• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:49 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

STARDATE: 8337.7 - Rendezvous

Started by tomcat, Jun 14, 2005, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jess Townshend was fuming. She woke early the next morning and wished that she was off of this ship. She sat before the mirror roughly pulling a brush through her hair and thought about how the female Hydraens had dripped with politeness and sexuality. They had practically thrown themselves at her male companions – even the Vulcan! And Jess wasn't sure if Stonn had dismissed the come on... he had seemed to be enjoying himself!

They were still here! Where was the Columbia? She knew in a few hours that her captain would be calling for them all to join him for breakfast... and the princess would most likely be there, wearing another skimpy gown that she seemed to prefer!

"Let's go look at the stars on the Galleria Deck," mocked the Communications Officer. "Blah, blah, blah..."

Grahm had the ship moving at one quarter impulse, sensors searching before them for anything that might be in the way and for the target of their shuttlecraft's landing.

A crewman sat at the station that was usually attended by Townshend and was doing an impeccable job at tracking the distress beacon that the Galileo had followed the day before. The Tactical Officer felt that Jess would be doing it better but then felt silly for his childish feelings and thoughts. Still, the thought of her made an ache once again in his heart. His mind was quickly brought back to the bridge when he heard a voice from behind him...

"Commander, I am picking up a large object ahead. It is metal and I am detecting a low power surge. I am also detecting life signs." The science officer, Lt. Marshal, continued, "I think we may have found Galileo 042's destination, sir."

Not far away, aboard the Golayshian, the bridge staff of the wounded ship was detecting the approach of the Columbia. Though her sensors were weakened, it was quite easy to detect the larger Federation vessel. The Columbia displaced almost four times as much area as the Golayshian.

Captain Corbin pressed a button on his console and spoke, "Princess Isaboul, the Earth-ship is approaching. We register it is traveling at quarter impulse."

The reply back was simple but respectful, "Very well, I will alert our guests."

From her quarters, Isaboul hailed each of the Columbia crew's quarters at once, "Captain, I wanted to let you and your crew know that your ship is on its approach at last! If you would like to join me on the Galleria deck to watch its arrival?"

The voice and the request made Townshend's skin crawl, but a moment later, quiet as if he had just awoken, Captain Darkan called.

"Columbia crewman... all report to the Galleria deck."

With a sigh, she put down her brush, took a long look in the mirror and then began to don her uniform.

Stonn walked out of his cabin and she was standing there. For a moment he held his breath and stood as if frozen. He then regained his composure and took a few steps forward. It was nice to see her, he thought, but then quickly dismissed such things from his mind.

"I thought I would meet you and join you for breakfast," said the lady Saleesia. "Perhaps we can walk to the Galleria deck together to watch the approach of your vessel?"

:arrow: OOC: I need all of the crewman to make an Opposed Willpower test and post it along with any narrative and dialogue you would like. I want you to interpret any failed dice results in your post based upon what you have read so far. Make sense? Any questions, gimme a shout...

TN needed to Oppose:
Roll(2d6)+7: 6,4,+7 Total:17
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: By the gods :)  Willpower - (6+6+3)+2=17

After a quick change, Darkan makes his way to the ship's observation deck.  His head was still befuddled with his surreal and awkward dreams, but they were soon set aside... for the moment.  Seeing the princess, brought it all back to him and threatened to cause distraction in him.  With a supreme effort, he masked his outward appearance from his concerns.  "Greetings your Highness, I hope you slept better knowing your ship should be soon underway again."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat

Stonn walked out of his cabin and she was standing there. For a moment he held his breath and stood as if frozen. He then regained his composure and took a few steps forward. It was nice to see her, he thought, but then quickly dismissed such things from his mind.

"I thought I would meet you and join you for breakfast," said the lady Saleesia. "Perhaps we can walk to the Galleria deck together to watch the approach of your vessel?"

:arrow: OOC: I need all of the crewman to make an Opposed Willpower test and post it along with any narrative and dialogue you would like. I want you to interpret any failed dice results in your post based upon what you have read so far. Make sense? Any questions, gimme a shout...

TN needed to Oppose:
Roll(2d6)+7: 6,4,+7 Total:17

:arrow: Willpower Test (TN 17)
Stonn: Willpower +3, Unyielding +2 = +5
Roll(2d6)+5:4,5,+5 Total:14 - FAIL
OOC: I'll use a Courage point to bring it to 17. If my stoic Vulcan can't resist the feminine wiles of the first woman he comes across, it's gonna be a long trip... ;)

Stonn paused, and then nodded to the woman.
As they began to walk, he collected his thoughts. Certainly, Vulcans were attracted to beauty - much as they'd like to think otherwise, their species was even more prone to fits of passion than Humanity in the past. Only their single-minded cultural dedication to logic have pulled the Vulcans away from their more primal leanings.

Saleesia was physically attractive, and while Stonn would never admit it, he knew it to be true. However, he was a modern Vulcan - a logical being - and an ordered mind was more attractive to him then a pleasant face.
Why, then, did he feel ... a longing for this woman? Why was it so difficult to resist her charms?

Stonn was not in the throes of pon farr, and so he was confused and ashamed at his actions toward the woman.

Then it came to him - many of the male members of the party, even the Captain, who it already appeared to have some sort of distance-based relationship with another female - were acting in a similar fashion.

Why? Was it the women themselves? Were only the men affected?

One thing was certain to the Columbia's science officer - he had to find out. The first step, he thought, was to speak to the one party member who had seemed unaffected.
He had to speak to Townshend.

In the meanwhile, Stonn mentally posited that this walk would likely appear to take more time than it actually will on the chronograph...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

"Greetings your Highness, I hope you slept better knowing your ship should be soon underway again."

"Why yes Captain, thank you, I did." Isaboul smiled a broad grin and Darkan felt his heart flutter a bit. "It will be wonderful to once more be making our way home."

Stonn and Saleesia came onto the Galleria deck as the Columbia appeared through a great cloud of the Paulson nebula, her majestic shape sliding through the silence of space. There was the sound of some of the viewers catching their breath as the Federation vessel began a slow orbit about the smaller Golayshian.

Darkan smiled to himself as he saw his command and knew it was back in working order. Ramos proved himself once again. But then the captain looked to his left at the lovely, young princess as she stared with wide eyes at the ship. He did not at first hear his helmsman as he asked a question, but then realized he was being spoken too.

"Er... what?" asked Darkan as he looked about.

"I asked if you would like me to start warming up the shuttlecraft, sir?" answered Pushkin.

Not far away, Townshend stood with her arms crossed. Stonn watched her as she moved about and glanced at the others around her. She seemed agitated as well... almost angry.

"Interesting," was the quiet thought.

Then the Princess Isaboul spoke as she reached her hand out to place it on Captain Darkan's arm. "Oh Captain... I would love to see a Federation vessel. Can you give me a tour of your ship?"

Darkan looked down at the elegant hand that lay on his arm and felt the warmth of her touch through his uniform tunic. He brought his eyes to look at her and their eyes met and he struggled in his mind for the briefest of moments with his decision.

:arrow: OOC: Your characters have passed the Willpower tests but you guys may reply as you think they would - whether there is willpower play or not. Also remember, there is no evidence of any overt attempt at mind play, or whatever. As far as your characters know, they are beautiful women and the men are fighting personal inner struggles with themselves. Make sense? Besides, who said anything about mind-play going on?  :wink:

Gimme a shout if you need more....

Aboard the Columbia, Grahm heard his COM tech, "Commander, we are being hailed."

"Open a channel," replied the Tactical Officer.

"Columbia, Columbia... this is the HMV Golayshian out of Tau Hydrae. We welcome you and want to let you know that your captain and crewmates are safely aboard," said the disconnected voice. "We will maintain this as an open channel if you should need us or your crew."

"Very good, Golayshian," said Grahm. "I would like to talk to my captain as soon as possible, if I may?"

"Give us a moment to hail him, Columbia. Golayshian out."

While Grahm waited for his captain to come on the line, he opened an inner-ship channel, "Dr. Tam, we are going to be making contact with the captain momentarily. It is safe to assume that he and the others will soon be back aboard the Columbia. Perhaps you would like to arrange for a routine check of the away team? We have never been aboard Hydraen ships."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Edrahil / Tam

Receiving the page, Tam quickly moved to the closest comm panel to reply. "Of course, Commander. I'll have everything setup down here to give them a standard post-away mission medical exam as soon as they return to the ship. Please make sure that this is their first stop upon their return, as per standard operating protocols. Tam out."

With that, Tam quickly got to work preparing his scanners to perform wide-range sweeps for any possible contagions, and calling up the personal medical records of each away team member for a detailed comparison.

GandalfOfBorg

"Yes, of course, Your Highness, but it will have to wait for awhile as I have duties to tend to before such pleasantries can be addressed.  We will contact you when all is ready for your arrival," Darkan said, being as diplimatic as possible.  This woman's distraction was becoming all too noticeable.
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

As soon as Stonn finds an appropriate opportunity to step away from Saleesia, he sidles over to Townshend as casually as possible.

"Ms. Townshend," he asks in a low voice, "have you noticed anything unusual regarding the women onboard this ship? It appears to me that they are stirring up... unnatural responses amongst members of the landing party."

tomcat

"You think!" Jess answered sarcastically as she angrily pushed a lock of hair from her face. "Alex can barely keep his tongue in his mouth!"

The final comment left Stonn perplexed as Townshend abruptly turned away from him to stare out the window at the circling Columbia.

As they all stood marvelling at the Columbia's grace, a voice came overhead. "Captain Darkan, your ship is requesting you call them. They are waiting on an open channel."

"Come Captain, I will walk you to the bridge where you can talk to your crew in a more private setting," the princess said as she gently tugged upon his arm, pulling him in the direction of the turbolift.

:arrow: OOC: I want to point out that except for Stonn having 'odd' feelings (and realizing that he is), the Human characters would notice nothing other than they are becoming strongly attracted to the female Hydraens. Now this might cause guilt, or excitment, but nothing 'feels' wrong right now. Make sense? Let me know if you have any questions...

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat"You think!" Jess answered sarcastically as she angrily pushed a lock of hair from her face. "Alex can barely keep his tongue in his mouth!"

The final comment left Stonn perplexed as Townshend abruptly turned away from him to stare out the window at the circling Columbia.

The young communications officer's sarcasm and lack of decorum stunned Stonn, who was not expecting such an emotional outburst from the usually cool and professional Townshend. While he suspected that his crewmates might be acting out of character, it was quite clear that Lt. Townshend was...

"Interesting," thought Stonn. He planned to carefully watch the interaction between his crewmates and the Hydraens for the rest of their stay.

GandalfOfBorg

Darkan goes willingly.  Once to the bridge, "Darkan here, Columbia.  I assume repairs are being made on schedule.  We shall be returning shortly; there will be senior staff meeting once we board."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

"Very good Captain, we will await your return. Columbia out."

Pushkin and the two security officers left the Hydraen entourage and headed down to the hangar bay. They walked along in silence, but each smiling about a personal thought. Once to their destination, Pushkin opened the shuttle's hatch and climbed on board. He commenced the start up initiation and checked his displays as the systems came on line. A male Hydraen flight deck crewman poked his head in the ship and spoke.

"Mr. Pushkin I believe?" he asked, "My crew and I have begun uncoupling the lines that we had to your craft and we will be ready for your departure when you are. Just let us know."

Alex merely nodded and smiled in the Hydraen's direction and went back to his tasks. The image of Ashanta was embedded in his mind and he felt suddenly sad to be leaving. He wanted to get back to the Columbia but he was torn – she had made a very serious impression on him. He sighed.

Stonn and Townshend also started back to the Hangar bay accompanied by Saleesia. The Hydraen had 'nothing to do' and said that she wished to spend a little more time with the Vulcan. Stonn could find no logical reason why she shouldn't come along but he noticed that the Communications officer tagged behind them about four or five feet. She still seemed agitated.

They came to the lower deck at last and the trio proceeded out to the Galileo shuttlecraft.

"I know you will be busy Mr. Stonn but I hope that I shall get a chance to see you again while your crewmates assist us in getting our ship back in order."

To that, Townshend just pushed past the two of them and climbed aboard the shuttle. Mr. Stonn stood there in the hangar staring at the attractive Hydraen female.

"Well Captain, you will be off now I presume?" Princess Isaboul's eyes showed more to him than the spoken words. "I am looking forward to seeing you again and getting that tour of your ship. Also, is it too much to presume that you and your staff will be assisting us in getting our engines back in working order?"

Before Darkan could answer she went on, "Go to your ship... I will call later this day. Perhaps we may dine together on your ship and you can show me the fine cuisines of your planet."

:arrow: OOC: I would like to point out again that there is no obvious or overt pressure coming from these women and that the Willpower tests are not something that the characters would feel themselves going through. Only Stonn would be aware that things are different because he is experiencing emotions rising; Darkan may feel guilt because he is allowing another woman to enter his mind but he does not feel that he is being taken control of - in fact the failed Willpower tests would show their effect as him liking the attention. So I want to make sure that you guys play the die rolls out correctly. Think of it as the same as in This Side of Paradise where Kirk and Company didn't seem to mind the affects of the plants. Only duty and Kirk's love of his command (Enterprise) made him realize that he was acting erratically - even Spock didn't pick this up, he swung upside down from tree branches. :wink:

With this all said, I need the character's to make an Opposed Willpower test against the following result. Any prior Willpower test failures (starting with the last one) will cause a -1 to your dice roll per failure (so keep count of how many you miss from the last one forward).

Willpower Test:
Roll(2d6)+7: 3,6,+7 Total:16 - Mr. Stonn, you will have a TN 22 to oppose as Saleesia used 2 Courage in her test.

Pushkin Willpower: +2 -1 = +1
Roll(2d6)+1: 2,5,+1 Total:8 FAILED

Townshend Willpower: +2 -1 = +1
Roll(2d6)+1: 3,1,+1 Total:5 FAILED

Red Shirts Willpower: +1 -1 = +0
Roll(2d6)+0: 2,4,+0 Total:6 FAILED
Roll(2d6)+0: 1,4,+0 Total:5 FAILED

sdrotar

Stonn and Townshend also started back to the Hangar bay accompanied by Saleesia. The Hydraen had 'nothing to do' and said that she wished to spend a little more time with the Vulcan. Stonn could find no logical reason why she shouldn't come along but he noticed that the Communications officer tagged behind them about four or five feet. She still seemed agitated.

They came to the lower deck at last and the trio proceeded out to the Galileo shuttlecraft.

"I know you will be busy Mr. Stonn but I hope that I shall get a chance to see you again while your crewmates assist us in getting our ship back in order."

To that, Townshend just pushed past the two of them and climbed aboard the shuttle. Mr. Stonn stood there in the hangar staring at the attractive Hydraen female.

:arrow: OOC: I would like to point out again that there is no obvious or overt pressure coming from these women and that the Willpower tests are not something that the characters would feel themselves going through. Only Stonn would be aware that things are different because he is experiencing emotions rising; Darkan may feel guilt because he is allowing another woman to enter his mind but he does not feel that he is being taken control of - in fact the failed Willpower tests would show their effect as him liking the attention. So I want to make sure that you guys play the die rolls out correctly. Think of it as the same as in This Side of Paradise where Kirk and Company didn't seem to mind the affects of the plants. Only duty and Kirk's love of his command (Enterprise) made him realize that he was acting erratically - even Spock didn't pick this up, he swung upside down from tree branches. :wink:

With this all said, I need the character's to make an Opposed Willpower test against the following result. Any prior Willpower test failures (starting with the last one) will cause a -1 to your dice roll per failure (so keep count of how many you miss from the last one forward).

Willpower Test:
Roll(2d6)+7: 3,6,+7 Total:16 - Mr. Stonn, you will have a TN 22 to oppose as Saleesia used 2 Courage in her test.

Willpower +3, Unyielding +2 = +5
Roll(2d6)+5:4,5,+5 Total:14 - FAIL

She was... what would humans say - intoxicating?
Inwardly, he knew he should not be acting in this manner, but he didn't seem to care. It was odd.
Without even really realizing it, he nodded politely.
"I look forward to our next meeting."
As he bounded up the shuttle's steps, he found himself hoping that she did not discover his lack of experience in engineering... and then was confused as to why.

GandalfOfBorg

"Well Captain, you will be off now I presume?" Princess Isaboul's eyes showed more to him than the spoken words. "I am looking forward to seeing you again and getting that tour of your ship. Also, is it too much to presume that you and your staff will be assisting us in getting our engines back in working order?"

Before Darkan could answer she went on, "Go to your ship... I will call later this day. Perhaps we may dine together on your ship and you can show me the fine cuisines of your planet."

Willpower Test:

Willpower - (5+5)+2+6 Courage = 18
OOC: Unless the first counts, 17

'Umm, ya okay,' Darkan thought.  "Of course, Your Highness.  Yes we will do what we can to help you as I've offered.  Have a good day, Princess" he said with a bow and departed.

'Why is she so pushy?  Has she been like this the entire time.  Well I guess I haven't been paying all that much attention nor I haven't really said anything about Mia either.'  Chuckling to himself, "Steve, you aren't that good looking or that lucky."  But in the back of his mind something railed against that thought.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Alex sealed the shuttlecraft's hatch and checked his console for an environmental seal, and then pushed his communicator. "Galileo-042 is ready for departure Golayshian," then changing channels, "Columbia, Galileo-042 launching now and on approach to you – ETA 15 minutes."

"Roger, Galileo," came a voice over the line.

From the Hydraens in the hangar control booth, the crew got a wave and a smile. Stonn could see Saleesia standing there as well and the Vulcan just stared back – he did look forward to seeing her again.

The great bay doors opened again and the shuttlecraft lifted off and left the safety of the Golayshian's hangar. Flawlessly, Pushkin piloted the ship across the distance between the two starships bringing it around behind the Columbia. Alex could see the green flashing light on Hangar Bay-1 and he directed the ship in that direction. He closed to within 1,000 meters when of a sudden the shuttlecraft shook. Pushkin immediately took the ship's flight systems to standby as the tractor beams guided her in.

"Galileo we have you, sit back and enjoy the ride," and that is what Alex did. He leaned back and put his hands behind his head, stretching, and smiling. He looked over his shoulder, back towards his companion and spoke, "Wait until I tell John about what he missed!" Pushkin giggled and continued, "Man that was great!"

At the back of the shuttle, sitting at her communications console, Jess' stomach suddenly felt like it had a ball of ice within. She looked sharply at Alex, her face a display of pain and anger, but the Russian did not see. He had already turned back around and stared out at the approaching cavernous hangar bay.

"Dr. Tam, the Galileo will be arriving in about 5 minutes," said Grahm as he watched the viewscreen, on it was the shuttlecraft slowly approaching. "Just wanted to give you a heads up."

Three decks below Sickbay, Ramos slid out of a Jefferies Tube after making the final adjustments on the Ionic Imagery Grid and handed his assistant the tool he was using. He wiped his brow with a cloth and looked up at the intercom, "Well, I guess I'll get up to the hangar too. I am sure that the Captain will want to know the ship's status.

Ramos' tech nodded at him as the engineer started for the turboshaft. It was a quick ride up to Deck-6 and the lift deposited him on the port-side of the ship at Hangar-1. He stepped out of the turbolift and turned left and walked towards the doors. He glanced up to see the green light which signaled him that the hangar was environmentally safe for him to enter.

It was a true marvel he thought, as he looked upon the yawning hangar doors and watched as the shuttle passed through the energy screens that kept the air inside from rushing out into the vacuum of space. Invisible and capable of allowing matter to pass through them and yet they contained the awesome pressure within the ship. Of course, Ramos knew that it was only for the brief time that the Hangar Bay doors were open, but still. He loved being an engineer!

The shuttle came to a rest and Juan saw Dr. Tam and his staff walk out onto the flight deck. Grahm was there too...

GandalfOfBorg

Even though the flight was short, Darkan brooded darkly over the events and the princess.  She was quite alluring and it had taken quite a bit of willpower to resist her charms.  Yes she was beautiful and obviously powerful, having such a title, but he couldn't stand pushy women.  You could almost hear his mental "Arggh!"  Worse yet was the more he tried not to think about her, the more he ended up doing it, thus putting him in a not-so-great attitude by the time the ship docked.  How did she end up in my dream?

Exiting the shuttle, he says to everyone present, "Staff meeting in 15 minutes," and departs for his quarters with few curt acknowledgements to his crew.
Gwaithlim Weapons