• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 29, 2024, 03:05 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Earthen Ramparts

Started by tomcat, Nov 30, 2011, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Is there any activity in the area where BIT is being kept?  How many guards, etc.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Matt, there are no guards where you are. From what you can see, the cells are subtarranean with a central ladder. The lighting is electric and there is a ventilation system, but it is all very shoddy in its workmanship. The only time you see someone else is when a Dug comes down from above, via the ladder, to bring food or water. The other cells around you are empty.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Seeing as his intuition tells him that something is gonna go down soon outside, he's gonna make a play for his own escape because he's pretty darn sure that no one is out there looking for him and this might be his only shot at getting off this rock.  BIT figures he has 2 options for attempting the break:
1) Surprise the guard as it hands him his food
2) Fake an illness to get the guard to go in the cell and surprise it there

With a cup left over from his last meal, BIT patiently hovers closer and closer to the tiny predator, biding his time to catch it.

:ooc: Let me know if you need me to "attack" it.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Farok chewed on the stub of a cigar occasionally spitting the brown juice on the ground, "haven't been able to do that in a long time, waste of moisture on Tatoonie."

Farok moved his head like he was looking around, but whether he was really interested in what he saw or not was any ones guess and spoke to no one. "Can't leave these guys behind and move on. Let's reduce the defenses of this valley as we go. Those good with blasters can cover the suicide squad that's charging that tower. So who's going to give me a ride in a speeder?"

Farok took a hit off of the flask at his hip and unhitched his lightsaber, wrapping the leather strap around his wrist so that he could drop the lightsaber and use his hand. "Get me close on a speeder, I'll jump off and beat the information out of them."

Farok looked at Brim, "Old Jedi saying, 'The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Their disorder is coming in the form of the one armed man.' I added the last part what do you think?"

Lightsaber dangling from his wrist he put the cigar back into his mouth and smiled around it, a strange twinkle in his eyes. "Your highness, I will see this done."

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

:ooc: Gm. I'll be four squares down from the "top" on the column just before the red line. I suspect the rest of the team will be some distance behind Brim and me.

Kaida peered at the tower and the surrounding terrain for a moment, using the optics in her helmet to scan for any threat. She had a nagging feeling... She shook her head and concentrated, looking for any sentries or security cameras. She heard Farok's comment over the comm and shook her head. Another Jedi added to their ranks was a tremendous boost to their capabilities, but this wasn't the first time she had second doubts about Brim's odd companion.

"Alright pipe down people. Tell me what you can see, and what options we have."

If they made it out of here unscathed she'd be very much surprised. Attempting to shake the feeling of impending doom, focused on the data coming in. She hoped with the intel they could formulate a plan.

:ooc:
Perception Check 1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20
(plus whatever her helmet optics give)

Some other questions:
1) Can you give a description (sorry if you've already done it in an earlier post) of the tower what we see now that we're closer. Maybe an exterior layout?
2) Also a description of the rampart and distance away from tower etc.
3) Farok, what "guys" are you talking about not leaving behind? Are you talking about the sniper blind? Did we actually see them? I wasn't clear on that.
4) How much time until daylight?
5) How far away is the location where we need to plant the explosives?

tomcat

Dec 13, 2011, 08:41 PM #65 Last Edit: Dec 13, 2011, 08:45 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Jingo on Dec 13, 2011, 07:30 PM:ooc: Some other questions:
1) Can you give a description (sorry if you've already done it in an earlier post) of the tower what we see now that we're closer. Maybe an exterior layout?
2) Also a description of the rampart and distance away from tower etc.
3) Farok, what "guys" are you talking about not leaving behind? Are you talking about the sniper blind? Did we actually see them? I wasn't clear on that.
4) How much time until daylight?
5) How far away is the location where we need to plant the explosives?

:ooc:
1) I will give you the description and a couple layout maps in my next post after this
2) That too will be described in narrative and picture
3) This is for Tom to answer
4) You guys have about an hour left of darkness
5) See on the map where it says Sebolto door? You guys need to go through that and then there will be two more maps to cover.  ;D

Matt, yes, I will need you to make an Unarmed attack roll (even though you have a cup to trap it in), the intent is not to harm it so not a melee. Anyway, the DC is 12.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Dec 13, 2011, 09:30 PM #66 Last Edit: Dec 13, 2011, 09:34 PM by tomcat
The team was now in close view of the tower and could see the shape of the valley, which explained the tower's placement. The valley did a slight hitch to the left and went north and the watchtower had a good vantage to trap any interlopers as they tried to pass.

The Dug tower was three stories. The base level had a large wooden door facing towards the west and there were a series of firing ports along its walls. A ladder also was visible leading up to the second and third levels. The second level was enclosed but had three open arches to access its interior and a wood balcony that encircled the outside of the level. The third floor of the tower was its roof and a small wooden fence enclosed it. Sitting within the circled fence was an E-Web repeating blaster sitting on a tripod. The huge gun was quite a threat to any exposed targets.

Just south of the tower was a very tall tree that grew beyond the heights of the valley walls. It was unlike the mangroves that grew large within the bogs that the team had slogged through. This tree had few branches on its long, tall trunk and it provided the perfect height for the sniper blind that was constructed upon it. The wooden framed blind wrapped around the trunk and had a rope ladder that allowed access.

Between the tower and the sniper blind, Kaida and Brim could spy one Gran mercenary upon the E-Web, two Gran snipers in the blind, and a Dug that flitted about on the second tier of the tower.

Just to the north of the tower, a long trench had been dug. Muck and mire now filled the pits, but a portion of ground was left to cut the trench in two and to allow easy access past it. Just beyond the trench was a three meter high rampart. It, too, had an access portal that was protected by large wooden doors. Hopping along the top of the rampart, at various positions were four Dugs.

Kaida tried to discern any major communication antennas, or power generators, but saw very little. It was a sturdy looking tower, but the resources it possessed had to be minimal. Still, there were lights shining within, and something was powering the E-Web. The noblewoman did not want to bet too much on what the comm capabilities might be.

Brim signaled to her that the rest of the team had caught up with them - the only missing person was Fett.

:ooc: I have attached a crude map of the tower and rampart. If you have questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise, I will wait to see what you guys want to do before I open a new series of combat threads.

I also attached an image from the Bounty Hunter game of what the tower looked like. It is fuzzy, but you can kind of get an idea of what the tower and the valley looks like.

It can be seen that the snipers and the E-Web gunner have on low-light headsets.

sdrotar

Caden shook his head. "This is a deathtrap," he thought.
The maze of trees, snipers and blaster cannons were all positioned to keep people from doing what they were trying to do... and their enemies almost certainly knew they were under attack already.

They had gotten lucky to make it this far, but he wasn't confident their luck would hold.
He didn't see how they could succeed, but abandoning the mission wasn't a good option, either - Antturus and his people appeared to have far-reaching power, and the Empire and its hired goons wouldn't ever stop hunting them.

"I guess this is it," he thought to himself. To Caden, it seemed that the only way out... was through.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

:ooc: I was talking about the tower.

Doug, I am making an assumption here, low light headsets are like night vision goggles and qualify as electronic right? Since its not natural vision I want to use my Force Cloak power to approach undetected. Use the small southern hill as cover, skirt the sniper blind, and cut through the wooden door with my lightsaber. Feasible?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: DC 12 Unarmed Combat - Roll(1d20)+1:  15,+5 BAB +1 STR -5 non-proficiency Total:16

Surprise in hand so to speak, its now or never.  "Guard, guard!  What's taking so long?  I'm hungry!"
Gwaithlim Weapons

Jingo

Dec 14, 2011, 05:36 PM #70 Last Edit: Dec 14, 2011, 05:48 PM by Jingo
Kaida quietly filled the others in on what she'd seen: E-web, sniper blind, enemy positions, terrain, rampart...

"Well, this is it," she crouched by the others and nodded. "We either sneak past it or get inside it. I'm all for moving past the tower if you think--" She broke off when she saw Farok moving in the direction of the tower and then suddenly disappear from sight.

What was he doing?!

"What the--?" she bit off an oath and tried to come up with something on the fly. "Alright," she breathed. "Look alive! Farok is approaching the tower. Pick your targets. The E-web and snipers are highest priority. If he's detected, take out the snipers, and hopefully that gun on the tower. Then the dugs on the rampart. Once the snipers are down, Caden and Sam, continue to keep the Dugs on the rampart busy, Logar and Brim and I will then move up and support Farok!"

She issued the commands with an air that expected obedience, and stealthily positioned herself behind cover. She exhaled slowly and tried to steady her nerves, bringing her scope to settle on the Gran on the roof.

:ooc: Sorry if I jumped the gun. I possibly misinterpreted your post as actual action Farok... when you may have intended it as a question for the GM. This assumes Farok actually does what he's thinking...

She starts aiming at the Gran on the Eweb. Just a crazy thought. How high can a speeder get off the ground GM? Anyway we can reach the top of the tower with it? If we like took it off a jump or something?  ;D What about over the Rampart?

tomcat

:ooc: Hey all, hanging with the wife. I will have this updated tonight or tomorrow.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: my laptop has taken a crap so it's just my iPhone for now. Hard for me to make rolls and takes a century to post lol. That said after Kaida gives orders Logar will try to make them a reality. I'll rush the sniper blind I guess.

tomcat

:ooc: Okay! Finally have time to sit here and get our game updated...post is being written now.

tomcat

BIT called out one more time and finally heard movement above. It was early morning and he knew that the Gran or Dug guards had to be sleeping, at least those that were not on watch. The slicer looked down at the metal, beat up drinking cup that contained the deadly arachnid. He had gingerly trapped it and before he had placed his food plate on top, he saw the thing draw itself up into a little ball in preparation to pounce. BIT didn't ever remember seeing so aggressive a small creature, but it was and when the plate was removed, he felt sorry for whomever would be seeing its contents.

A scuffling sound and BIT looked up to see a Gran climbing down the ladder. "What do you want?" It croaked in the common tongue of the galaxy, its throat not well adapted for the language. "We fed you just a few hours ago."

BIT looked at the scraps of bread and fatty meat that they had plated for him - obvious refuse from their own plates. This is how it had been for two weeks now. Something told him that that would all soon change.

:ooc: Tom, yes everything that you wrote is feasible and their goggles are electronic vision. If that is your choice, I will update with a new post with narrative and any tests you might need. Of course, you can go ahead and give me a Stealth roll for sure, if that is what you want.

To Jared, the speeders have a repulsor system on them that allows for lift but it is only powerful enough to get a maximum of two meters.