• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 01:28 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Indeed.  Though it occasionally needs some editing before it's very emotionally satisfying. 

Thinking some more about Doug's comments, I see this not so much about anger and a desire for revenge as grief and a strong urge to say 'ah fuck it.'  To accept, even for a short while, that the Shadow's victory is inevitable and that the Free People's struggle only prolongs their misery. 

That's the sort of reaction that makes more sense in context, in my view.  The fighting's done - what's left is to pick up the pieces and deal with the damage. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

While I'm pondering rules, what's the view of the group regarding the use of Riddle as an introduction?  It's obviously there for when you want to do a Bilbo-to-Smaug conversation and have the other party not know exactly who you are, but would it also cover a Woodman introducing themselves with their nom de guerre rather than their proper name?  I go back and forth in my head over whether the latter should use Courtesy or not, and it's likely that naked self-interest is now clouding my judgement. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

That seems appropriate to me. Or it could be more mundane and be an introduction that's more elobrate over being appropriate. Like Bilbo's self introduction to Smaug.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Posterboy

Quick post from my wife's phone. Just want to say how much I enjoyed your last post, Paul. That was a real treat to read.

Eclecticon

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 17, 2016, 09:51 AMGame update tonight.
[Vader]I find your lack of updates disturbing.[/Vader]

Character sheet

Eclecticon

...And, like magic, my concerns are resolved.  I didn't have anything further for Arbogast to do, and am happy to see the story keep bumping along. 

Character sheet

disench4nted

Hey! Sorry guys, I forgot to post up that I was going out of town. I'm back now, so I'll get caught up here in the next day or so.

Eclecticon

While we're on the subject, I'm going on holiday with my family from Sunday until Thursday.  I'll check in when I can, but don't expect any substantial posts from me.

Character sheet

tomcat

I will update the game again tonight. I know I didn't leave much to work there, but I was at the office.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

It is my birthday today, so it has been a busy couple days prior and thus no post. I will get it up tonight or tomorrow.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Happy birthday!

Character sheet

tomcat

Erebor and my One Ring dice are ordered...now the wait begins.

tomcat

The map of Erebor is awesome!

Eclecticon

Holy crap - Erebor is out?  And I'm stuck away from home and my computer!

Character sheet