• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 02:33 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The last dash...

Started by tomcat, Jan 17, 2012, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: FYI Farok has a backpack from the first encounter he has been throwing weapons and power packs into.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Posterboy

:ooc:There we go... so if there are any carbines or power packs leftover, Brim or Farok will shove them into Farok's backpack prior to hitting the door? Is that okay?

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Goes to retrieve a speeder bike for Kaida and helps to load the gun

tomcat

Jan 29, 2012, 02:16 PM #33 Last Edit: Jan 29, 2012, 02:23 PM by tomcat
:ooc: First of all sorry for the delay. I have been dealing with some stuff at work that has had me major distracted. Now, on to the game...

The lightsabers cut easily into the wood and the framing that had been installed in the earthen rampart. The basic hinges were no match and both doors fell in to reveal the valley beyond. The two jedi could see that the valley floor graded down and entered the series of natural trenches formed countless years past by whatever river had forged them.

The bright glow of BIT's jetpack was visible, too, as he weaved for cover and firing position.

Behind them, Logar answered Kaida's call and helped her draw up one of the speeder bikes so that the broken E-Web cannon could be loaded upon it. The noblewomand and soldier knew they would need a length of synthrope and time to get the job done.

Having drawn the fire, Fett was now in motion too, dashing for the door in the rampart. He left behind Caden who had just settled on a weapon and power packs. The Bestinian looked around him and saw Sam. The droid was messing with something on its torso. Caden could see blaster scoring on the new plate armor and he wondered about Sam's condition.

:ooc: Fett MOVES x2.

Kaida and Logar will need the equivalent of 5 combat rounds to lift and secure the broken blaster.

BIT can see where the blaster fire came from, Matt. You tell me what he is looking for in firing positions - there are no trees (save the one the sniper blind is in) and the ground is riddled with ruts and trenches. If he crests the valley wall, which are steep, the jungle canopy above will hinder his view back down in.

The rest, tell me what you want to do.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: so much for high ground... he'll dive for a deep trench with the best angle on the blind and set up shop.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

:ooc: I've noticed that Sam's been taking a beating, too. Can Caden use his Mechanics skill to attempt some repair - one that might get him some HP back? How long would that take?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

:ooc: Kaida will continue loading the speeder with the gun unless directly threatened. In which case she'll stop, find cover and return fire. If possible, she'll use her Inspire Haste talent on Logar to speed up the job--though I'm not sure it can be used in such a manner. I'll leave that up to you Mr. GM.  :)

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug did they have anything other than the two speeders? Fighting up this valley is taking forever.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 30, 2012, 05:09 PM:ooc: Doug did they have anything other than the two speeders? Fighting up this valley is taking forever.

:ooc: No, that is all they had and now you guys have them.

Shawn, a Mechanics check DC 20 is needed to repair Sam and it takes an hour, although I would reduce the time based on Degree of Success. It also requires a tool kit.

Kaida's Inspire Haste will not have an effect on the amount of time it takes to secure the blaster cannon.

BIT swoops down and then flares up to come to rest on his feet. The merc swiftly hits the ground and commences to set up his equipment. The sniper blind is plainly visible in front of him - another circular platform that wrapped around the lone tree at the end of the valley. Shadowy shapes could be seen squatting upon it.

Sam looked down at his manipulator and saw fluid coating it. "My blood," he thought momentarily, but then his heuristic processor corrected itself and diagnosed the wetness to be hydraulic fluid. The droid's internal diagnostic package began to evaluate the pressure loss and the amount of time he had to make repairs. The leak was slight, but could still be dangerous. Sam realized he had no desire to be left here unable to move. Again he reevaluated his thoughts... blood? desire? The time he was spending with biologicals was having a significant affect on his reasoning. But wasn't that what he had been trying to do, emulate his makers? He talked, walked and dressed like them, why shouldn't he think like them?

He tapped the fingers of his manipulator together then suddenly realized Caden stood near. The man had a questioning look, one that signified his desire to help. Sam spoke in his synthesized voice, "It is okay Caden... I will be fine."

The droid then went back into action. Standing atop the mound at his height, he had an easy shot to the blind from whence the new attack came. He hoisted his rifle and sighted through the scope.

Fett, having made it through the rampart doors, slid down the graded landscape into the weaving channels. He quickly climbed an embankment to gain a good firing position and opened up with his blaster.

Sam fires on Gran sniper 1
SWIFT - Aim
SWIFT - Aim
STANDARD - fires on Gran snipers
:00: DC 16 Ranged slug thrower rifle +10 (2d8+4) with Point blank shot
Rolled 1d20+10 : 17 + 10, total 27

damage if successful 2d8+4 : 2, 5 + 4, total 11

Fett fires on blind
MOVE - 4 squares
STANDARD - fires on Gran snipers
:00: DC 16/10 Ranged blaster carbine +7 (4d8+6) with autofire and Point blank shot and Rapid shot
Rolled 1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25

damage if successful 4d8+6 : 5, 5, 3, 1 + 6, total 20

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Sam and Fett both hit.

Sam hits Gran 1 for 11 damage, current 11/32

Fett hits Gran 1 for 20 damage, current 31/32 CT -1

Fett hits Gran 2 for 20 damage, current 20/32 CT 01

Posterboy

Brim moved through the doorway following, as closely as he could to Fett. "Come on, Farok! I'd rather not get caught alone in this valley... especially if there's more Nexu around..."

:ooc:Moving up the valley, trying as best to stay sort of close to Fett... will run, if that is what is required to keep up. Though if Farok doesn't follow, Brim will go back and stick with Farok.

In order news, work is kicking me down this week... I may not get another post in until the weekend, or soon there after... NPC as required.

Telcontar

Farok moved through the broken door way and sought any cover he could find in the terrain. Looking for a fold in the ground that would provide both cover and allow him to move further down the valley.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Brim and Farok use the natural cover of the valley to close some distance on the blind. The sound of Sam and Fett's shots echo around them, but no return fire comes. They easily made it to where the bounty hunter kneeled atop one of the embankments.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Are we in rounds against the sniper blind or we just taking actions as we go?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: This is just take your shots as you go. I did not expect the sniper blind to last so long. I was kind of expecting those that could shoot, to shoot. If I need to break this thing up into rounds, I will - but I am going to go with my original assumption that I don't need to until you guys turn the corner.

I held off on Fett's and Sam's attack to give everyone a chance to engage, but it is kind of drifting here.