• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 27, 2024, 07:54 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Golayshian

Started by tomcat, May 24, 2005, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The HMV Golayshian was a sleek ship built for speed and long journeys more so than any other purpose. She had five decks and each was set up for the comforts of the crew and passengers. The ship did have armament and a very extensive sensor suite, but these were relied upon only in the most dire of situations.

Isaboul took the crew members to the Deck Five and began her tour there. The bow of the vessel was her main forward sensor and computer core. Stemming from the main sensor array was the feeds that led into the ship's wings and her lateral sensors.

Next came the utility functions of the ship - sickbay; the transporter room; mess hall; shuttlebay; and engineering. It was here that Stonn decided to take Cordin up on his request and assist them with their engines. The Columbia crew members could easily see the perforations from the meteorite hits. They could also see the that the Hydraens had expertly repaired the holes and proven themselves to be skilled in both environmental and non-environmental structural re-engineering.

"So, Alex..." asked a Hydraen female with her armed crossed through Pushkins, "what do you think of our vessel?"

"It is a good ship," replied the Russian. "She has kept her crew healthy even though she has suffered severe damage. How long have you been disabled?"

The question hung there for a moment but was then answered by Isaboul who led the group, "It has been seven weeks now." The princess then continued, "These sections are where my crew need work, come captain... let me show you where our crew enjoy themselves."

With a smile, the princess led the five remaining Columbia crewman onward for her tour.

Deck 5
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Hey Shawn,

Need to know if Stonn is interested in accompanying the rest of the party or is he wishing to look at the Golayshian's engines.

Let me know,

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Isaboul led the Columbia crewmembers through the next four levels of the Golayshian – cargo and other utility type stations were dispersed through Deck-4; the living quarters for the eighty crewmembers were on the Deck-3; tactical systems and armaments were contained on Deck-2; and finally the bridge on Deck 1.

Upon arrival to the bridge, bows were bestowed to the princess and then the staff went about their duties. The members of the princess's entourage continued to make small talk with Darkan and his crewmen; the females each accompanying a male of the Columbia.

"Well Captain, that is my ship. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to give you this tour. Now you and your crew must dine with me. Do you wish to freshen up? Perhaps change into something more appropriate for dining?"

Not waiting for the answer, Isaboul spoke to one of her people. "Prepare quarters for our guests and set my table to accomodate them." Then back to Darkan, "You will stay with us, yes? At least until your ship comes to our aid. The nebula is a dangerous and it is not recommended that you should fly such a small craft back to your ship. Do you agree?"

:arrow: OOC: I need Darkan and the others (Stonn included if he is with the tour) to roll me an opposed Savvy against the Princess's Persuade test below:

Persuade +4, Affinity bonuses +2, Special +5
Roll(2d6)+11: 3,5,+11 Total:19

Crewman, Townshend and Pushkin:
Townshend +3 - Roll(2d6)+3: 5,1,+3 Total:9 FAILED
Pushkin +1 - Roll(2d6)+1: 3,1,+1 Total:5 FAILED
Red Shirt A +1 - Roll(2d6)+1: 4,2,+1 Total:7 FAILED
Red Shirt B +1 - Roll(2d6)+1: 6,2,+1 Total:9 FAILED

Townshend gritted her teeth at the princess's pleasing inquiry and wondered what the captain's response would be. What else would he say? Of course they would be entertained by this perfect, walking doll!

Pushkin, not far from Townshend, with his arm still laced together with the princess's aide, smiled at the proposition. What a wonderful idea. He was hungry and the thought of having to fly through that nebula again was not appealing at all. He knew the captain would have to agree.

Back on the Columbia, Grahm turned to a jubilant exclamation behind him. The assistant science officer smiled gleefully as his consoles lit up, "Looks like we have lateral sensors back on line and stellar graviton detectors! Go Mr. Ramos!"

"Well that was something", thought Grahm. The ship could commence moving with lateral sensors but in this nebula it would still be dangerous. Grahm thought about his options - the captain and the others were not that far away, but that anomaly detected by Mr. Stonn was out there. That 'anomaly' could turn out to be a rock the size of a mountain or a moon! Should he begin the transit to the far off location where the shuttle disappeared?

:arrow: OOC: Roughly three hours have passed since the shuttle launched (tour included), obviously more time will be added with the dinner and such.

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: ooo that is a evil roll

Savvy - (6+1)+2=9

"Yes, of course, Your Highness."  With an eye to his crewmen, "We'd be delighted.  Thank you for your generous offer."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcatHey Shawn,

Need to know if Stonn is interested in accompanying the rest of the party or is he wishing to look at the Golayshian's engines.

Let me know,

Doug

While Stonn understood the need for awkward social pleasantries among humans, he would personally much prefer the more straightforward task of repair.
"Captain," he asked before they left Engineering; "I would like to help ascertain the condition of the warp drive as soon as possible. May I stay and assist while you and the Princess continue the tour?"

He nods politely in Isaboul's direction as he makes the request of Darkan.
"With your permission, of course."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Quote from: sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat
He nods politely in Isaboul's direction as he makes the request of Darkan.
"With your permission, of course."

"One moment, Your Highness."  Darkan has a short, quiet aside with Stonn.  "Permission granted.  Also, do what you can to boost subspace transmissions so we can get in contact with the Columbia; we shouldn't be out of contact any longer than needed.  Get Townshend to help if need be."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg
"One moment, Your Highness."  Darkan has a short, quiet aside with Stonn.  "Permission granted.  Also, do what you can to boost subspace transmissions so we can get in contact with the Columbia; we shouldn't be out of contact any longer than needed.  Get Townshend to help if need be."

"I shall endeavor to do so, Captain. It is possible that Mr. Ramos has restored at least limited sensor functionality at this point, as well."
He looked over in Townshend's direction, then back to his commander.

"I will summon Ms. Townshend if her expertise becomes necessary. In the meanwhile, Captain - I will study the ship, and we can discuss our respective findings this evening."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun