• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:43 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

CHAPTER 2: Moria

Started by tomcat, May 02, 2009, 07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

Gumbo stopped during his ascent of the stairs and getting his bearerings kneeled down and kissed the steps. Looking to the others he spoke solemly, "Here, upon this very spot the revenge of the house of Durin was sealed and Dain slew the foul orc Azog. Mark the spot well lest it be forgotten by time. If time allows I will tell you the tale of this deed."

Gumbo looked at the gate and then at the valley below and relived for a moment the battle that he fought there and smiled. "they will find me tougher prey this time." With that Gumbo donned his dwarven helm and threw back his cloak so that he finely wrought mail would show.

OOC: Dont elves automatically have night eyed 2?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Cut

May 24, 2009, 07:24 AM #16 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 07:28 AM by Cut
Caranmîr steps closer to the kneeling hobbit and touches the floor at the exact same space that the little warrior had marked.

Speaking some elvish words in a hushed voice, he marked the spot with the edge of his Quarterstaff.

[OOC: Caranmîr hasn't any game related stat that would allow him to do that, but it is something that I think would fit his character kind of well, and as it has no real game or rule effect I think it is okay, isn't it?]

Quote from: Telcontar on May 24, 2009, 07:20 AM
OOC: Dont elves automatically have night eyed 2?

[OOC] I had thought so myself but it turns out: Nah, we don't.

sdrotar

OOC: After some (not-so-welcome) surprise abdominal surgery that put me on my backside for the better part of a month, I'm on the mend and ready to hop back in here. So sorry I couldn't post... they, uh, frown on laptops in the hospital and when I got home, I wasn't allowed to sit up for waaaay too long, so basically, I was unhappily and totally offline. My apologies. Thank you all for bearing with me.

By the way, if GandalfOfBorg is up to it, I believe he should be the table leader. If he's not, or doesn't want to be, I'm happy to step in. Since he's been posting (and far more recently than I), I just thought I'd mention it. :)
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:arrow: [OOC:] Fine with me if Matt can take over, and has the time. Tom should be in Afghanistan by now and situated, so maybe by next week, he could take up the mantle as well.

Remember - table leader does not mean your character is 'leading', just means that you are going to be my main conveyance of directions and what to do's... of course, with other player input (which I hope the leader will do through PM's so everyone is part of the decision-making).

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 12, 2009, 07:30 AM
:arrow: [OOC:] Fine with me if Matt can take over, and has the time. Tom should be in Afghanistan by now and situated, so maybe by next week, he could take up the mantle as well.

Remember - table leader does not mean your character is 'leading', just means that you are going to be my main conveyance of directions and what to do's... of course, with other player input (which I hope the leader will do through PM's so everyone is part of the decision-making).

:ooc: Right; and I have no problem fulfilling those duties at all - I'm very happy to do it, and appreciate that my fellows here thought me a good choice for the role. I just wanted to ensure that if Matt or Tom, whom we had - and perhaps correctly - assumed had far more important matters to attend to, an "in" in case this role provided a bit of a respite of any kind. I know that gaming with all of you does for me.

Let's "keep on keeping on" until we hear there's any reason to do otherwise. I'll be around all summer, and now that I'm in one piece again, posting won't pose a problem.

tomcat

:ooc: Sounds cool, Shawn. Like I said on a different post, I am also back and ready to play, so I should have most stories updated with the weekend.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Sorry, no, I can't take them.  Wife's chemo has entered a new stage and requires frequent trips to the clinic along with work piling up.  I'm afraid I'd slow things down.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Jun 12, 2009, 06:41 PM
OOC: Sorry, no, I can't take them.  Wife's chemo has entered a new stage and requires frequent trips to the clinic along with work piling up.  I'm afraid I'd slow things down.

:ooc: Of course. I'll do my best to carry the torch. :) As always, all the best to you and your wife - we'll be thinking of you.

Telcontar

Jun 13, 2009, 01:19 AM #23 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2009, 09:19 AM by tomcat
OOC: in the A-stan but not quite situated yet. I'm looking forward though to sending Gumbo on great adventures.

[GM EDIT] Moved story text to the current thread.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18