• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 10:54 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Retribution - Round 1

Started by tomcat, Sep 11, 2008, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 11, 2008, 01:36 PM Last Edit: Sep 06, 2009, 06:03 PM by tomcat
"HO!" yelled Harizän the Easterling, and his wain immediately slowed upon the field. The giant man stepped from the back of the cart and its driver quickly spurred it forward. Battle raged around Harizän and two brave Ilanin soldiers rushed the Sagath warrior only to find their deaths - the second fell to his knees clutching the short spear that protruded from his gut.

Harizän continued to stride forward, towards Fengel who pressed his own horse towards the Easterling. The Sagath drew from his back, a large, terrible looking axe.

It was as if all the other combatants knew that there was about to commence a battle of import, and all separated to allow the two men to approach one another unhindered. Although combat did not stop, there was a new watchfulness, as if the results of this engagement could decide the day. From their place on the cliff, Durgil and Edrahil saw a hole open on the field and a lone horsemen with shining golden hair ride into it. Opposite him stood the giant that both knew to be the Easterling.

Dirnhael, parried an attack but kept averting his eyes back to where the two warriors were standing. He was close to his friend, but not close enough. He shoved the weight of his horse into a block of bodies, knocking them down, and rode over them to get into a position where he could aid Fengel if need arose.

"YOU HAVE THE EYES OF YOUR KIN! A LITTLE TREAT THAT I SEEM TO HAVE MISPLACED RECENTLY!" yelled Harizän. He laughed as he continued, "NO MATTER! SHE WAS USED UP FROM THE START ANYWAY!"

Fengel felt the rage rise within, but calmly sat atop his horse evaluating his enemy. He could see where the Sagath had taken an earlier wound, but had been crudely stitched. He also saw that Harizän's arms were miscoloured where scratches had been made. A thought came back to the Éothraim of what his sister had revealed, and what she had done to the Easterling. He did not care to think about what she had gone through to deliver her poisonous scratches. Lastly, Fengel saw that the Sagath had sweat upon his brow.

[OOC:] Man am I glad that the actual mass combat is on hold for a while! That took the wind out of my gaming sails!  ;) Anyway, the battle will continue narratively from here on out and it will be based on results of your actions... but I will reserve the right to perform one more mass combat round, if necessary.

I will need for Dirnhael to test against the Leader's Fate table from Round 5. I will also provide situational and physical modifiers as they arise... that is if Fengel takes the fight.

Harizän's initiative:
TN n/a Initiative +4
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+4: 2,5,+4 Total:11

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Initiative:
Roll(2d6)+3: 4,3,+3 Total:10

Fengel halted his steed and looked at the huge man coming toward him.  "You will not get the satisfaction of goading me", he thought as he slid from the saddle.  Fengel reset his shield and drew Cerduil as he began to walk toward the brute.  Not a word did he speak his eyes fixed upon his enemy.

tomcat

Sep 13, 2008, 05:54 PM #2 Last Edit: Sep 14, 2008, 06:24 AM by tomcat
The reaction from Harizän was completely opposite to that of Fengel - the Sagath's goading smile disappeared as he realized his opponent would not first spar words. The Easterling literally took it as an offense.

His face crunched into a sneer and with gritted teeth, and an angry war-shout, Harizän rushed the Éothraim. The large two-handed axe swung in ferocious arcs at Fengel.

Situation: Fengel and Harizän commence one-on-one melee

Situational Modifiers: Warrior-born abiltiy (+2 to all AC, RC, UC, for the duration of the battle). Fengel will get a +2 to his attacks due to Harizän's two-handed attacks, but Harizän's combat manoeuvres give him a +4 to damage.

I am granting the Pawn of Prophecy edge to Fengel for this combat session. What that allows you Paul is +20 points to add to ANY rolls (initiative, skill or damage) in any increment, as long as it is +2 or greater. This is in addition to any current COURAGE that your PC has (which is 3 points right now).

Harizän is standard hit points and wound levels.

Physical Modifiers:

Initiative:
Harizän - 11
Fengel - 10

Harizän spends one Courage to activate Warrior-born abiltiy (+2 to all AC, RC, UC, for the duration of the battle).

Harizän attacks Fengel
TN 11 AC +14, Specialty +2, Warwise +1, Weapon Mastery +3, Two-handed attacks +1, Masterwork Axe +1, Warrior-born +2= +24
Action 1 - Roll(2d6)+24: 6,6,2,+24 Total:38 [Damage if not parried -Roll(2d6)+11: 5,4,+11 Total:20 (may be adjusted by DOS)]
Action 2 - Roll(2d6)+24: 2,4,+24 Total:30 [Damage if not parried -Roll(2d6)+11: 5,6,+11 Total:22 (may be adjusted by DOS)]
Action 3 - Roll(2d6)+24: 1,4,+24 Total:29 [Damage if not parried -Roll(2d6)+11: 2,1,+11 Total:14 (may be adjusted by DOS)]

Sorry about that first roll, Paul... the dice fell and it was boxcars. This may be a real tough engagement.  :(
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

OOC: Question, just because its been so long, do I count the shield and Cerduil's parry bonus' together?

tomcat

[OOC:] Yes, the +3 is added into the parry roll.

Palandil

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 13, 2008, 05:54 PM
Situation: Fengel and Harizän commence one-on-one melee

Situational Modifiers: Warrior-born abiltiy (+2 to all AC, RC, UC, for the duration of the battle). Fengel will get a +2 to his attacks due to Harizän's two-handed attacks, but Harizän's combat manoeuvres give him a +4 to damage.

I am granting the Pawn of Prophecy edge to Fengel for this combat session. What that allows you Paul is +20 points to add to ANY rolls (initiative, skill or damage) in any increment, as long as it is +2 or greater. This is in addition to any current COURAGE that your PC has (which is 3 points right now).

Harizän is standard hit points and wound levels.

Physical Modifiers:

Initiative:
Harizän - 11
Fengel - 10

Harizän spends one Courage to activate Warrior-born abiltiy (+2 to all AC, RC, UC, for the duration of the battle).

Harizän attacks Fengel
TN 11 AC +14, Specialty +2, Warwise +1, Weapon Mastery +3, Two-handed attacks +1, Masterwork Axe +1, Warrior-born +2= +24
Action 1 - Roll(2d6)+24: 6,6,2,+24 Total:38 [Damage if not parried -Roll(2d6)+11: 5,4,+11 Total:20 (may be adjusted by DOS)]
Action 2 - Roll(2d6)+24: 2,4,+24 Total:30 [Damage if not parried -Roll(2d6)+11: 5,6,+11 Total:22 (may be adjusted by DOS)]
Action 3 - Roll(2d6)+24: 1,4,+24 Total:29 [Damage if not parried -Roll(2d6)+11: 2,1,+11 Total:14 (may be adjusted by DOS)]

Sorry about that first roll, Paul... the dice fell and it was boxcars. This may be a real tough engagement.  :(

This looks like trouble already.
Fengel tries to parry attacks:
AC+13; Longsword+2; parry+3
1st Attack TN38:Roll(2d6)+18: 3,6,+18 Total:27 plus 5PoP=33

2nd Attack TN30:Roll(2d6)+18: 5,3,+18 Total:26 plus 4PoP=30

3rd Attack TN29:Roll(2d6)+18: 6,6,+18 Total:30+Roll(1d6) 3,+30 Total:33
I'll have to finish this later.

sdrotar

Sep 15, 2008, 07:34 PM #6 Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008, 07:39 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Sep 11, 2008, 01:36 PM
I will need for Dirnhael to test against the Leader's Fate table from Round 5. I will also provide situational and physical modifiers as they arise... that is if Fengel takes the fight.

OOC: I have done so in the Round 5 thread - my apologies for the delay.

Dirnhael's eyes widened; Harizan was obviously much more dangerous than his men and he feared for Fengel.
He gripped Vorandur's hilt a little tighter and started to make his way to the battle's edge as quickly as he could.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Sep 16, 2008, 08:29 AM #7 Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008, 08:33 AM by tomcat
[OOC:]  ;D very cool guys! That was a great / much needed result on the 3rd parry Paul. Good job. I will give you some insight... Harizan does not have Swift Strike (2), so he is limited to 3 actions per round before penalty, so if you can get in on the initiative each round, you'll have a better chance. Also, don't forget you also have 3 COURAGE left.

Just so you all know, we have no electricity at home, due to Ike remnants, and so no means to reply here (I am writing this from my office). So, there may be a slight delay in follow-up posts. Good news is, they say we should have power back up tonight. Here's hopin'!

Palandil

Fengel attacks Harizan
AC+13; Spec.+2; +2bonus
4th Action:Roll(2d6)+17: 2,6,+17 Total:25

5th Action:Roll(2d6)+17: 3,6,+17 Total:24-5=21

I don't know Harizan's TN so I may want to add courage or PoP points.

tomcat

[OOC:] Harizän's Defence is 12...  ;) You hit him no problem.

Harizän attempts to parry Fengel
TN 25, 21 AC +14, Specialty +2, Warwise +1, Weapon Mastery +3, Masterwork Axe +1, Warrior-born +2, MAP -5 (-10)= +17
Action 4- Roll(2d6)+17: 1,5,+17 Total:23 +3 Courage SUCCESS
Action 5- Roll(2d6)+12: 1,3,+12 Total:16 +6 Courage SUCCESS

Harizän is out of Courage

Harizän snarled in reply to Fengel's attacks, but the warrior was hard pressed to defend himself.

Palandil

The swiftness of Harizan's attacks shook Fengel a bit as his axe found its mark.  Nevertheless Fengel stood his ground and swung Cerduil in return.  He knew that he was not equally matched, but by the sweat on Harizans forehead it would seem that Gleowyn's poison did have an effect on the brute.  Fengel hoped that this would give him an advantage sooner then later.

Initiative:Roll(2d6)+3: 2,4,+3 Total:9+3courage=12
I marked the courage point used.