• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Jun 25, 2024, 06:33 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Unwelcome aid

Started by Eclecticon, May 23, 2024, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Though she knows of the task before then, Luindîs cannot, at first, bring herself to break the spell that clearly lies over the enraptured Beorning thegn, and so gleefully watches the passionate kids betwixt Man and river-spirit.  Here is beginning a tale that will live in song for a thousand years!  But will it end in joy and dancing, or in tears?

Gwaithlim, concerned less with the gathering of tales, waits a goodly while before tapping the hand of Sunshadow where it lies upon his companion's shoulder and forcefully clearing his throat.  "If you would, lady, have you any news of our Gondorian friend?"

Breaking her embrace with a mixture of amusement and annoyance, the River-maiden shifts her gaze at last to the lordly Elf.  "Naught do I know of Gondorians, Firstborn, but already this day I have seen another boat abroad on my river.  Heavily laden it was with Men, and ill-mannered ones!" 

Looking once again at Hathcyn, she adds "No favour such as yours did they spare for me!"

"Oh no, no more of that!" Luindîs splashes a handful of water on the already-damp Longspear.  "Did they make landfall? Or are we to pursue them to the sea itself?"

Sunshadow, harrumphing almost below hearing, crosses her arms over her bosom.  "Well yes, if you must know, they did.  For a promise to return when you are less... pressed, I shall show you where."
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

The boat continued to float downriver, but the Beorning did not mark its passage. His hand idly caressed the surface of the water absently in tender touch.

The Longspear drank in her beauty like a traveler long bereft of water finally finding a source to slack their thirst.

"They shall pay due deference to the lady of the water. Who's tresses match the highlights of the coming dawn, who's rippling hair matches the currents of this noble water, who's affections would melt the hardest of hearts, who's eyes match the myriad colors of the moon rising over rippling water, and who's kiss would be held the highest treasure for the most arduous of labors."

"Who has mistreated you lady and where are they? I shall teach them better manners who dare strike the surface of your waters with rude and ill-mannered strokes. They shall find your honor guarded with steel."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

With a good rap of the boat's pole atop the Beorning's head, Gwaithlim then turned his attention to steadying the boat.  "Wake up, we haven't time for this.  The moon doth dazzle the eyes while the stark presence of the sun's reality is about us."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

At the Beorning's abrupt change of expression, Sunshadow laughs, a sound like the peal of a waterfall.  "Oh, poor man, so busy with your work of war and feud!  I will show you where the rude ones left my river, and perhaps you and I shall find a later time to renew our dalliance."

With that, she vanishes into the dark green water and is gone, but the little boat is at once seized by a strong current that bears it surely and swiftly some miles downstream, to where the flow of the river has carved a hollow in the western bank.  There, another boat sits empty upon the shore, footprints marking the mud about it.

:ooc: We're back!  Sorry as usual for letting the game lag. Doug, my plan to have all this happen while you were away lies in tatters, so please feel free to play Luindîs for the duration.

Let me know what you want to do from here.  The obvious thing is to follow the tracks into the woods (which will need someone to pass A Hunting roll).  But you might also like to look at the prints here (Riddle to learn anything) or something else I haven't thought of. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: sounds like Hathcyn has a faerie date.

I'm rubbish at Riddle, but the Hunting I can swing.

Thoughts from the others?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18