• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 08:42 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC: Short but sweet, time for a new Chapter...

Started by tomcat, Jan 30, 2007, 06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you guys still use the PDF downloadable character sheets?

Yes - keep them
3 (60%)
Yes - but you can get rid of them
0 (0%)
No - dump them
1 (20%)
No - but keep them, might be useful later
0 (0%)
Didn't know they were there - so no you can get rid of them
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

tomcat

Jan 30, 2007, 06:20 AM Last Edit: Jan 30, 2007, 07:42 AM by tomcat
OOC: Awesome post Stefan!!  ;) That rocked!

Keep it up guys! I will have the new post up later today.

As far as the last thread goes, you may all add to it as you wish, but though it was short, our chapter is ending and we are starting a new one.

I have awarded XP based on tests and RP'ing so for those that can, feel free to apply any advancement picks. As always, please post on this thread how you are spending your picks and apply them to your online character sheets.

BTW - can you also reply to the poll as to whether or not you guys still use the PDF downloadable character sheets. If not, I am going to eliminate them in my updates.

Thanks!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

1) Accurate (Bow: Longbow)
2) --
3) Stealth +1
4) Debate +1
5) Lore: Race (Dwarves)
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Jan 30, 2007, 10:47 AM #2 Last Edit: Jan 30, 2007, 11:38 AM by tomcat
Matt - I added your advancement picks to your online character sheet - I will update the PDF's once I get everyone's advancements.

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

Edrahil:
1) Healing (Treat Sick, Wounds) +1
2) Lore/Wilderness: Herbalism
3) Language: Dunlendish (Dunlendish)
4) Lore/Realm: Hollin
5) Observe (Sense Power) +1

(online sheet updated)

tomcat

Hey Brian,

I do not think you need to start a new Lore/Realm skill for Hollin, I think you need only buy the specialty Hollin and add it to your exisitng Lore/Realm. Let me check the Paths of the Wise to confirm this (unless you wanna check it before me) and I will get back to you.

Tomcat

BrianM

Hmmm ... I thought Lore/Realm skills were groups, I can check again ...

On another note ... I mentioned before that I was working at rebuilding Edrahil from scratch (purely for my own edification ... don't worry, the end result will be the same). I can't seem to get all the points to match up, so I'm wondering what method you used originally to generate the attributes ... was it random, or did you use the fixed values (10,9,7,7,5,4).

Thanks,
Brian

tomcat

Jan 31, 2007, 12:07 PM #6 Last Edit: Jan 31, 2007, 12:09 PM by tomcat
Hey Brian,

Edrahil was gen'ed using the random method. Let me know which numbers you are not getting to sync; maybe I can lend some aid there.

As far as the Lore/Realm skill - yes, you are correct. Lore/Realm is the skill group (others would be Lore/Group, Lore/Wilderness, etc.), Hollin would be the specialty, like Lindon is the specialty he already possessed. So, my thinking here is you just need to add Lindon to your Lore/Realm.

Thus it would be: Lore/Realm (Lindon, Hollin) skill of +6

It still would cost 1 pick for the specialty so the picks are still balanced.

I am heading home now and I will reference my books...

Doug

tomcat

Hey Brian,

I read into the Paths of the Wise and you are correct in how you have set up the new skill. Hollin is the skill group and specialties within would be types of terrain, rivers, ruins, etc.

Thus it would be: Lore/Realm: Hollin (Specialty) skill of +1

I may need to go through the rest of the character sheets to fix the skills so they are based on PotW rules.

Doug

BrianM

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the clarification. The way the Lore skills are defined is very open ended, which is great for character diversity, but it seems a bit too arbitrary at times and the Narrator is left to interpret how things should be.

About Edrahil's attributes ... what was confusing me before is that I had assumed that the fixed base values were used, rather than random values, and I just couldn't make the numbers work out. If you can recall what the original random values were, that would be great. Otherwise, I''ll just use numbers that work for the character. I've never actually created a magician character before, so this has been a good exercise.

Cheers,
Brian

tomcat

Hey Brian,

Sorry man... I can't remember the original die rolls, but all you need do is take the current attributes and subtract the racial bonuses. I know that there has never been any advancement points spent on upgrading any of Edrahil's attributes.

Doug

BrianM

Hey no problem. I did notice one thing about Edrahil - unless I've missed something, his spell picks only add up to 19 rather than 20. So as not to change the character much, the extra point can be devoted to Create Light, giving a max radius of 40'.

Brian

BrianM

One more quick note about Edrahil - I'm not sure how he is able to have the Enchantment order ability, which is from the Craftsman Order. Can you help me out with this one?

Thanks,
Brian

Nikitas

tomcat

Quote from: BrianM on Jan 31, 2007, 07:37 PMHey no problem. I did notice one thing about Edrahil - unless I've missed something, his spell picks only add up to 19 rather than 20. So as not to change the character much, the extra point can be devoted to Create Light, giving a max radius of 40'.

Hey Brian,

You can go to the following link and see Edrahil's attached grimoire and see how his Spell picks were used:

Edrahil - pdf

QuoteBrian: One more quick note about Edrahil - I'm not sure how he is able to have the Enchantment order ability, which is from the Craftsman Order. Can you help me out with this one?

Nikitas: It comes from "The Art" race ability.

Bingo Nikitas!  ;)

Let me know if you have any other questions Brian.

BrianM

Thanks for the help! All the numbers work out for Edrahil. I must confess I skimmed the elven abilities in the CRB and missed the bit about Enchantment. I also forgot about the grimoire in the PDF character sheet detailing all the spell picks.

This was a good exercise, as I've found out about a lot of Edrahil's abilities that I was unaware of or had only skimmed over.

Cheers,
Brian