• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 02:59 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC: Short but sweet, time for a new Chapter...

Started by tomcat, Jan 30, 2007, 06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you guys still use the PDF downloadable character sheets?

Yes - keep them
3 (60%)
Yes - but you can get rid of them
0 (0%)
No - dump them
1 (20%)
No - but keep them, might be useful later
0 (0%)
Didn't know they were there - so no you can get rid of them
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

GandalfOfBorg

Since we started before the release of PotW, I suggest not retroactively altering our Lore skills because that would mean we'd have to know what were the past advancements for the characters as well as reallocating the initial picks would be a headache as well.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

Nain's Advancement picks
1) +2 weaponsmith
2) Enchanting class skill

GandalfOfBorg

Oops Tomcat, I should've said Accurate (Shortbow).
Thanks
Gwaithlim Weapons

Palandil

Fengel's Advancements:
AC: Polearm +1
Observe +1
Swift Strike +1

tomcat

Okay, just waiting for Dirnhael's advancement picks... Galudir will have to wait until the end of this next chapter.  :(

Paul, did you get back into the RPG Web Profiler?

Let me know.

I will have the new chapter posts up by Sunday.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 02, 2007, 03:28 PM
Let me know.

No, I tried every password I could think of.  I am registered under Palandil, problem is my email address has changed as well.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 02, 2007, 03:28 PM
Okay, just waiting for Dirnhael's advancement picks... Galudir will have to wait until the end of this next chapter.  :(

Let me know.

I'll try to get them tonight; if not - then I'll have them first thing tomorrow. Sorry about the delay...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Feb 01, 2007, 11:48 AM
Since we started before the release of PotW, I suggest not retroactively altering our Lore skills because that would mean we'd have to know what were the past advancements for the characters as well as reallocating the initial picks would be a headache as well.

Hey GoB,

I have added a new Language/Lore section to the online character sheets and it now breaks out the skills into Groups; Sub-groups; and Specialties. Due to the fact that we created these characters prior, I am going to leave Durgil's current Lore/Race alone, but that is the only one. Any new lore will have to be bought by groug/sub/ and then any specialties.

No Problem Shawn...

Everyone's character sheet is done otherwise. When you look at them, you will see I also added some additional lines for specialties for different skills. But, if you run out of room here, the sheets still have the Additional skills section.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Hey all,

I know I had a poll going here to inquire the usefulness of the PDF character sheets that I had available for you to download, and whether they should be kept or not.

Well... sorry to say, but even though the consensus was for them to stay, I have pulled them from the website - now you will only have the online character sheets available. Understand the online character sheet can be printed and it comes out as a very nice three page sheet (just follow the instructions on the Character Sheet thread if you have any problems).

I will keep the PDF's and the original Word docs that I print the PDF's from, but it is getting to hard to maintain the sheets with the ongoing advancements - much moreso than it is to just update the online sheet - primarily because I an running out of little cells to enter any new attained skills.

Anyway, if you would like the original character documents, just let me know and I will e-mail them to you.

Doug

GandalfOfBorg

Ah well I guess wasn't as bad as I thought.  Since 1 pick was spent for each of those specialties and there is an equal number of ranks, it not a big deal to me to break them up into separate skills with 2 ranks in each.
Gwaithlim Weapons

BrianM

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 02, 2007, 08:37 PM
Anyway, if you would like the original character documents, just let me know and I will e-mail them to you.

Doug

Sure I'd love to have a copy of the document. It's a really good sheet that I can use for other characters as well. Do you have Edrahil's grimoire in a form-fillable format?

Thanks,
Brian

BrianM

Feb 03, 2007, 09:45 AM #26 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2007, 09:49 AM by BrianM
I have one more question about the online character sheets, about the Improvements column for Abilities and Edges. For Spellcasting, Edrahil has taken the Ability 4 times, so this makes sense. On the edges, when you say "1" for Stron-willed, tireless and Resolute, does this mean that these edges have been picked only once (the first time), or have they been "improved" once?

My guess is that each edge has been picked only once.

Thanks,
Brian

tomcat

Hey Brian,

You are correct... when I transfered the data to the online sheets, I put a 1 for the edges that had been picked once (thus Strong-willed 1 gives a +2 bonus, Strong-willed 2 gives +4, etc.).

I will e-mail you both forms for you to use at your leisure. They are in MS Word format. If you need any of the fonts, let me know.

Doug

BrianM

Feb 03, 2007, 10:30 AM #28 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2007, 11:27 AM by BrianM
Thanks!

I'm playing around with creating another character for a different game, and I have one more question that I think you guys can help me with.

When creating a background package, it appears that adding an Edge to it still costs only one pick (rather than two as in the Advancement table). I suppose someone into min-maxing could pick 6 Edges in this way to get the most out of their points. My question is, are racial skills (for the purposes of Advancement points) the ones listed in the Background Package, or are Racial skills any skill listed for that race. My gut feeling is that racial skills are only those from the background package (so that there is motivation to pick skills as well as Edges for the package).

Oh wait ... found a note in the errata that says the one point cost for "Racial" skill advancement is only for Native Languages and Lore - unfortunately, this really makes it easy to want to pick all Edges for a background package - is there some limitaion on this that I have missed somewhere?

Thanks,
Brian

Palandil

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 03, 2007, 10:20 AM
Hey Brian,

You are correct... when I transfered the data to the online sheets, I put a 1 for the edges that had been picked once (thus Strong-willed 1 gives a +2 bonus, Strong-willed 2 gives +4, etc.).

I will e-mail you both forms for you to use at your leisure. They are in MS Word format. If you need any of the fonts, let me know.

Doug

Hey Tomcat, could I get you to email the forms to me as well?  Pleeease...