• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 11:19 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The last dash...

Started by tomcat, Jan 17, 2012, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

Getting the info he wanted, he said "I'll contact you with any intel I discover.  I'm heading to higher ground."  With that he activated the sound sponge and lifted off with his jetpack, rifle in hand now, now mostly silent.  He keeps low to the tree line or the ground to avoid being spied, vigilant in for any targets or obstacles that might hinder completing the mission.

Stealth - Roll(1d20)+12: 7,+12 Total:19
Perception - Roll(1d20)+11: 19,+11 Total:30
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Farouk watched the new comer take off. "jawas have more organization than this lot. Your highness where to next?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Nice posts everyone! ;D

Fett laughed louder, the helmet giving it a mechanical element. He stood up, "Now that we have that all figured out, we ready to move on?"

BIT took to the air and easily overtook the rampart wall. Beyond the earthen embankment the valley was cleared out of tall trees save one that sat far off where it hitched right. The lone tree grew up from what appeared to be the start of a lake of water. The terrain below him was a variety of long natural trenches and embankments filled with whispy vapors and fog. BIT could see the three remaining Dugs still working their way down the maze of trenches. The merc became concerned as the air left him little in the way of cover.

Suddenly the crack of a sniper rifles echoed down the valley corridor coming from beyond the rampart wall.

Gran snipers attempt to fire on Fett and BIT (both considered flat-footed and unaware)
SWIFT - Perception test to see BIT/Fett
:00: DC 19/5 Perception +3
Rolled 1d20+3 : 12 + 3, total 15
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Gran's only see the party, but aim on Fett
STANDARD - fire on Fett
:00: DC 28 Ranged targeting blaster rifle +10 (3d6+3) with Point Blank Shot
Gran 1 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25

Gran 2 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25

G1 damage if successful 3d6+3 : 1, 5, 2 + 3, total 11

G2 damage if successful 3d6+3 : 2, 4, 3 + 3, total 12
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok heard the distinctive crack of the blaster fire.
"Our rampart friends have found their spine again. Brim, Logar lets get moving and see what's beyond this rampart."

Farok ignited his lightsaber once again and began to jog towards the wooden door in the rampart.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Inside the tower, Kaida sighed. "No body speaks its language? I hate to do this but..." she shook her head and then deftly clocked the Dug over the head with the butt of her rifle, knocking it out. "Sleep tight."

She stuffed him into a locker and turned the combo. It should keep him out of trouble until someone found him.

Kaida's head came up when she heard the crack of the sniper rifle. "Everyone move to the rampart and take down the shooter," she pulled on her helmet again. "Logar get me a bike then help me secure this gun."

ooc: she'll work on getting the gun loaded on the bike. Can the gun still be shot if disconnected from its base on the tower? Was it getting ammo/power from the tower itself?

GandalfOfBorg

BIT continued on looking for an easy ingress to the plant, figuring if they really needed his help, theyd call.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry, forgot to attach the map!

tomcat

Jan 21, 2012, 06:12 AM #23 Last Edit: Jan 21, 2012, 06:27 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey Matt, just so you know, there is a ways to go before you guys get to the production facility. The valley extends around this corner, there is a cave, a chasm, another cave, and another chasm.  :]

Still, it is the last leg.

Jingo, as for your post, Farok had used a stun baton on the Dug already, so I am going to just go with the idea of you securing him. I also have changed up some of your dialogue.

Shawn and Don, you guys can reply to Kaida as you please as to whether the gun is something to worry about.

Farok and Brim - I need damage rolls.

The two blaster shots hit near to where Fett sat, but the bounty hunter moved with preternatural speed rolling in a fashion - even with the jetpack - and scooping up his blaster rifle. The Mandalorian ended up on one knee, blaster aimed in the direction of the shots, poised and deadly.

Farok ran to the door, his two companions moving behind him. Once there, the former jedi found that again the wooden doors were little match for his lightsaber.

Kaida motioned to Caden to help her, the two still hovering over the unmoving Dug. Bending down they grabbed the creature and dragged him back into the tower and secured him within the locker. Once done, they returned outside to find their friends busy with getting through the door of the rampart. Kaida tapped Caden once more then signaled to Sam - the droid stood still upon the hillock, looking for the new sniper nest. "Let' get a bike and then help me secure this gun."

On the opposite side of the rampart, BIT flew low to avoid fire.

In the Aegis, Kara and Ardana returned down the length of the valley. She brought the ship over the clearing where they had landed before and then hovered the ship into a landing. "Well, that was kind of pointless," said Kara to the Twi'lek.

tomcat

Jan 21, 2012, 06:22 AM #24 Last Edit: Jan 21, 2012, 06:25 AM by tomcat
:ooc: I have attached a scene below so you guys can see what the jungle is like (in case you have never played this game). The cool thing is you will see the watchtower you guys just took out. Understand, I modified things a bit.  ;)

Jango arrives at Malastare

Jango lands on Malastare.

Telcontar

Rolled 2d8+4 : 3, 4 + 4, total 11
Lightsaber Damage

Insert curse words here when it comes up 5 points of damage.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Farok jogged toward the rampart door while making the eerie lightsaber swinging noise. It was such a simple concept but it definitely gave the idea that there was an unstoppable force and it was on the move. Perhaps the one-armed failed Jedi wasnt totally loony after all. Subtle, but effective.

Coming up to the door he swung his lightsaber down into the wood then stepped aside for Brim to follow up.

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: ok, amend to this
BIT heads off in a direction that would give me a vantage point to take out the snipers in the blind.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Posterboy

When Farok called after Brim to follow him, the Rodian hesitated for a moment. There had been a request to fix up the E-Web as well, and Brim knew a thing or two when it came to jury-rigging things. Still, getting through the door seemed the more pressing priority.

Slinging his carbine over his shoulder, Brim brought out his lightsaber and followed after the one-armed man.

damage to the door: 2d8+3 : 3, 7 + 3, total 13

:ooc:Not sure I said this already, but Brim will not be taking the makeshift pack with him... so... playas: if you want to stock up on power packs and carbines, get 'em while they're hot.

sdrotar

:ooc: Caden will take a carbine and some power packs; since he only has a pistol, maybe this would work better at range?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun