• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 07:03 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Nexus' attack - round 2

Started by tomcat, Oct 05, 2011, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 05, 2011, 05:31 PM Last Edit: Oct 06, 2011, 04:26 PM by tomcat
Situation: The team is set upon by three Nexu that have stealthily maneuvered in to attack

Situational Modifiers:

Weariness CT:
Caden -2 to all actions
Brim -1 to all actions

Nexu 1 has suffered 29/45 damage and is -1 on the CT

Physical Modifiers: -1 to all PC's movement/melee action rolls due to slick, muddy, or boggy ground

Initiative:

Fett (+11) 30
Nexu 2 (+12) 27
Nexu 1 (+12) 24
Nexu 3 (+12) 22
Kaida (+11) 29
Sam (+11) 14
Caden (+3) 13
Logar (+11) 13
Brim (+6) 9
Farok (+1) 3
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Fett attacks Nexu 1
:00: DC 16 Attack +11 with Point Blank shot
Rolled 1d20+11 : 18 + 11, total 29

damage if successful 3d8+6 : 3, 6, 8 + 6, total 23

:ooc: Will finish the Nexu attack in the AM.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 07, 2011, 04:28 AM #2 Last Edit: Oct 07, 2011, 11:13 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Sorry for the slow momentum going on the game guys. It's been a weird two weeks of crashed computer, an argument with my wife that had me distracted, and now a cold. The good thing is save for the cold, everything has resolved itself. Just need the crap to get out of my head and chest.

Anyway, I will have the game update post within the hour.

tomcat

With Fett's second salvo from his carbine, the large fur-covered creature attacking Brim, known as a Nexu, fell to the ground. Its skin was scorched in multiple places from the blaster fire. The sound of combat came from Brim's left and he turned to see if he could offer assistance to his friends.

Nexu 2 attacks Logar
Full round action - 2 claws and 1 bite
:00: DC 24 Attack +8
claw 1d20+8 : 11 + 8, total 19

claw 1d20+8 : 10 + 8, total 18

bite 1d20+8 : 14 + 8, total 22

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

bite damage if successful 1d6+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

Nexu 3 attacks Farok
Full round action - 2 claws and 1 bite
:00: DC 16 Attack +8
claw 1d20+8 : 5 + 8, total 13

claw 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27

bite 1d20+8 : 17 + 8, total 25

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

bite damage if successful 1d6+7 : 2 + 7, total 9

sdrotar

Caden recoiled for a second - the beasts were terrifyingly fast - but aimed his weapon at the closest one and fired.

:00: Attack Nexu 2 - Caden's skill (Ranged heavy blaster pistol +8 (3d8+4) with Point-blank shot), -2 Fatigue = +6
Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

sdrotar

:ooc: Oops. Forgot the damage - and I don't want that nasty "tampered" thing on my last post!  ;)

Damage if successful:
Rolled 3d8+4 : 2, 8, 5 + 4, total 19

:ooc: By the way, Tomcat, is Caden's Weapon Focus (pistols) Feat included in his stat block already? If not, I should have added +1 to his attack roll...

Telcontar

Farok crawled out from under the Nexus and sprung to his feet igniting his lightsaber. With a snap and a hiss the ice blue blade of the jedi appeared before him.

Lightsaber attack:
Rolled 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16

Dmg
Rolled 2d8+1 : 1, 7 + 1, total 9
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

watanabe

Somewhere nearby, Kara pulled out a cloth and began to clean the cockpit instruments carefully while sipping some cold caf she had brewed and chilled to keep her awake.

sdrotar

Quote from: watanabe on Oct 08, 2011, 11:05 AM
Somewhere nearby, Kara pulled out a cloth and began to clean the cockpit instruments carefully while sipping some cold caf she had brewed and chilled to keep her awake.

:ooc: Been there, done that. Then I had to mow down - and then make a deal with - band of pirates. Somehow, I suspect it won't stay nice and quiet.

Ever seen the TV show "Chuck"? It's never safe waiting in the car...  ;)

Callowmoryne

:ooc: If theirs any Nexu standing when it gets to my round doug i fire

Blaster rifle
Rolled 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24

Damage
Rolled 3d8+3 : 1, 1, 6 + 3, total 11

tomcat

Oct 09, 2011, 10:26 AM #10 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2011, 07:50 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Shawn, yes. Your Weapon Focus is included in your +7 stat block. The +7 is made up of your +4 BAB +2 DEX mod +1 Weapon Focus.

[EDIT] What I forgot to do is adjust the ranged combat by -5 for firing into melee, which only the Feat Precese Shot will negate, so adjusting the posts now.

Logar and Farok's attacks are not affected because they are the ones in the melee. But I will be checking weapon ranges, too, to see if firing within 1 square is at a negative.

tomcat

Oct 09, 2011, 10:41 AM #11 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2011, 07:54 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay... now:

Farok takes 28 damage from the Nexu's two attacks

Nexu 2 is missed by Caden (19 rolled -5 for firing into melee)
Nexu 3 takes 9 damage from Farok
Nexu 2 takes 11 damage from Logar

Still need Kaida and Sam to act. Going to perform Brim's actions even though they are out of order.

Brim took aim at the Nexu attacking Farok
Swift - Aim
Swift - Aim
Standard - fire on Nexu 3
:00: DC 16 ranged +10, firing into melee -5
Rolled 1d20+5 : 18 + 5, total 23

damage if successful 3d4+3 : 3, 4, 3 + 3, total 13

tomcat

Oct 09, 2011, 10:42 AM #12 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2011, 07:55 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Nexu 3 takes 13 damage from Brim

Telcontar

:ooc: I didnt think I could Block because I was flat footed and my light saber wasnt ignited at the time of the attack.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Sam shoulder his slugthrower and fires at the Nexu engaged with Logar (N2)

Sam's actions
Point blank shot at N2, Precise shot allows fire into melee
PB Shot, slugthrower +10:  1d20+10 : 19 + 10, total 29

Dmg if hit, 2d8+4:  2d8+4 : 8, 4 + 4, total 16