• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 08:49 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tatooine heat

Started by tomcat, Jun 16, 2011, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jul 13, 2011, 05:26 PM #60 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2011, 12:50 PM by tomcat
Brim was watching Farok exhibit the same vices as Kara, and he was sure that whatever their future held, it would be hampered by addictions. He understood the need to bury memories and pasts, but if they were going to survive they all needed to keep their wits. Then, Farok placed his hand over the drink glass. The Twi'lek smiled. Was there something there? Brim wondered.

"All right, Farok, we shall heed your advice, but we do have lodgings. Perhaps we can get to the Acer hub once Kara has recovered herself somewhat." Brim then tapped his comlink that he had acquired from the Tantau prison, "Caden. It is Brim. Are you there?"

Caden and Sam were rather busy.

The stranger looked at the Bestinian and cracked a smile of his own, though it never made it to his eyes. "It is a gorgeous ship. I have not seen a Loronar in quite some time. I am looking for the ship's captain... a man named Caden Whitesun. Is that you?" Without allowing a response, the man continued, "My name is Jareen Antturus and I need to talk with him."

Taxian gave it only a moments thought, "Sold." He then proceeded to lift up the foam lining within the crate to reveal another level of grenade weapons. Walking to a box, he pulled from it two worn, but still quality bandoliers. "Here you go. The first three rows are all fragmentation grenades. All are within a year of production date, and all of the fuses are good. It has been good doing business with you. As for your other offer, I am interested, but all of my dealings are discreet so you will only find me through certain channels."

Logar began to load the bandoliers with nineteen fragmentation grenades while Gorman extracted 4000 credits from his credstick. It was then that Kaida's voice came over his comlink. Hearing her urgency, Logar finished his business and then asked Taxian to please show him the way back out. The soldier exited the brothel, back into the sweltering heat - although the suns were starting to set - only to see Kaida was no longer in her place. He looked down the street and saw the noblewoman idling around a merchant's table, but looking around her as well.

Kaida saw no sign of the stranger in the robe - nor did she see anything she would ever want on the table before her.

:ooc: Some of you have things going on at the moment with your PC, others need to tell me where they want to head next.

-4000 credits from Logar  :csu:
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

Kara went black, her head hit the table and she bounced back up as if awakened again by the blow.  She looked across the table.

"Did you say lodging?  You wouldn't happen to have cooling units and a real floor, not those sand or dirt floors that most of the pits around here have."

Telcontar

Farok placed the cork back into the bottle on the table and again blew some smoke rings that drifted over the table. The Twi'lek appeared, again with another pitcher, as she poured it into the magic glass a low water vapor began to rise from it. "Its cold water and stim, the cold shocks the system a little bit and the water and stim add a little bit of life back. The hardcore gamblers throw them back all day." He placed the drink in front of Kara and tossed some pocket tokens on the table, "that's for the magic glass, Galcier, I'm stepping out for a bit."

"Drink up lady luck, this one's for fast ships and clear lanes."

With cigar clenched in his teeth, "My cooling unit is primitive, I'm a desert creature. I can assist you in getting back to your ship or the Acer. If you have rooms there I would recommend that that's where you go. Security is better the closer you get there and its temperature controlled. But I wont reneg on my offer of someplace closer if that's your desire."

As Farok stood Brim noticed that the only openly carried weapon he had was a small retractable baton. He wore no firearms and if Brim had not seen the lightsaber he would have assumed him to be unarmed.

"We can talk along the way and you can tell me of your training."

"Whats your desire Corellian Captain? The ship or wrapped around a cooling unit?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 13, 2011, 05:26 PM

Caden and Sam were rather busy.

The stranger looked at the Bestinian and cracked a smile of his own, though it never made it to his eyes. "It is a gorgeous ship. I have not seen a Loronar in quite some time. I am looking for the ship's captain... a man named Caden Whitesun. Is that you?" Without allowing a response, the man continued, "My name is Jareen Antturus and I need to talk with him."

Caden's smile stayed wide and his eyes bright, a conscious effort to be sure, as he wasn't nearly famous enough to be known here by anybody... this was either their contact, or they'd been trailed. Nothing in between.

"You've found him," he said as gleefully as possible. "I see my reputation in shipping precedes me, huh? Got any cargo you need moved?"

His hand stayed low, near his blaster. He knew Sam would be ready with his weapon, too - Sam was always ready.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Sam walked into the docking bay with Caden and let several processes stream to determine where he would attach the shiny new plates. He had scanned and logged their dimensions and was torn between fixing the most serious damage or getting the best cosmetic enhancement. Another process or two ran an analysis on the equipment he had worked on before and the likely similarities to these evaporators. The more he was drawn back into battle and the shades of his previous incarnation, the more he enjoyed time just working with his manipulators. Then he heard the voice.

Damn! Sam was surprised and unprepared. That was very disconcerting for a droid. Normally, Sam was always ready.

His sensors and dormant combat programming spun quickly to full power. It was a...new sensation, jumping to action like this. Externally nothing was noticeable, but Sam had to force himself to manually shut down some dedicated streams that almost willed him to reach for his blaster. With his systems returning to normal, Sam discretely scanned their surroundings to make sure there were no more surprises.

watanabe

:ooc: Perception check to notice the lightsaber even though I'm drunker than Sean Bean.

+10

Rolled 1d20+10 : 9 + 10, total 19

Telcontar

:ooc: Farok showed Brim the lightsaber earlier.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Yea, but Kara was in the other room at the sabaac tables. Nick, the roll was a success.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jul 14, 2011, 08:09 PM #68 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2011, 08:19 PM by tomcat
Antturus gave Caden a look, "It is good to meet you Caden. Do not worry, I am unarmed, so unless you mean to kill me, you may relax." Looking past the Bestinian, Jareen continued, "And you can tell your guardian droid that I mean you no harm. I just want to talk. Is there a place we may speak that is more private? It concerns a couple senators that were killed on a planet not too far away."

There was an air of confidence about the stranger that was unsettling, that and the fact that his eyes did not hold any sense of humanity. It was more like they studied Caden, almost dissecting him. His suit was well-tailored and the heat had not dissuaded Antturus from wearing it. His hair was neatly cut, hands looked manicured, and the shoes he wore were ones that Caden would never have chosen to wear in this dusty environment. Jareen's face was thin and long, like his body frame and it could be called handsome if it weren't for the mask of disdain that creeped out from the sides of his smile.

Sam's sensor scan was unable to detect any other potential threats nearby. The only other biological he could detect was Danjapa who still sat waiting aboard the Aegis.

Jingo

"I lost him," Kaida replied, nodding to Logar as he approached. "He was tall and cloaked, so be on the lookout. But don't look like you're on the lookout." Noticing Logar's bulging backpack, she said. "C'mon, lets go get Danjapa and you can stow this extra gear in the Aegis. Then we can get out of this heat."

:ooc: Kaida will proceed to pick up Danjapa and bring him with us to the Acer hub. Logar can drop his gear off in the ship. Prob not good to take it all with us into a nice hotel. She'll keep eyes out for any shadows and will keep in contact with the team regarding what she's seen.

Callowmoryne

Logar nodded to Kaida. His eyes were scanning the street for the figure she mentioned. He agreed with her about ditching some of his gear, but he wouldnt be leaving the aegis unarmed. He would fetch his duffle bag and stow his rifle and a bandolier of grenades within. A med kit too. Kaida may be concerned with drawing to much attention. Logar was concerned with living and keeping her alive. The Aegis crew had to fight there way out of their last two stops that he knew of, and prob more than that. He needed to be ready to take down any frelling thing that got in their way. "We should move. Ill need to pick up my bags from the aegis if were to be staying at the hub."

:ooc: So apon leaving the aegis i will be carrying my baggage to the acer hub. Heavy pistol on one side and my vibro blade on the other.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 14, 2011, 08:09 PM
Antturus gave Caden a look, "It is good to meet you Caden. Do not worry, I am unarmed, so unless you mean to kill me, you may relax." Looking past the Bestinian, Jareen continued, "And you can tell your guardian droid that I mean you no harm. I just want to talk. Is there a place we may speak that is more private? It concerns a couple senators that were killed on a planet not too far away."

There was an air of confidence about the stranger that was unsettling, that and the fact that his eyes did not hold any sense of humanity. It was more like they studied Caden, almost dissecting him. His suit was well-tailored and the heat had not dissuaded Antturus from wearing it. His hair was neatly cut, hands looked manicured, and the shoes he wore were ones that Caden would never have chosen to wear in this dusty environment. Jareen's face was thin and long, like his body frame and it could be called handsome if it weren't for the mask of disdain that creeped out from the sides of his smile.

Sam's sensor scan was unable to detect any other potential threats nearby. The only other biological he could detect was Danjapa who still sat waiting aboard the Aegis.

Caden kept up his pleasant facade, but there was no way he was letting this fellow on the Aegis; not with Danjapa still inside.
"Senators? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about." He said it loudly enough to alert Sam, and he wanted to read the man's face as his reply carried further in the dry, dusty air than he would have otherwise preferred.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

"I think you do, Caden. Two senators... one named Ranie, and the other Seelig. I also know there is a bounty on your head - along with all those that had made themselves public to the Bakuran government as individuals working for Ranie. I know that Varta the Hutt has an interest in making sure you all are space dust, so as not to bring any potential interference with the Namana trade that he has established." Antturus watched to see if there was any reaction on Caden's face. The Bestinian was good, as he showed none. The stranger continuted, "I also know that a Rodian named Puk was beheaded in a bar not long ago by a lightsaber-wielding shadow. I know this because the Shadow had worked for us, although he has been recently dismissed."

Antturus began to pace in a circle, his hands clenched behind his back as if he were a teacher in a classroom. "So, between the Namana now in production and beginning to fill the pipeline, and deathsticks out there, too, I can say that Caden Whitesun is kind of immersed in a world he doesn't wish to be. But maybe I am wrong... maybe you are just fine. Sorry to interfere with your day."

The tall, lean stranger began to walk away from Sam and Caden, not looking back. One of Tatooine's suns was beginning to drop in the sky and caused the walls of the docking bay to take on an orange-golden tone.

Logar and Kaida pushed their way through the streets of Mos Entha with little problem. Either the law really did have a grasp on keeping criminal activity in the shadows, or the people just did not want to mess with Logar's rifle. In any case, the docking port where the Aegis sat came into view. The duo could see a tall, lean, well-dressed man exiting the bay through one of its rounded tunnels.

:ooc: For Farok, Kara, and Brim - I am just waiting on what you guys wish to do. Kara was successful at seeing the lightsaber.

Telcontar

:ooc: I am going along with what Kara or Brim decide to do.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 19, 2011, 12:42 PM

The tall, lean stranger began to walk away from Sam and Caden, not looking back. One of Tatooine's suns was beginning to drop in the sky and caused the walls of the docking bay to take on an orange-golden tone.

Logar and Kaida pushed their way through the streets of Mos Entha with little problem. Either the law really did have a grasp on keeping criminal activity in the shadows, or the people just did not want to mess with Logar's rifle. In any case, the docking port where the Aegis sat came into view. The duo could see a tall, lean, well-dressed man exiting the bay through one of its rounded tunnels.

Kaida approached Caden and smiled. She imagined perhaps that it just might be getting a little cooler. Who in their right mind would settle on a planet that had two suns baking everything in existence? "Hey, I got us a nice place at the Acer hub. But I guess you heard. Who's the stiff in the suit?" she asked casually, her eyes following the retreating man. "Some friend of yours?"