• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 02:59 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The last dash...

Started by tomcat, Jan 17, 2012, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Feb 09, 2012, 09:04 PM #60 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012, 07:50 PM by sdrotar
Fett's plan was audacious; but the problem seemed to be that he, Logar and this new fellow were the only actual soldiers attacking.
It seemed a bit bold to call them out.

That said, they had made enough of a ruckus outside already that their presence was no secret.
He had no desire to tempt fate against this "dark Jedi" for a third time... even though that's what they were here for.

He shrugged his shoulders at Kaida, then turned to Sam. "You may be able to survive in pieces, buddy, but not me. Stay sharp."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Feb 13, 2012, 07:15 PM #61 Last Edit: Feb 13, 2012, 08:54 PM by tomcat
Quote from:  you guys:ooc:

1) What's the plan?

2) Are the E-webs able to maneuver/reposition easily or are they in a fixed firing position?

3) Can the speeders maneuver over water? Can I make a UtF check to see if the dark Jedi is even on the planet?

:ooc: 1) Do you guys want a OOC discussion thread to tlk about your approach? Is Fett's idea something you guys want to do?

2) The E-webs can rotate in a 360* arc around their tripods (the power source feeds straight up through the tripod to the base of the gun). They could be moved, but it would have to be a break and set. They can be aimed up to allow a firing angle up two tiers. They can be aimed down to allow firing to tier 1.

3) The speeders can easily fly over water. Yes, you can make a UtF check DC 15 to determine if there are any Force-users around out to a range of 100 km.

The attached map shows what BIT sees. The outlines show the lake and all firm terrain. A number indicates a tier level from the ground which is 1. A tier level is 6 feet and can be used for cover. Climbing a tier will need a Climb roll DC 10 + 2 for each tier level being climbed, or it can be easily handled with a jetpack or Jedi Surge ability. The two level 5 tiers have access to them by either the step tiers on the first, or a graded slope up on the second. Any questions, ask. I will wait until tomorrow to see what you guys give me on this post, but due to my tardiness I don't want to make you wait much longer.

Since Kaida has taken up a De Facto leader role, if you all just want to defer to her orders, let Jingo know on this post.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: BIT is waiting for the go-ahead.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Jingo

:ooc: Since I'm not hearing anything from anyone else... here goes. Feel free to outvote me if you guys want a diff action.  ;)

Kaida knew that she was taking too long making her decision. They had to move now. Act now. She nodded to Fett. "Make the call." Then she told BIT. "Stand by..."

As soon as Fett finished making the call, she gave the signal for BIT to shoot. "Fire."

Then they attacked.

:ooc:
If she can user her tactics skill to aid us again, she will. Here's the roll:
Tactics: 1d20+10 : 13 + 10, total 23
. She'll use born leader first off to give bonus to all in LOS then will help pilot a bike to get to an advantageous spot where she's not at a negative to shoot but has cover. She'll then let whoever is riding beind her (Logar maybe?) fly the bike and use the big guns since he prob has better gunner skills. She'll use stealth as much as possible. I'm telling you all this because I'll be on vacation until Feb 22 or 23nd. I may have limited access but prob won't be checking posts much. Feel free to play my char.

GandalfOfBorg

BIT times the shot right, between the heartbeats, and nails the rearmost Gran.

:ooc:
Ranged Sniper blaster rifle +12 (4d10+4) with Deadeye, Careful Shot, and Point Blank Shot
Attack - Roll(1d20)+12: 17,+12 Total:29
Damage - Roll(4d10)+4: 7,10,2,4,+4 Total:27
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Fett nodded at the noblewoman who had once been his mark. "On my way," was all he said before he strode away back towards the tower. Once inside, he climbed the central ladder to the second story and looked at the large comm system. It was an old system, corroded from the moisture of the jungle, but still it was lit with life. The bounty hunter looked at the current frequency and saw it was on a close range band - probably for the Dug commander to have communicated with his troops. His helmet broad band antenna scanned the airwaves to locate the strongest channel that was broadcasting, it would have to be Pugwis' compound.

With the frequency located, Fett dialed it in on the old communication panel and picked up the hand held microphone. How quaint, he thought.  He hit the comm button, "This is the insertion team that is currently making a raid on your Death Stick production facility. Don't worry about the watchtower, your soldiers there have been dispatched. Tell Pugwis that we will be there soon to blow his facility off the face of this planet. Tell that wretch of a Dug that he may want to let his friends know, too. Let them know that there are a few here among us that made trouble on Jovan Station... and tell them that Fett is here, too!"

Boba Fett yanked the microphone from the comm panel and then raised his blaster. He blew a hole into the panel destroying it. He walked fom the chamber and made his way back to the others.

On the Aegis, Kara and Aradana heard the ship's communictor crackle to life and Fett's voice fill the cockpit. The mech had had the ship's  comms tracking and snooping for any broadcasts. When Fett finished talking, they both looked at each other wondering what that was all about and what might be coming down on them all.

It took another five minutes from the time Fett stopped talking and left the tower for his message to be received, translated, and brought to the palace throne room. Pugwis was in the midst of his morning food and beverage, along with meeting an embassy from another Dug city. The King allowed the interruption and quickly left his throne room to take up private conference with his steward.

The issue of the attack was quickly verified and Pugwis cringed at the thought that someone was daring to invade his home. The name of Fett rang notoriously through the hall. He would not allow himself, or his business, to be harmed. He issued orders for more troops to be sent to the Gap... and then he made a private communication.

BIT had the pleasure of seeing his target knocked off his feet by the attack. He wasn't sure if it was a killing blow, but the Gran would be out of commission.

:ooc: More to come in a bit... going on Xbox for now.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: I will update more story and prep for combat rounds in the morning.

sdrotar

"That's it, then," Caden whispered. He gripped his blaster a bit tighter and prepared to move.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

:ooc: UtF
Rolled 1d20+10 : 18 + 10, total 28
to detect dark jedi
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18