• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 10:26 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tatooine heat

Started by tomcat, Jun 16, 2011, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watanabe

Kara continued to snore.

Jingo

Kaida recognized the pass phrase and nodded with a relieved smile. "Well good. Do you want to see our cargo? Or meet some place else?"

:ooc: If he wants to see Danjapa she'll show him and then get further instructions.

Telcontar

Farok looked at Brim, the only member of the group that he knew to any degree. He raised an eyebrow, "smuggling?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Jul 28, 2011, 09:10 PM #108 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 08:01 AM by tomcat
Brim looked back at Farok, "No... not really."

The shadowed man dropped back his hood and the companions saw a twinkle of light come from his piercing blue-gray eyes. He moved towards them slowly, "Hello... my name is Ben, and I have been waiting for your arrival. Can we talk on your ship?"

Ben appeared to be in his early 40's with hair that was cut short, as was customary on this planet, although he did support a close-cut beard. Gray was starting to highlight his hair, but still he maintained a youthful vigor about himself. His hooded cloak was the typical Tatooine brown, heavy cloak that aided in keeping the suns from burning the skin. It was dusty and tattered along its base. With it now pulled back and open, they could see he wore loose fitting clothing and boots that came up to his knees. There were no weapons visible.

Jareen smiled, "Good choice!"

He lifted his glass in order to toast, but didn't wait for the return gesture from Caden, as he knew it wouldn't come. Still, the smile on the face never left.

"What do we know? Hmmm... not much. The Bando Gora have kept their operation hidden in regards to their cult. We know that they are a Force-worshipping organization and some members have strange powers. Their drug production is farmed out to worlds where they have had a chance to corrupt some individuals. The only person we know that ever dealt with the Gora and lived to tell about it was Jango Fett - but he died in the Clone Wars. It's been told that he tracked them down through their death stick operation and he had a part in the death of King Sebolto, a Dug on Malistare. Have you seen the Dugs? Horrid creatures... they are walking around on this planet, too. Anyway, Sebolto was a drug lord that had a wide-spread operation and he made a deal with Komari Vosa. His death sticks were laced with the cult's neurotoxin making the drugs more potent and much more addictive. The increase in revenues made both parties extremely happy.

"The Republic was concerned about the potency of the death sticks on the street and had started to invest a lot of assets into the investigation. They never got close... not even with the Jedi Council to help them. In fact, the only time the Jedi engaged the Gora was on the planet Baltizaar and they lost one of their own - Komari Vosa was captured. It is said she was brutally tortured and succumbed to their will. The Bando Gora were happy to escalate her to their leader due to her skill with the Force. But it is said the Fett found their hidden base and killed her. Leaderless, the cult has gone back into deep cover again, though their operations are still somewhat strong.

"The new Empire hasn't had the time to root them out. Darth Vader is busy trying to bend the rest of the galaxy to his will. I am not even sure right now if they even care. Some say that when Vosa died, so did the cult, but we know different. When Varta the Hutt began to move namana onto the streets of worlds that the Gora supply, they began to react.

"Anyway, back to Sebolto - when he died, his operation was maintained by the Gora and another Dug, named Pugwis. Where the trail goes from there, I can't tell you, but it is a place to start. Maybe you could talk to Fett's son, Boba. I am sure he might be able to help." Antturus held out a hand to Caden, "You made the right choice, Whitesun. You have our word that your lives will once more be your own. Just kill the Shadow."

:ooc: Everyone is welcome to roll a Knowledge (Galactic Lore) DC 20 to see if you recognize Ben's face.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, since "Ben" and I are the same age, etc... do i have any bonuses to the roll?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

sdrotar

Jul 28, 2011, 11:13 PM #110 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 08:02 AM by tomcat
Quote from: tomcat on Jul 28, 2011, 09:10 PM
Antturus held out a hand to Caden, "You made the right choice, Whitesun. You have our word that your lives will once more be your own. Just kill the Shadow."

Caden reached out his hand... then used it to grab his drink, shoot it down, and plunk the glass down on the table with a thud.
"One man. Don't ask me for anything else - ever."

He stood up and all but spat, "I changed my mind. You're buying."

Caden strode out of the bar, never looking back, wondering what he had become. Then he remembered what Brim had told him - he was becoming what he needed to be.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

"Certainly," Kaida nodded, and ushered Ben on board the ship. She took the man to the lounge where they could all sit and talk but directed Logar, who had the most weaponry, to stand watch outside.

:ooc:
Galactic Lore to Recognize Ben: 1d20+5 : 13 + 5, total 18

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Galactic Lore +4

Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18

Callowmoryne

Logar nodded to Kaida. His feet found a position just outside the Aegis's exit ramp. His eyes were everywhere.

Telcontar

Rolled 1d20+10 : 20 + 10, total 30
Galactic lore plus any other mods.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I don't think a mod was necessary, Tom! Nice roll!

For the other two rolls, there is a definite familiarity to the face although you do not know from where. Perhaps from the holonet, news, or some other source. Still, you trust this person.

Brim's roll
:00: DC 20 Galactic Lore +5
Rolled 1d20+5 : 16 + 5, total 21
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Naturally, Sam runs every new face he sees through his databanks...though sometimes they are incomplete.
Galactic Lore +5:  1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19

tomcat

Jul 29, 2011, 08:11 AM #117 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 08:24 AM by tomcat
Though he could not sense the Jedi as a Force-user, Farok recognized the uncloaked man that stood with them. Obi-wan Kenobi? Farok thought to himself. I thought you died with the rest of 'em.

Brim also was immediately aware of who the Jedi Master was. He stammered with his words, "Y...yes, please come in and make yourself comfortable."

They entered the lounge of the ship and Ben found himself a seat. Brim hurriedly retrieved a cool drink of water from the kitchen and then asked, "You are our contact?" The man nodded. From the opposite side of the table came an exasperated voice, "Can someone please tell me now what is going on? I mean, I appreciate being freed from that prison, but what are you all so interested in me for?"

Ben spoke, "There is plenty to tell you, Antar. Let us just say that you have information that we need and hopefully you will be willing to give. Understand, if you wish no part in any of what I am to say, you may make your own way. Understood?" Obi-wan looked to the others that stood in the chamber and asked again, "Understood?"

Danjapa and Brim nodded, one more aggressively than the other - the engineer still apprehensive as to why he had such benefactors. Sam and Kaida both turned to look at Farok - did they want things revealed to a stranger?

Antturus watched as Caden strode from the bar, his fingers now steepled in front of the wide smile that had yet to fade. He leaned back casually with the satisfaction that he had achieved what he set out to do. Another figure moved to stand next to him once the Bestinian had left the building. Jareen looked up at him, his face once more business. "He accepted. I want you to start putting in place the necessary components to clear them. We will stand by our bargain, as long as they are successful... if not, well they will no longer be a worry," he said non-chalantly. "But hopefully they will be. To splinter the Bando Gora once more will be quite the reward, especially for free!" Well, he knew it would not be for free, but cheaper in time, assets, and people then he wanted to invest. He then had another thought, "Find me Fett. I have heard he resides on this planet, but through the guilds we know that he has one amongst them as a mark. Anyway, if he is here, or not, I want to talk to him."

Outside the cantina, Caden began the walk back to his ship in the growing darkness of Mos Entha. His mind was spinning with the revelations that he had just learned, and those that he had accepted... on all of their behalves.

sdrotar

Caden returned to the Aegis, and seeing no one outside, he figured they had retreated for the night - probably some to Kaida's hotel, and perhaps some to their bunks onboard. He wondered if they had found anything on the ship - Antturrus had been there too long, and he seemed like the type to have an insurance policy or two in place. He also wondered how he'd explain their new "mission". At least he knew that Logar would be up for it...

He opened the landing ramp and stepped inside, only to see everyone gathered in the lounge, along with two new people - and bearded man, and a one-armed one.
"Not again," he thought. Even more people on his ship? "That's it - I'm going to take away their keys."

He stared at the group for a moment, exasperated, before finally speaking.
"Who the hell are these guys?"
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

Kaida nodded to Caden. "Glad you could return captain. Maybe next time you could turn on your comm. This is Farok, a friend of Brim's other than that I don't know him. The other is... our contact." She glanced meaningfully at Farok so Caden could see. Could this Farok be trusted?