• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 09:29 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 2 - To save their kin!

Started by tomcat, Dec 05, 2006, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Dec 05, 2006, 06:22 PM Last Edit: Dec 10, 2006, 03:44 PM by tomcat
The trolls were engaged by the hasty Dwarves, but Bori's initial plan had worked, an opneing was created for Nain and Dirnhael to slip past them and into the main chamber. Both warrior and craftsman looked about the larger cave and were glad that a fire burned there, casting its light about. It took only moments for the companions to see the three Dwarven prisoners squirming, bound and gagged. They quickly ran to where they lay, Dirnhael casting his gaze about in search of weapons that could be given to the freed captives. It took only a quick glance back to his left to cause Dirnhael to pause momentarily... in the corner not only lay the Dwarves weapons, but a large pile of treasures collected by the large brutes.

Edrahil felt a wave of weariness wash over him from his failed casting and wondered how he had failed at one of the spells that had become so common to him. The Sindar shook off the feeling of weight that seemed to hang on him - his companions would need him.

The rest of the companions and Dwarves prepared to return the attack. All the while, Ort, Bin, and Gnash raised their heavy clubs to smash their enemies once again!

Situation: The trolls are engaged! See the image to see your character's position and give me initiative rolls and your actions plus any narrative.

Situational Modifiers: Faint Light -2, Size mods 4 for Dwarves, 2 for Men/Elves (+ or - is relative to whether you are attacking or defending)

Troll Stats: Standard health levels for these baddies... sorry  :( ;) ; TN 10 defence

Physical Modifiers: Edrahil -1 Winded; Dwarf 3 -1 Dazed; all three Dwarves are knocked prone

Initiative:
Seriand 12
Edrahil 10
Fengel 8
Trolls 8
Durgil 7
Galudir 6
Dwarves 4

Dirnhael 12
Nain 9
*initiative rolls are transfered to Round 3

**Please remember to give me your next round's initiative at the end of your posts (Thanks GOB!)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

OOC: I don't see the image...

Initiative roll:
Roll(2d6)+2: 5,5,+2 Total:12 - Wow!
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

The young Dunedain puts himself in an advantageous position out of reach of the behemoths, hiding in the shadows and smoke as best he can to avoid the ire he's sure to create.  Durgil's bow sang again as the arrow was thrust towards its target.  It was made for this - the destruction of the servants of The Shadow and it revelled in its blood-letting.

Stealth (Hide) - 9*+3+2=14
OOC: My guess is that an additional +4 TN (Faint Light, Size Mod) will be given to the trolls if they try to find him.

(same troll as before) RC: Bows - 4*+11+2 Specialty +2 Size Mod +2 Rivendell Bow + 3 Courage -2 Faint Light = 22  EXTRAORDINARY SUCCESS
Damage - (3+1)+1=5 + (6+3) = 14

Init - 7*+2=9
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

Dec 06, 2006, 05:12 AM #3 Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006, 07:50 AM by Palandil

Intitiative: Roll(1d12)+3: 5,+3 Total:8

tomcat

Dec 06, 2006, 07:10 AM #4 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2006, 08:17 AM by tomcat
Quote from: sdrotarOOC: I don't see the image...

OOC: That's because I forgot to attach it... sorry!  :D You will find it below.

Quote from: PalandilOOC: Does Fengel get to have an action in the last round?  I didn't post any thing other than moving forward, more of holding his actions.  Then all of the sudden Dirnhael is in the main chamber and Fengel wouldn't have just stood there while his captain jumps into the jaws if you will.

OOC: Hey Paul, by all means Fengel can have an action for last round, just go to that thread and post the actions. Please take no offense here, this is not directed at you or any one player, but I had the 1st round thread holding for everybody to respond for a few days. I know life is busy for all, and I do not ever want any players to feel rushed here, but I do not want the game to sit too long because then we may have players drop off because it gets stagnant.

Anyway, yes, add a post in the Round 1 thread, and then give me what you are going to do in round 2. Feel free to let me know that your held actions will be based on a certain character's actions and that you will post after they do... or something like that. I definitely will wait to let you guys play out this story!  ;)

On that note, everyone let me know if I have you positioned on the map correctly, or if your character would have done something else. I will change it. THANKS!

PS - Galudir is also in the same boat as Fengel from round one... if your character had intentions of doing something prior to this new round, please add the posts to Round 1.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

OOC: Assuming I was able to rush past the trolls and saw the same as the others.

The treasure horde that sat in the corner was something to see, not the most amazing sight of his long life, but an interesting one none-the-less.  He took his eyes off the treasure to see that the two dwarves already were being attended to by the others in his party. 

Looking back Seriand hoped he might be able to attack one of the brutes from behind now that he was in a different position of the cave.  (OOC: Failing the ability to attack he will do the next action of looking over the treasure for the dwarves valueables, and maybe any others he can find... ;) )

With a quick look over the pile Seriand tried to figure out how much of the treasure he could carry out quickly, most notably the arms of the dwarves that had fallen.

Observe - Spot:  Roll(1d12)+10: 7,+10 Total:17

Stefan

When Nain got passed the Trolls he quickly set about freeing the dwarves that were tied.  Once they were freed he helped them get to their feet and get their weapons.

"Dwolin and Bori are fighting the trolls lets go give them a reason to lair near the Dwarves!"

He then heads back to the fighting, attacking Gnash from behind.

Initiative
(2d6)+2; 5,2,+2=9

OOC: I assume that with all that I wont have time to attack this round but I'll be headed back to attack next time.

sdrotar

Dec 06, 2006, 09:10 AM #7 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2006, 08:55 PM by sdrotar
Dirnhael didn't relish leaving the others to fight the trolls alone, but he reasoned that if he could help bring a handful more Dwarves back into the fight as quickly as possible, his brief absence would be worth it. He saw that Nain and Seriand apparently had the same idea, and he shouted back to them as he veered away.
"We must free the prisoners quickly! I will collect their weapons and bring them!"

Reasoning that the craftsman and the slender Elf had more nimble hands than he - so much the better to free the prisoners from their bonds - Dirnhael sprinted toward the gleaming pile he had spotted earlier, caring little for any of the riches therein, save what might arm the Dwarves and help keep them all alive...

Run Roll:
Roll(2d6)+4: 1,3,+4 Total:8

Search Roll:
Roll(2d6)+4:4,4,+4 Total:12

tomcat

Dec 06, 2006, 07:58 PM #8 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2006, 08:00 PM by tomcat
OOC: Seriand is in position to run back and attack the nearest troll, as long as he is not getting involved with the release of captives or the finding of their weapons. So you may go ahead and give me melee combat rolls...

To answer Dirnhael and Nain, yes Nain - you will spend this round cutting the binding from the other Dwarves; Dirnhael will have to rummage a little to collect the very obvious Dwarven battle axes and then bring them back to where  the prisoners sit rubbing hands and feet. You guys can give me initiatives for Round 3... (I will even allow you guys to transfer this round's initiative rolls to Round 3)  ;)

The bindings were tight and Nain had to grab up a small dirk that lay amongst the many items scattered on the ground. WIth the knife, the Dwarven craftsman made quick work of the ropes and gags, freeing his kin. The three Dwarves sat up but it was obvious that they would be a few minutes getting up - their hands and feet were still blue from the circulation being cut off by the ropes, yet grim determination sat in their faces and they worked rapidly at trying to get their appendages to obey the commands given them.

Dirnhael came over to where they all sat, the Dúnadan burdened with the battle-axes that were most presumably of Dwarf-make. He dispersed the weapons to their appropriate owners and they all began to awkwardly stand. Nain stood close at hand, his own axe ready in his fist, "Dwolin and Bori are fighting the trolls! Let's go give them a reason not to lair near the Dwarves!"

He then ran back to the fighting, approaching Gnash from behind.
The troll was presently engaged, bringing its huge club down to strike its attacker.

Behind Nain, Dirnhael came, followed by the Dwarf warriors of Khazad-dûm.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Dec 06, 2006, 07:58 PM
OOC: You guys can give me initiatives for Round 3... (I will even allow you guys to transfer this round's initiative rolls to Round 3)  ;)

OOC: I'm going to take you up on that. ;)

Nikitas

Dec 06, 2006, 09:13 PM #10 Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006, 07:30 AM by Nikitas
Initiative for round 2:
1d12= 1
Initiative (+5)
1+5= 6

Initiative for round 3:
1d12= 4
Initiative (+5)
4+5= 9

Armed Combat (Blades: Long sword):
1d12= 8
Nimbleness (+3), Skill Ranks (+6), Speciality (+2), Size (+2), Faint Light (-2)
8+3+6+2+2-2= 19

Damage:
1d12=2
Strength (+2), Weapon (+5)
2+2+5= 9

Galudir will delay until/if Fengel attacks, then join him. Oh and sorry about the 2d6 before, it totally slipped my mind.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Orc's teeth!" grumbled Galudir under his breath. The rogue was not shy from a fight, but he had little experience with trolls and yet still less inclination to stay and learn. Yet he held firm, waiting to join another in an attack.

Wiseman

Init: Roll(1d12)+3: 9,+3 Total:12

Seeing a perfect opening where he could flank the trolls Seriand doubled back and attacked the nearest troll with a fury that he had not felt in a long time.  With the elven blade in his hand he aimed for the back of the knees on the trolls, hopefully the wound would injure them enough to either aide in their eventual escape, or simply make the killing of the beast that much easier.

Attack 1: Roll(1d12)+10: 12,+10 Total:22
Attack 2: Roll(1d12)+10: 7,+10 Total:17
Damage 1: Roll(1d12)+5: 6,+5 Total:11
Damage 2: Roll(1d12)+5: 5,+5 Total:10

Init: Roll(1d12)+3:  1,+3 Total:4

Stefan

OOC: I think I'll stick with my roll for Initiative since I have even odds of it being better or worse.

tomcat

Dec 07, 2006, 06:00 PM #13 Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006, 06:07 PM by tomcat
OOC: Hey Paul, when you get the opportunity, if you will give me Fengel's actions for round 2. The trolls will follow him in initiative.

Thanks!

Palandil

Dec 08, 2006, 05:46 AM #14 Last Edit: Dec 08, 2006, 12:21 PM by Palandil
Fengel was surprised that the troll did not take notice of him at first, but as Cerduil cut deep into his flesh he caught a glimpse of the creature glaring at him.  His wound seemiing to only anger him.  Fengel swung Cerduil again hoping the new wounds would bring the troll to fear instead of more anger.  As his blade slashed through the creature's hide, Fengel raised his sword and shield, preparing for the return blow.

Action 1: Attack (Ort) TN 10 -2 Size Mod = TN 8
AC +8; Lsword +2; Nim +1; Warwise +3; Cerduil +1; +2 night-eyed(reduce penalty)
Roll(1d12)+15: 6,+15 Total:21

Action 2:Attack (Ort) TN 10 - 2 Size Mod = TN 8
AC +8; Lsword +2; Nim +1; Warwise +3; Cerduil +1; +2 night-eyed(reduce penalty)
Roll(1d12)+15: 8,+15 Total:23

Action 3: Parry
AC +8; Lsword +2; Nim +1; Warwise +3; Cerduil +1; parry bonus +1; -2 size mod; +3 Shield parry bonus; +2 night-eyed(reduce penalty)
Roll(1d12)+17: 1,+17 Total:18 - Roll(1d6)+0: 5,+0 Total:5   18 - 5 = 13

Strength Test:
Roll(1d12)+1:5,+1 Total:6

OOC: Hey Tomcat, its been a while since I had to parry, could you tell me if Fengel should use his shield or his sword?  I rolled for his sword but if the shield would be better I'll reroll, did I do this right in the above post anyway?