• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:45 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Hallway melee - round 1

Started by tomcat, Oct 28, 2009, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 28, 2009, 05:58 PM Last Edit: Oct 28, 2009, 06:03 PM by tomcat
Situation: The company is attacked by the undead that reside in an old dwarven estate. The company must either come to the elf's aid and spend the first round getting there, or the elf comes to them... either way, only Idhriel will be able to engage the mewlips this round.

Situational Modifiers: The ghouls (mewlips) exude Terror that needs resisted with Willpower at TN 13, each round.

Physical Modifiers: Moria Darkness will apply to all physical actions and PC's must apply their modifier for Total Darkness (minus any trait mods), unless the lanterns will be unmasked... and even then, all will be at -2.

Initiative:
Gumbo 13
Kori 13
Ghouls 12
Idhriel 11
Nori 11
Turumarth 9
Vári - 5

Mewlip attacks Idhriel as it lands at the bottom of the stairs
TN 13 AC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3
-------------------------
Action 1 (claw) Roll(2d6)+11: 5,3,+11 Total:19 [damage if not parried: Roll(1d6)+5: 1,+5 Total:6]
Action 2 (claw) Roll(2d6)+11: 3,6,+11 Total:20 [damage if not parried: Roll(1d6)+5: 6,+5 Total:11]

Idhriel saw the horrid thing land in front of her and it rapidly scrambled towards her raking with its awful claws as it did.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Gumbo runs down the hall to confront this new danger. Spear leveled he is prepared to either support the elf in the fight or attack on his own.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Oct 29, 2009, 06:45 PM #2 Last Edit: Oct 29, 2009, 06:55 PM by Jingo
:ooc: Oops. I thought I was closer to the party. I meant to be in their same room. Oh well, more exciting this way I suppose.

This is my first combat so hope I'm doing this right. She will attempt to parry both attacks using her two actions this round to do so. After considering the odds of parrying using two blades, (it's going to be too hard), she decides to drop one blade as a free action and use the single blade and block the incoming attacks, using her two actions this round to do so.

Armed Combat 12+2 (specialty) = 14 - 2 dim lighting from party?  = +12 mod... I have to roll a > 7  and > 8 respectively.

Here goes!
Against Claw - 1
Roll(2d6)+12:
3,1,+12
Total:16 (spending 1 courage +3) = 19 (So barely parried)

Roll(2d6)+12:
6,6,+12
Total:24 (Parried)

Idhriel faced the foul creatures in front of her, and spun her twin elven blades in controlled arcs. Let them come. She peered into the darkness and caught glimpses of shadows lumbering towards her. And what she saw caused her throat to suddenly feel dry--

Orcs she had fought before, fought and killed, but these... these creatures. They had a most unnatural feel, and the stench of death made her gag. Her palms began to sweat and one of her scimitars clattered to the stone floor at her feet as she took an involuntary step back. She muttered something and grimly held the sole scimitar up defensively.

The claws came fast, mere whispers of warning in the darkness of Moria raking to rip out her throat. Gripping her sole scimitar with both hands she habitually slid through the graceful steps of the defensive forms taught to her by the weapon master and--barely managed to turn both blows.

"Come friends! I cannot stand alone! Let us fight this foulness as one and be bound together in battle!" She called out in the common tongue.

:ooc:
Hopefully "Ghost Scorn" edge applies to the Terror affects. If she has to roll, she'll have to use this:
Roll(2d6)+1:
4,2,+1
Total:7 (*gulp*)

Init for next round:
Roll(2d6)+3:
4,6,+3
Total:13

sdrotar

"One thing after another, this place," Vári grumbled. "Orcs, ghouls... elves..."

Surly attitude aside, Vári wasn't the standing-around type. He hefted his axe and charged down the hallway.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Does Idhriel wish to return the attack to the creature? If you are not familiar with CODA, you may make more actions than your base 2 (plus any bonus actions from Edges/Order Abilities) but you are at a cumulative -5 for each action beyond your allottment. Also as a reminder of my house rules, you may only make a number of offensive actions equal to your total allowed actions per round (read the House Rules thread in Chronicles of the North if you need more help with this).

Also Jared, when you roll double sixes (or double ones - see my house rules) you may roll another d6 and add it to the total. If it, too, is a 6, you roll again and so forth. This allows a PC to make epic actions and achieve great results.

I am opening a new round thread with the assumption that Turumarth, Kori, and Nori will also follow.

Idhriel counters the attack from mewlip with her scimitar. Behind the creature, scrambling down the stairs, was a pack of four more.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]