• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:11 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New Neighbors

Started by tomcat, Feb 10, 2007, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 23, 2007, 07:38 PM

It raised its massive head and howled towards the moon, its sorrowful voice carrying over the plain to Dirnhael. To the warrior, he heard words whispered in the cry, "Death to you all!"

The lead warg snarled to his comrades and they began to run away from the incoming arrows - the wounded warg trailing behind with a faulty step.

A chill went straight into Dirnhael's bones.
He had heard something - speaking - from the beast! It seemed impossible.

He looked around briefly, as he put his bow away and placed his hand tightly on Vorandur's hilt, hoping to see the same look of uncertainty among his comrades as he surely had in his eyes. He saw none.

"Well done," he said curtly, before retreating into the house. Dirnhael couldn't sleep for the rest of that night, instead taking watch with Edrahil and confiding to his friend about what he heard. He hoped that the wise Elf had an explanation.

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, VĂ¡ri
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Like his friends, Durgil knew that wouldn't be the last they'd have seen or heard of those dark hounds.  After seeing to his horse, he returned to his bed and an uneasy sleep, hand always within reach of bow and blade.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Nikitas

OCC: I don't know if this is necessary but here goes...

Weariness TN 12:
1d12=12
Stamina (+2), Tireless (+6)
12+2+6= 20 Superior Success

Stefan

Nain was a little disappointed that the wargs didnt come back, but he didn't let it bother him as he headed back into the house, laid down once again on the floor with his blanket and was quickly snoring.

BrianM

Quote from: sdrotar on Feb 23, 2007, 10:13 PM
"Well done," he said curtly, before retreating into the house. Dirnhael couldn't sleep for the rest of that night, instead taking watch with Edrahil and confiding to his friend about what he heard. He hoped that the wise Elf had an explanation.

Sitting beside his friend, Edrahil brooded over their strange encounter. "I'm afraid I have little to add, Dirnhael. Those Wargs did not behave the way we have witnessed in the past. You say that words were carried on the beast's howl. I do not understand this." The elf withdrew into his own thoughts for the remainder of the night.