• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:10 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Durin's Bridge - round 2

Started by tomcat, Jul 19, 2009, 06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jul 19, 2009, 06:42 AM Last Edit: Aug 21, 2009, 05:52 PM by tomcat
Situation: The company have engaged the orcs, who now know their present.

Situational Modifiers: None

NEW: The Orcs can take 6 HP of damage in 4 levels (Durgûz has 5 levels - no penalty for first 6 damage). Penalties will accrue for each level overcome:

Healthy 6: -0
Dazed 12: -1
Injured 18: -3
Wounded 24: -5
Dead 25+: n/a

Physical Modifiers: Orc 5 is Wounded -5. Moria Darkness still applies to all physical actions and PC's must apply the -2 Dim lighting penalty even though there is a Light spell cast (or -1 if you have either NE1 or NE2).

PC's status:
Bornoge - has NE1
Caranmîr - no NE
Gumbo - has NE2
Kori - no NE
Nori - has NE1
Turumarth - no NE
Vári - has NE2

Initiative:
Orcs - 17 (double 6's)
Caranmîr - 13
Bornoge - 12
Gumbo - 11
Nori - 11
Vári - 11
Kori - 10
Turumarth - 5

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Aug 01, 2009, 02:41 PM #1 Last Edit: Aug 01, 2009, 02:44 PM by tomcat
The company's attacks were swift and sure and quickly was Durgûz's patrol reduced. Now the large orc, still somewhat blind from the light that glared before him, tried to make out who his attackers were - only orc tongues could be heard. Confused and thinking his lads were being attacked by some of Garn's, he let out a primal yell and attacked.

"GARN! Ya attack me and my boys! Arrr!"

Durgûz attacks Vári with his curved blade
TN 12 AC +9, Specialty +2, Light -2
-------------------------
Action 1: Roll(2d6)+9: 4,1,+9 Total:14 SUCCESS
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+9: 5,6,+9 Total:20 SUCCESS
Action 3: Roll(2d6)+9: 1,3,+9 Total:13 SUCCESS

Orc scimitar (2d6+4), plus strength bonus (+2), coated with Orc poison (see below). Damage if not parried... Vári will need to make a TN 7 stamina reaction roll per hit to reduce the orc poison damage to 1d6+1, instead of 2d6+2. The damage listed below in parenthesis is what Vári will take if stamina tests are successful:
Attack 1: Roll(4d6)+8: 4,6,2,4,+8 Total:24 (19)
Attack 2: Roll(4d6)+8: 6,3,6,3,+8 Total:26 (22)
Attack 3: Roll(4d6)+8: 3,3,6,5,+8 Total:25 (19)

Damage may also be reduced for armor effect.

Orc 1 attacks Caranmîr
TN 12 AC +7, Specialty +2, Light -2
Action 1: move to engage
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+7: 3,5,+7 Total:15

Orc scimitar (2d6+4), plus strength bonus (+2), coated with Orc poison (see below). Damage if not parried... Caranmîr will need to make a TN 7 stamina reaction roll per hit to reduce the orc poison damage to 1d6+1, instead of 2d6+2. The damage listed below in parenthesis is what Caranmîr will take if stamina tests are successful:
Attack 1: Roll(4d6)+8: 1,5,6,5,+8 Total:25 (19)

Orc 5 attacks Gumbo
TN 12 AC +7, Specialty +2, Light -2, Wounded -5
Action 1: Roll(2d6)+2: 5,3,+2 Total:10 FAILED
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+2: 2,1,+2 Total:5 FAILED

:ooc: Okay, Matt's PC Nori is now player-less. Tom, I am going to give you him instead of Kori... I will keep the old craftsman which will actually make it easier for me to feed you the knowledge he has of Moria. Let me know if you have any problem with Nori's character sheet. Thanks.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Aug 03, 2009, 04:22 AM #2 Last Edit: Aug 06, 2009, 08:11 AM by Telcontar
Gumbo's luck held and the orc that closed upon him never touched him. He hoped that even in the light the coming of outsiders could be confused by the preceptions of the Orcs, should any of them live. Gumbo took the information he was given and turned it against the orcs, "Garn! remember the shinyes ya promised for the death of this lot!"

Gumbo thrust out with his spear at the orc before him.
AttackRoll 1(2d6)+13:
6,4,+13 (+10 skill, +2 speciliazation, +1 to AC with spears)-1 light spell
Total:22

dmgRoll 1(2d6)+3:
3,4,+3
Total:10

The spear stabbed into the Orc and just as quicky struck again.
attack Roll 2(2d6)+13:
2,4,+13-1 light spell
Total:18

DMG Roll 2(2d6)+3:
5,4,+3
Total:12

:ooc: Gumbo will use his swift strike to use his third action to attack again instead of saving for a dodge.
Gumbo feeling that he had the orc on the ropes pressed his attack with a third rapid plunge of his spear stepping in to strike with the full blade of the spear.

Attack Roll 3(2d6)+13:
2,5,+13-1 light
Total:19

DMGRoll3 (2d6)+3:
1,5,+3
Total:9
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Aug 03, 2009, 04:34 AM #3 Last Edit: Aug 08, 2009, 08:36 PM by tomcat
Nori looked at the Hobibt to his right and saw that he could manage on his own, and then, as always in combat, looked to his elder uncle to ensure that he required no assitance. Seeing that he too was in good company he gave over the rage that he felt at these Orcs in the halls of his fathers. The battle axe in his hands, that had perhaps drew Orc blood ont this very spot an age ago, pulsed in his hand. He felt the long line of his fathers in the strength of his arm and the history of his axe. He believed for moment that the axe itself spoke to his mind, "In darkness or in Light i will bite the enemies of your house!"

Nori looked at the largest orc who he beleived to be the leader as he struck at Vari. No dwarf would suffer unavenged in the Halls of Durin again while demon fang was in the hands of a dwarf. Silently and as graceful as a dwarf could Nori charged the Orc leader.

attack Roll1 (2d6)+13:
1,2,+13 (+10 skill, +2 specialty, +1 AC bonus for charge action) (I dont have a rule book here so i dont know what other modifiers to add for a charge)-1 light spell
Total 15

DMGRoll(3d6)+6:
4,1,6 +6 Total:17 x 1.5 = 26

:ooc: Doug please as always correct my poor calcualtions if they are in error. Done  ;) - charging enhances damage by 1.5 mulitplier

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Turumarth's eyes adjust to the light as the front line of fighters advance quickly against the orcs. He looks for a foe to engage when a vicious, snarling attack rends at Caranmîr to his side. The light illuminating the twisted face close to him causes him to step back a pace. The urge to cast a spell is great, but the lingering fatigue of the light spell still tingles in his limbs. He steps at the creature and thrusts with his lit staff end.

{If Orc 1 is still standing}
Action 1: attack with staff TN 10 (AC +2, Spec +2, -2 Dim)
2d6 +2 = 4,4 +2 = 10, marginal success

Dmg = 1d6+2 (+1):
3,+3
Total: 6

Action 2: attack with staff TN 10 (AC +2, Spec +2, -2 Dim)
2d6 +2 = 3,2 +2 = 7, spend Courage, +3 = 10 marginal success

Dmg = 1d6+2 (+1):
5,+3
Total: 8

tomcat

Aug 08, 2009, 09:07 PM #5 Last Edit: Aug 08, 2009, 09:12 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Players are either not here, or busy, or whatever... but I am not going to hold up the games anymore.

Caranmîr attempts to parry
TN 15 AC +4, Specialty +2, PB +1, Light -2
Action 1 - draw sword to defend
Action 2 - Roll(2d6)+5: 1,2,+5 Total:8 FAILED [Stamina test to resist poison Roll(2d6)+2: 2,4,+2 Total:8 SUCCESS] Takes 19 damage - 2 for Armour of Heroes, or 17.

Caranmîr strikes back at Orc 1
TN 10 AC +4, Specialty +2, Light -2, MAP -5
Action 3 - Roll(2d6)-1: 2,6,-1 Total:5 FAILED

Bornoge, not wanting to hit his companions rushes forward to aid against Orc 1

Bornoge moves to attack Orc 1
TN 10 AC +4, Specialty +2, Light -1 (MAP -5)
Action 1 - move to engage (no test required)
Action 2 - Roll(2d6)+5: 1,4,+5 Total:10 SUCCESS
Action 3 - Roll(2d6)+0: 5,5,+0 Total:10 SUCCESS

Orc 1 attempts to parry
TN 10, 10 AC +7, Specialty +2, PB +1, Light -2 (MAP -5, -10)
Action 3 - Roll(2d6)+3: 6,2,+3 Total:11 SUCCESS
Action 4 - Roll(2d6)+0: 3,4,+0 Total:7 FAILED [damage from javelin with poison Roll(3d6)+5: 4,5,1,+5 Total:15 with poison - 1 for natural armour = 14]

Orc 1 cannot parry Turumarth and takes another 14 - 2 = 12 damage, totalling 26 damage Orc 1 is DEAD

Orc 5 cannot do anything about Gumbo's attacks... he takes a total of 31 Orc 5 is DEAD

:ooc: I need Vári's parries before I finish the round and post the results from Nori's attacks.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 01, 2009, 02:41 PM

Durgûz attacks Vári with his curved blade
TN 12 AC +9, Specialty +2, Light -2
Action 1: Roll(2d6)+9: 4,1,+9 Total:14 SUCCESS
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+9: 5,6,+9 Total:20 SUCCESS
Action 3: Roll(2d6)+9: 1,3,+9 Total:13 SUCCESS

Orc scimitar (2d6+4), plus strength bonus (+2), coated with Orc poison (see below). Damage if not parried... Vári will need to make a TN 7 stamina reaction roll per hit to reduce the orc poison damage to 1d6+1, instead of 2d6+2. The damage listed below in parenthesis is what Vári will take if stamina tests are successful:
Attack 1: Roll(4d6)+8: 4,6,2,4,+8 Total:24 (19)
Attack 2: Roll(4d6)+8: 6,3,6,3,+8 Total:26 (22)
Attack 3: Roll(4d6)+8: 3,3,6,5,+8 Total:25 (19)

Vári parry attempts: AC+12, Spec +2, darkness -3= +11
:ooc: I assumed the Movement Action Penalty was gone, given the light and the fact that Vari doesn't have to move here. Vári's Charge attack took up two of his three attack/defense moves for the round, but for the life of me, I can't find the extra action penalties (though I think they stack at -5 each).

Parry attempt 1 (TN 14):
Roll(2d6)+11:3,6,+11 Total:20 - SUCCESS

Parry Attempt 2 (TN 20 +5 extra action penalty):
Roll(2d6)+6:4,3,+6 Total:13 - FAIL

Parry attempt 3 (TN 13 +10 extra action 2 penalty):
Roll(2d6)+1:4,3,+1 Total:8 - FAIL

:ooc: I'll spend two Courage points to succeed at the second parry. I'm out of luck on the third...

Stamina test (TN 7) to resist poison:
Roll(2d6)+3:4,5,+3 Total:12 - SUCCESS!

Vári had but a moment to watch the Orc he collided with fall off the ledge, before the furious Orc leader was upon him.
Absorbing a fearsome series of strikes with his axe, Vári was completely defensive, and the last stroke found its mark.

Vári howled in pain as the Orc's poisonous blade slipped though his armor, and he knew that for him, this fight was just beginning.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Hey all... let's get things going again! Shawn, below is your defense posts re-tooled for the following reasons:

• you have no MAP (multiple action penalties) in this round because your charge attack was in the last round. You were last in the initiative order for this round, so the orcs attacked first, which require your defense, but you may still return an attack if you wish.
  • I also am correcting your post for environment (it is dim lighting -2).

Vári parry attempts: AC+12, Spec +2, darkness -2 = +12

Parry attempt 1 (TN 14):
Action 1 - Roll(2d6)+12:3,6,+12 Total:21 - SUCCESS

Parry Attempt 2 (TN 20):
Action 2 - Roll(2d6)+12:4,3,+12 Total:19 +3 COURAGE - SUCCESS

Parry attempt 3 (TN 13):
Roll(2d6)+12:4,3,+12 Total:19 - SUCCESS

Spend one Courage point to succeed at the second parry.

Nori charges Durgûz and hits with a 16, which the orc attempts to parry

TN 16 AC +9, Specialty +2, PB +1, Light -2, MAP -5
Roll(2d6)+5: 3,2,+5 Total:10 FAILED - takes 26 -5 (armour) = 21 damage.

:ooc: Vári may attack, and that will end this round, and possibly the combat.

One other final note, the PC's that I am not getting any player responses from shall be eliminated from the story via the next narrative (this includes Bornoge and Caranmir).

sdrotar

Aug 21, 2009, 07:13 PM #8 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2009, 07:18 PM by sdrotar
 :ooc: Vári will spend the Courage point to parry the attacks and avoid taking damage, and he'll take one whack at the Orc and see what happens. Thank you very much for correcting my post.

AC test (AC+12, Spec +2, darkness -3, MAP -5) = +6
Roll(2d6)+6:2,2,+6 Total:10
Damage if successful: Roll(2d6)+10: Roll(2d6)+10:3,3,+6 Total:16

Next Round Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2:3,1,+2 Total:6

tomcat

Durgûz attempts to parry
TN 16 AC +9, Specialty +2, PB +1, Light -2, MAP -10
Roll(2d6)+0: 4,3,+0 Total:7 FAILED

Damage taken is 16-5 = 11 + 21 = 32... Durgûz falls dead

Cut

[OOC: I am sorry for the long absence. I have neither the pressing reasons as GoB or people standing their ground in Afghanistan. I just wasn't on the internet that much and didn't find the right mood to post even a few things when I was. I sincerly apologize for holding up the game (which I immensely enjoyed) and hope that there are no hard feelings. I hope that, though he has been written out of the story, Caranmîr mustn't die just yet. Maybe he has another adventure in front of him.

@Tomcat: I am very sorry. This is probably the best narrated and put together (online) game that I have been in (at least in a very long time). I feel very bad for not having been arround more often...

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Nico, I sent you a PM back, but to reiterate... it is not a problem. No need for apologies!  ;)

And all life responsibilities are more pressing than an RPG - so, take care of your needs and we will be here. As stated in my PM, if you can be here to play let me know, and I will edit my game narration.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 05, 2009, 10:19 AM
:ooc: Hey Nico, I sent you a PM back, but to reiterate... it is not a problem. No need for apologies!  ;)

And all life responsibilities are more pressing than an RPG - so, take care of your needs and we will be here. As stated in my PM, if you can be here to play let me know, and I will edit my game narration.

:ooc: Cool. It's a game of the imagination, anyway - I'm happy to hear that if Nico can play, we can re-adjust. After all, it's not like we'd be re-writing a ton of history here; it was just one post, really. The more the merrier, I say! :)