• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 07:46 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 2 - The battle for Barad Eldanar

Started by tomcat, Mar 19, 2005, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The Company members that came through the gates found the inner courtyard free of any enemy, only the guards above posed a threat. Still, Fengel could see light beginning to fill the small castle that sat within the walls of Eldanar - whoever was within was awake and waiting.

Behind the castle, Durgil lost sight of the men that scattered from his initial attack. Some had run to the base of the wall, some had returned from whence they came, and the few remaining had taken cover behind the corners of the inner castle. The two archers that stood within the watchtower were still firing arrows at he and his men, so they would need to be silenced first.

Back Wall

Front gate

The following is the current situation:

Durgil and his men can see 2 guards to their right about 30 yards (see map- the little line represents 45' on the picture). Dirnhael and Fengel have 3 guards in front of them and two above them in the tower roosts.

PM: Dim Lighting -3 to all tests; your enemy is either a 3 or 5 HIT kill, you will know when I tell you, their Defence is 11.

SM: Edrahil is Winded -1, Daelhun is Winded -1

Initiatives:

Dunedain Warriors- 11
Edrahil- 11
Fengel- 11
Lunduf- 9
Nain- 8
Daelhun- 7
Dirnhael- 7
Durgil- 5
Easterling Guards- 5
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Hopefully the men with me will continue to finish off those at the guard towers, but if he needs to...

"Take care of those archers," Durgil directs his men.  "Daelhun and I will worry about the guards on the ground."

With a fresh arrow, Durgil takes aim against another guard on the ground (if any are in view), let's fly another dart, and reloads.

RC: Bows (Longbow) - (5+4)+8+2-3=16

OOC: How high is the wall the we are on to ground in the courtyard?

EDIT: And this was the first thing I actually rolled for, Init = (2+1)+2=5.  If you want to roll initiative, that's fine by me.  I just forgot because I was in a hurry to get my post done.

PS - I will be out of contact for a few days while I move this weekend (maybe Fri, Sat, Sun, maybe Mon, maybe Tues).
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Wiseman

Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2: 3,3,+2 -1 Total:7

Daelhun once again drew on the bowstring and let another arrow soar towards it target, the Easterling that stood atop the tower would fall to him this day...

RC: Roll(2d6)+6: 3,5,+6 -4 Total:10

sdrotar

:arrow: Initiative roll:
Roll(2d6)+2:1,4,+2 Total:7

Moving as if by magic, the Dunedain contorted himself to avoid arrows he barely saw, and wondered momentarily if Edrahil had enchanted him somehow.

As he looked about, he saw that his men had weathered the initial onslaught.
He had a feeling that there was much more ahead of them, and there will still the two guards above to be dealt with...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorgHow high is the wall the we are on to ground in the courtyard?

Hey Matt, the walls are about 25' from top to bottom (including the crenallations), so from the parapet to the ground, it is about 20'. If any decided to jump, I would require a TN 15 Acrobatics test (1 ACTION) to land successfully and be able to perform another action this round. A TN 10 Acrobatics test (1 ACTION) to land and not hurt themselves, but unable to do more this round. A Failure or Complete Failure will cause 2d6 damage... no armor protection. A Disastrous Failure will cause 12 points of damage and a bone is broken: Roll 1d6 - 1 or 2 is an arm, 3 or 4 is leg, and 5 or 6 is the back or neck. In either the back or neck result, I will decide on any other potential harm (i.e. paralysis).

Quote from: sdrotarDirnhael angirly yanked the arrow form his flesh, cringing slightly as he did so.

You can revise this if you want to Shawn, as the sword never hit.  :D

Question for all of you, (answer me when you make your posts) - Would it be easier if I rolled everyones initiative when I set up each round?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat

Quote from: sdrotarDirnhael angirly yanked the arrow form his flesh, cringing slightly as he did so.

You can revise this if you want to Shawn, as the sword never hit.  :D

Question for all of you, (answer me when you make your posts) - Would it be easier if I rolled everyones initiative when I set up each round?

I revised the post. Plus, I wasn't sure what I was describing when I wrote "angirly"... LOL
As far as initiative goes, we just need to get it through our thick skulls (mine included) and get it done for you...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

Initiative:
Roll (2d6) 2,4 +2=8

Once inside the castle wall Nain keeps moving.  Since there is no one left to fight he heads for the door to the inner keep hoping to reach it before it is barred against them and made impossible to breach.

Actions:
Run to the inner doors

Initiative for Rd 3
Roll (2d6) 1,1 +2 =4 (Must be that heavy armor)

tomcat

BACK

Behind the castle, Durgil and Daelhun sought targets in the darkness below while their men nocked an arrow to their bows and let fly another volley at the guards in the watchtower.

:arrow: The Dunedain warriors attack the Easterling guards in the tower TN 11:
ACTIONS 1 - nock an arrow
ACTIONS 2-
RC +7, Dim Lighting -3, Cover -2, (Wounded-1)
Warrior 1- Roll(2d6)+1: 2,3,+1 Total:6 FAILED
Warrior 2- Roll(2d6)+1: 4,3,+1 Total:8 (1 Courage)= 11 SUCCESS
Warrior 3- Roll(2d6)+2: 5,5,+2 Total:12 SUCCESS
Warrior 4- Roll(2d6)+2: 5,1,+2 Total:8 FAILED
Scout- Roll(2d6)+3: 3,4,+3 Total:10 (1 Courage)= 13 SUCCESS

Easterlings attempt to Dodge Dunadan 2 and 3 (TN 11 and 12), and Scout (TN 13): Dodge +3
E'ling 1-
ACTION 1 -Roll(2d6)+3: 5,4,+3 Total:12 SUCCESS
ACTION 2 -Roll(2d6)+3: 3,1,+3 Total:7 FAILED (1 HIT)
E'ling 2-
ACTION 1 -Roll(2d6)+3: 5,3,+3 Total:11 (1 Courage) SUCCESS

Easterling 13 (TN 16) and Easterling 21 (TN 10) try to Dodge Daelhun and Durgil
ACTIONS 1: Dodge +3

Guard 13- Roll(2d6)+3: 1,5,+3 Total:9 FAILED (1 Courage) 1 HIT
Guard 21- Roll(2d6)+3: 4,4,+3 Total:11 SUCCESS

FRONT

At the front of the donjon, the group led by Dirnhael mounted the stairs to the Keep. The castle's access was through a door on the second floor and the only way to get to it was to climb a set of stairs and cross over a small bridge. The Company got to the door to find them closed and secured from within.

Edrahil looked to his left and saw a group of men come around the corner. The elf gave a shout to warn the rest of the group of their new assailants.

:arrow: OOC:

You guys are going to need to figure a way to open the doors while the others stave off the new attackers.

Wiseman

OOC: Use the dwarf as a battering ram!

Stefan

OOC: I got your battering ram right here MF  :twisted:

IC: After determining that the door is locked Nain quickly heafts his axe and begins using it to remove the impediment.  His blows landing in quick sucession on the wooden (yes, it is wood) door blocking the path.

Attack 2x
Roll (2d6) 1,5+6=12
DMG (2d6) 6,4 +9=19
Roll (2d6) 3,5+6=14
DMG (2d6) 6,6+9=21

cbl62

Fengel grasped the arrow shaft and quickly pulled it from his body with a yelp. He seemed to be able to continue and nothing vital seemed to be pierced, the wound only seemed to intensify his battle sense and adrenaline.

Across the gate he saw the lights of the keep and raised his sword again and moved forward to continue the assault.

Initiative (+3); Roll(2d6)+3: 3,5,+3 - Total:11

Lunduf

Init
Roll(2d6)+2: 2,5,+2 Total:9

Delays actions until receives word from Fengel as what to do. but stands ready to defend or attack from any side.

cbl62

Fengel saw the men approaching from around the donjon just after the elf spotted them. He looked at his companions and saw the glint in Lunduf's eyes.....

"Friend dwarf...if your axe is ready, stand beside me while we fight these men while the door comes down!"

And with that, he charges toward the approaching warriors....

tomcat

:arrow: OOC: I would like to apologize to everyone for the delay, I have been really busy with work which has cut down the amount of time I can spend on my computer. Anyway, here we go...

BACK OF KEEP
E'ling 1 is out of actions from dodging arrows to make it possible to do anything
E'ling 2 Fires at a Dunadan 1

Action 2 - nock arrow
Action 3 - RC +7, Wounded -3, AA -5
Roll(2d6)-1: 2,1,-1 Total:2 FAILED

E'ling 18, 19, 20, 21 fires at: (RC +7, Dim Light -3, (Wounded -3)
18 vs. Daelhun TN 12
ACTION 1 - nock arrow
ACTION 2 - Roll(2d6)+4: 3,4,+4 Total:11 (1 Courage)= 14 SUCCESS
Damage if not dodged... Roll(2d6)+1: 1,5,+1 Total:7
19 vs. Durgil TN 12
ACTION 1 - nock arrow
ACTION 2 - Roll(2d6)+4: 1,2,+4 Total:7 FAILED
20 vs. Scout TN 10
ACTION 1 - nock arrow
ACTION 2 - Roll(2d6)+1: 3,6,+1 Total:10 SUCCESS
21 vs. Dunadan TN 11
ACTION 2 - nock arrow
ACTION 3 - Roll(2d6)-4: 2,3,-4 Total:1 FAILED

As picture shows, Easterlings 13, 14, 15 are back in the barracks and going up the stairs to the parapets. Easterling 16 and 17 are under the party, in the shadows and unable to fire on the company.

Dunadan Scout attempts to Dodge TN 10...
Dodge +5, AA -5
Roll(2d6)+0: 4,2,+0 Total:6 FAILED

tomcat

AT THE GATES
Nain's attacks on the gates of the Donjon:

Wooden reinforced Door - Damage Absorbed 15, Sustainable Damage 25
Attack 1 did 19 -15, 4 Damage... door at 21
Attack 2 did 21 -15, 6 Damage... door at 15

Edrahil observes Nain and begins to contemplate a spell that will be resourceful once they burst through the gates. Fengel leads Lunduf down towards the oncoming Easterlings. Dirnhael and the two Dunadn warriors follow...

Dunadan 5 attacks Easterling 25 - TN 11
AC +9, Dim Light -3
ACTION 1 -Roll(2d6)+6: 6,4,+6 Total:16 SUCCESS
ACTION 2 -Roll(2d6)+6: 5,5,+6 Total:16 SUCCESS

Dunadan 6 attacks Easterling 26 - TN 11
AC +9, Dim Light -3
ACTION 1 -Roll(2d6)+6: 2,6,+6 Total:14 SUCCESS
ACTION 2 -Roll(2d6)+6: 6,5,+6 Total:17 SUCCESS

Easterlings attempt to Defend against the Dunadan attacks:
AC +8, PB +1, Dim Light -3
E'ling 25 - TN's 16 and 16
ACTION 1 -Roll(2d6)+6: 2,1,+6 Total:9 FAILED (2 HITS)
ACTION 2 -Roll(2d6)+6: 5,6,+6 Total:17 SUCCESS

E'ling 26 - TN's 14 and 17
ACTION 1 -Roll(2d6)+6: 1,2,+6 Total:9 FAILED (1 HIT)
ACTION 2 -Roll(2d6)+3: 5,4,+3 Total:12 FAILED (1 HIT)

Easterlings 25 and 26 attempt to attack... TN 11
AC +8, AA -5, Wounded -5, Dim Light -3
Never mind....

OOC: I will wait for Fengel and Lunduf's attacks before I roll the remaining Easterling defense and attacks...