• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 12:56 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posterboy

So, here's what I have so far for Idunn's backstory. I'm presently trying to decide whether or not I will be trading her Hound of Mirkwood in for River-Blooded, as her heritage to the River-Maidens was a big part of her story.

Anyway, here's what I got so far. I'm waiting on some feedback from Paul and Doug and then I hope to post tonight yet.

IDUNN'S TALE OF YEARS

June 5, 2929 – Idunn is born in the settlement of Black Tarn, a kinswoman to Amaleoda.

June 2945-June 2947 – Idunn, having come of age, is approached by Radagast the Brown. He is aware of her heritage and wishes for her to be his apprentice and learn from him the arts of leech-craft for the preservation of her people. Idunn agrees and settles for a time in Rhosgobel.

July 4-18, 2947 – Idunn attends the Folk-Moot with her people. Here is the first time she sees the members of the Fellowship.

August 2947-March 2949 – Idunn is given leave by Radagast to return home with her kinsmen to raise the hall at Black Tarn and build up it's walls. She becomes friends with Arbogast and introduces him to her kinswoman and long time friend, Lindwine.

April-June 2949 – While the Fellowship with Radagast travels south to the Tower of Sorcery, Idunn, at Radagast's request, travels north along the Dusky River to Woodmen-Town and Woodland Hall, to bring word to Fridwald and Ingomer of news from the south and to encourage them to watch their borders with vigilance. While staying in Woodland Hall, she joins them in repelling a spider incursion and clearing out a nest. Other companions include: Delling, a noble swordsman from Dale and friend of Grimbeorn; Madoc, a secretive Dunlending and emissary of the White Wizard; and Ginar, a Dwarf trader working with Bofri to explore and reopen the Old Dwarf Road.

July 2949–June 2950 – Idunn returns to Rhosbogel, bringing word to Radagast about the goings-on to the north. She stays in Rhosgobel to continue her apprenticeship, but the Brown Wizards is out and about more than he is home.

July 2950-March 2951 – Idunn returns to Black Tarn Hall. She spends most of her time fishing the lake, tending her herb garden, and caring for the sick.

April-May 2951 – The Black Tarn is awakened to the sounds of battle. Idunn joins her folk in repelling the attack. She spends next couple months tending to the wounded.

June 2951 -- ???

July-August 2951 – Idunn is once again awakened to the sounds of battle once more. Black Tarn Hall was better prepared to repel the Orc raid, but the loss of life of her kinsmen was hard on the morale of the living. Once again, Idunn spent much of the summer tending the sick and wounded.

Eclecticon

Sounds good.  I'm happy to retcon her in a having introduced Arbogast and Lindwine.  It explains how she's willing to spend time with a weirdo who spends his time gallivanting about with dwarves and hobbits instead of taking care of his folk.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Whoooa. We dont galevant!
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Really great write-up, Ayrn! I look forward to her in the story.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

Some thoughts about Idunn's June 2951 time:

1) Maybe she did some searching around with Radagast or Amaleoda to the south to try and discover more about the blood moon orcs/men?
2) Maybe she adventured some more to the north and east with her friends Delling, Madoc, and Ginar to try and hunt down the "bloody ghost" but lost the trail.
3) Maybe she just stayed at home and tended the wounded.

Thoughts?

Eclecticon

There would've been a lot of wounded-tending and general rebuilding to do in the wake of the blood moon raids, so I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that it took up a lot of her time.  That said, she may have needed to venture out into the forest (or further) to find rare ingredients to fix various afflictions. 

I certainly wouldn't mind knowing more about the blood moons, though.  Also, she may have noticed things about the emissaries from Tyrant's Hill (assuming there's anything interesting to notice). 

Character sheet

tomcat

I like #2

Also, Tom - you keep mentioning Ingomer in Rhosgobel...he is the elder of Woodland Hall. For the posts, we can go ahead and say that he was visiting Rhosgobel and not mess up what you wrote.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

I will elaborate on the Blood Moon raid and Tyrant's Hill emissaries in my next post. I just want to give you guys an opportunity to help evolve the story in some areas.

Eclecticon

Character sheet

Telcontar

Yuuup, for some reason I have it in my head that he and Radagast live in the same place.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

Been having some trouble connecting with the site. Can't post right now. Will try again tonight. sorry guys.

Posterboy

Like I said in my email a while back, Doug, I'm leaving Monday for a couple weeks, likely without internet access. So NPC as needed.

I hope to post Saturday and Sunday night if time permits.

I also hope I haven't taken too many liberties so far. Feel free to edit if needed.

Peace,
Ayrn

Eclecticon

I have a little outro to the scene with Arbogast and Lindwine, but it takes place much later, and I think it makes sense to let the rest of the Fellowship's business play out before I post it. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Jun 14, 2016, 07:08 PM #358 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2016, 07:13 PM by Eclecticon
Quote from: tomcat on Jun 14, 2016, 09:16 AM:ooc: <snip>
For me it goes two ways:

1) Arbogast is enraged by the loss and wishes to take vengeance on all things related to the Shadow (orcs, evil men, shadow creatures, etc.), but it is not an unhealthy rage. Granted he might be more bitter and moody, but the anger is turned on those who are culprits.

2) Arbogast is enraged by the loss of the child and sinks within himself to a dark place (corruption) and turns this anger and potential violence on anyone that might stir him up, whether they be friend or foe. This engenders the Madness rules.

In the second circumstance, I see a corruption test needed.

That's interesting - I would make the corruption test and use the result to guide my roleplaying.  Diff'rent strokes, I guess. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Well I always say the dice have a story to tell.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear