 Last Edit: Jan 07, 2009, 11:22 AM by BrianM
Brim's eyes widened when the location and access code appeared on the screen. "Yes. This is good. Your skills have served you well, my friend. Let us proceed with the hunt!"

tomcat

[OOC:] I will move this scene on, but if you guys can first let me know if you will be calling for your transport; calling your companions? Or anything like that... thanks.