• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:50 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

FELLOWSHIP PHASE - A time to heal

Started by tomcat, Jan 06, 2017, 06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: So that would give us 7 successes, do we go for the bonus round or until we hit our failure threshold?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Quote from: Eclecticon on Jan 22, 2017, 03:46 PM:ooc: Also, Grimbeorn's success should count as two - Matt rolled pretty damn well!  

:ooc: Yes you are right! I forgot to look to see that it was a great success.

You have attained the goal!

Tom, if you push it to the failure threshold, understand that all of your successes become for naught. The encounter becomes a loss and even though you had been stroking the lord good, something broke the moment and he is now pissed off and you are dismissed.

Encounter status

Failures:
• 1 Esgalwen (Intro)
• 1 Bandy (Inter)

Successess:
• 1 Grimbeorn (Intro)
• 1 Bandy (Intro)
• 1 Arbogast (Intro)
• 1 Esgalwen (Inter)
• 2 Grimbeorn (Inter)
• 1 Arbogast (Inter)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Ooc: well then I guess we are done!
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Jan 23, 2017, 11:49 AM #78 Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 12:00 PM by tomcat
Thranduil answered Arbogast, "The ghosts of the past are returning to haunt us. The Elves feel a tremble in the wood, as it was felt long ago when our great Greenwood was shaded with darkness and became the Mirkwood we now know. The quiet peace that always deludes us into believing the world has been cleansed of foul spirits, each time the Dark Lord is cast down, is nothing more than the calm before each storm. Long have the Elves known the suffering of Middle-earth and long have we striven to oppose the Shadow of the Black Foe of the World - He who was cast out long ago. But like a spring that bubbles up from the earth to become a river, so, too, does the evil return.

"It was Gandalf that requested you be brought before me. It was he who sent the Eagles to your aid. I find his reasoning and your declarations sound, and that you are truly heroes among your folk. As you have stated not once, but thrice, that you are at the service to my throne - then let me present you with a need of the Woodland Realm. Not two weeks past, a Elf-maiden of my court named Ruithel was abducted from the western edge of my kingdom. She and her hunting entourage were encamped near the Roaring Falls within an ancient Elven ruin there, built on the heights where the Forest River plummets. The party was attacked by a warband of Orcs out of the northwest. All were slain but Ruithel."

Thranduil approached the company, "Many are the eyes and ears of my allies within the forest - creatures of beak, hoof and claw - that carry messages to me. These allies speak of this warband marching back west towards the Upper Vales - among them is a captive, the Lady Ruithel. Grimbeorn's words of the Viglundings and their penchant for allying with the Orcs of Mount Gundabad and taking of slaves...I fear the worst for the Elf-maiden. Normally, I would send forth a contingent of Elves to bring her back and end this orc incursion, but if there is an alliance of Orc and Men, I will not start a war. These are your people, Grimbeorn, and so I say that they are yours to deal with."

The King breathed in, as if ready to pass judgement, "Your time here has been healing and restful. It is time that you soon make your way. I do not hold you indebted to this throne for what has been given you. Nor do I hold you responsible to this errand that is requested. Should you decide not to aid me, you will leave here in peace. But if you should aid my realm, long will you be held in high regard to me and my folk. The doors of the Woodland Realm shall be open to you and I, when possible, will be available to your audience."

Esgalwen thought quietly a moment and then made to answer, but was silenced by the raised hand of the king. "No. No answers will be given now. You must make counsel among yourselves and I believe that Gandalf is still wanting to speak with you. I will leave you to that, but will see you all once more with the new day - for your answer and to bid you a fond farewell, for now."

With that, the king swept around in a graceful turn and he and his entourage left the chamber. Only Gandalf and the company now stood in the grand, subterranean hall. The old wizard waited a moment or two and then said, "We will talk. But our words are for the open air. Meet me in the clearing outside the gates."

:ooc: Matt, understand that Grimbeorn might not have spoken of the Viglundings allying with Mount Gundabad - only the fact that they have spirited away folks of other settlements. This might be a mistaken reveal from the king, or a fact that he knew and is dropping in there by choice.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: I don't believe it comes as unexpected given the undercurrent of prejudice between our folk.  Yet I'm sure proof of such an alliance would go towards rallying his people to the cause of opposing the Viglundings and maybe even discrediting their leader to his people.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16