• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 27, 2024, 08:04 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tour and Duty

Started by tomcat, Jul 22, 2005, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jul 22, 2005, 09:23 PM Last Edit: Jun 18, 2006, 07:29 AM by tomcat
Throughout the ship tours were going on besides Darkan's. Pushkin led Ashanta from the bridge to engineering and the many leisure areas of the Columbia. She was fascinated that such a large ship could house so many for so many years.

"Show me where you house so many of the crewmen, Alex. I am amazed that so many people could be given such luxury."

Saleesia was walking with Stonn, "Mr. Stonn, it is good to see you again. You are the science officer, no? Can you show me the tools that you use within the ship to do your magnificent work?"

Grahm was getting comfortable with this, Lijeea was almost perfect and her interest in his career and his job on the Columbia kept the Tac Officer talking.

"The Columbia has a total of 6 phaser arrays, 2 phaser cannons, and fore and aft firing photon tubes! Would you believe she is still not one of the more powerful vessels in the fleet? I can't show you the tactical systems, it is confidential, but come on, we still can look out a port and I can show you where the weapons sit."

Tam had followed along behind the captain and his group. The doctor fidgeted with the medical tricorder that sat in his pocket.

The Columbia crew was taking interest in their guests. Wherever the ladies went within the ship, they became a topic of conversation.

"Mr. Ramos," said the voice of Lt. Williams, "we are ready to go. Galileo-042 is loaded and ready to launch, with your order."

Ramos was still on the bridge with a multitude of things on his mind. First, was the unknown sensor reading. Stonn's replacement was having as much trouble as the Vulcan had in discerning the validity of the scan. The Golayshian was still reporting nothing from her sensors, but the engineer worried that the Hydraen ship was in no shape to have accurately running systems. Second was the damage to the ship that they currently orbited. He had looked at the reports and there was no solution that he could think of to get the warp core active again. And now Williams was calling to go...

The turbolift door opened and a smiling Pushkin stepped out with a lovely young female. "And here is the bridge!"

OOC: For all characters giving a tour, I will need you to make an Opposed Willpower test against the following number. If you are successful, you will 'direct' the tour instead of being directed.

Roll(2d6)+7: 4,1,+7 Total:12

Pushkin:
Roll(2d6)+2: 4,6,+2 Total:12 SUCCESS - problem is, Pushkin has two minds and he is listening to the little one right now.

Grahm:
Roll(2d6)+2: 2,3,+2 Total:7

Tam you are finding the ladies attractive, but that is it - there is no need to Willpower. Your symbiont provides you an immunity to the pheromone though you are not aware of it yet.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Willpower - (5+3)+2+3 Courage = 13

"No, I'm sorry, Your Highness, we cannot go that way.  As far as I know, there could still be some repairs in progress from our earlier mishap.  How about I show you ...."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Edrahil / Tam

After making several interesting observations, and covertly scanning most of the visitors, crew, and the area around them as they interact, Dr. Tam approachs the Captain. "Sir, I'm afraid that I lef an experiment currently underway that I'll need to attend to shortly to ensure I don't lose the results. Perhaps I could go and quickly attend to that now and rejoin the group in the mess hall for dinner?"

GandalfOfBorg

Definitely not a problem with Darkan; one less wheel to the party was all the better to him.  Typically being a reserved and private person, he really didn't like putting on a show for a large audience.  "By all means, Doctor.  Now where were we?  Ah yes...."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Edrahil / Tam

Nodding politely to each of  the guests, Tam excuses himself from the group. As soon as the turbolift doors close on him, he immediately whips out his Tricorder and starts to look over the readings he took, anxiously hoping to find something as he takes in all the information, finishing scanning over things before he even arrives in his medical lab. Once there, he loads it all into the computer, and starts analysis of the data and a search for a "cure".

[Tests?]

tomcat

Jul 27, 2005, 05:21 PM #5 Last Edit: Jun 18, 2006, 07:30 AM by tomcat
:arrow: OOC:

Hey Chris,

Here are the required tests:

Extended Science test TN 100 to diagnose if the bio scans of the women and the air about them yielded a common denominator to what you diagnosed from the scans of the two patients that you did earlier. Then from these scan comparisons you will be able to identify what causes the reactions in men and women of non-hydraen races and how to create an inhibitor. Each test will be TN 20 and last 1 hour (based on DOS).

After the inhibitor has been created, it will take 1 Medicine test TN 20 to develop and then roll 2d6 to determine the number of hours it takes to synthesize enough for the ship's crew.

-----------

Second, I am going to assume that Ramos gave the thumbs up for the re-launch of Galileo-042 with the engineering crew.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcatI am going to assume that Ramos gave the thumbs up for the re-launch of Galileo-042 with the engineering crew.

Ramos gave the go-ahead for Galileo to launch, but cautioned the crew about their still-unexplained object, and asked for the shuttle to use it's limited sensor en route in the hopes of finding anything further.

The repair crew was ordered to report back hourly with their status.

Juan didn't like having crew away from the relative safety of the ship during alert, but he had the feeling that the sooner they got the Hydraens on their way, the better off everyone would be...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Edrahil / Tam

Extended Science test TN 100

Each test will be TN 20 and last 1 hour (based on DOS).

Life Science (Exobiology): Skill +11, Specialty +2 = +13 (+
Roll(2d6)+13: 2,5,+13 Total:20 - Marginal Success; 60 min
(Total Skill 20; Total Time 1 hr)
Roll(2d6)+14: 6,3,+14 Total:23 - Complete Success; 45 min
(Total Skill 43; Total Time 1.75 hr)
Roll(2d6)+15: 4,1,+15 Total:20 - Marginal Success; 60 min
(Total Skill 63; Total Time 2.75 hr)
Roll(2d6)+16: 6,2,+16 Total:24 - Complete Success; 45 min
(Total Skill 87; Total Time 3.5 hr)
Roll(2d6)+17: 1,5,+17 Total:23 - Complete Success; 45 min
(Total Skill 110; Total Time 4.25 hr)

Medicine test TN 20
Medicine: Skill +12
Roll(2d6)+12: 3,5,+12 Total:20 - Marginal Success;

2d6 to determine the number of hours it takes to synthesize enough for the ship's crew.
Roll(2d6)+0: 1,6,+0 Total:7

-----------

Tam gets hard at work as soon as possible, trying to figure out what's causing the odd behaviour in the crew, isolate it, and develop a serum for it. As soon as he's got enough serum for the bridge crew and senior staff, he sets up the lab to continue mass-producing enough of it for the entire ship, tells one of his lab technicians how to monitor it, pockets his hypospray, and heads out to find the senior officers...