• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 06:29 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Nexus' attack - round 2

Started by tomcat, Oct 05, 2011, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watanabe

Quote from: sdrotar on Oct 08, 2011, 08:14 PM
Quote from: watanabe on Oct 08, 2011, 11:05 AM
Somewhere nearby, Kara pulled out a cloth and began to clean the cockpit instruments carefully while sipping some cold caf she had brewed and chilled to keep her awake.

:ooc: Been there, done that. Then I had to mow down - and then make a deal with - band of pirates. Somehow, I suspect it won't stay nice and quiet.

Ever seen the TV show "Chuck"? It's never safe waiting in the car...  ;)

:ooc: Yep, last time I was left with the ship something like that happened as well.  ;D

tomcat

:ooc: But last time, guys, I had a semi-logical reason why you were engaged at the ship... I will be honest, this time has left me wondering how to keep Kara engaged in the story. Maybe the Aegis will start sinking into the bog... that might be an interesting issue to deal with.

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 09, 2011, 07:10 PM
:ooc: I didnt think I could Block because I was flat footed and my light saber wasnt ignited at the time of the attack.

Hey Tom, you are right. Your PC is no longer flat-footed, that ended with the surprise round, but your weapon was not ignited which needs an action - not a reaction. So, you will take all three hits. I have updated your stat block.  :csu:

Sam does 19 damage to Nexu 2.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 10, 2011, 07:22 AM #17 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2011, 08:05 AM by tomcat
The report of Sam's rifle echoed louder in the jungle valley than the blasters that had already been fired, causing a large flock of creatures to take to wing above. The Nexu in front of Logar was struck in the skull and the beast reared back only to tumble sideways and return to its four feet. It snarled in anger.

Farok was the sole combatant engaged that had been wounded proving that the beasts, too, could be quite deadly.

:ooc: Going to roll for Kaida just to end this round.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Kaida had a clear line of fire on the Nexu attacking Farok. She would have reacted sooner, save for the surprise at seeing the large beast emerge from the jungle foliage. She brought up her blaster carbine and fired.

Kaida attack Nexu 3
Swift - Aim
Swift - Aim (removes penalties from cover)
:00: DC 16 ranged +7, firing into melee -5
Rolled 1d20+2 : 2 + 2, total 4

damage if successful 3d8+3 : 4, 5, 2 + 3, total 14