• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:42 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Switchback encounter - round 2

Started by tomcat, Aug 20, 2008, 06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

init: Roll(2d6)+3:
6,5,+3
Total:14

Its probably their swiftness modifier Cut
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

[OOC:] Nico, are you asking where the +2 bonuses are coming from game mechanic-wise? Or are you asking how they are getting them included in their dice rolls?

If the former, then it is as Tom says... the Swiftness modifier is added to Initiative rolls.

If it is the latter, then you put a 2 in the little box on the dice roller and make sure the radio button is for '+' or '-', depending on the situation, and then click the dice icon or the roll button.

I hope this answers the question. I will have an update to this round in an hour or so... plus have the setup for round 3.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Cut

[OOC: The question was game - mechanic - wise. I had hoped that there might have been some (magic) effect in place, that I had overread. But I did indeed miss the swiftness modifier...I have added it before, but didn't do it this time. Funny enough: it is +2 with Caranmîr as well :)) which brings Caranmîr's initiative total up to eleven. Sorry for the fuzz...]

donimator

Init for next round for Turumarth
2d6+2 = 5,2 +2 = 9

tomcat

Aug 31, 2008, 08:13 AM #19 Last Edit: Aug 31, 2008, 08:31 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] Pretty long hour wasn't it... sorry. :|

Vári's battle-axe cleaved down into the paralyzed ghoul that lay on the ground, separating head from body in a nice clean stroke. The Dwarf now enraged turned on its fellow and swung his weapon back and forth in two vicious strokes.

Mewlip #2 attempts to parry Vári's attack:
TN 22, 24 Armed Combat (Claws) +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Injured -3, (MAP -5)
-------------------------
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+8: 6,6,4,+8 Total:24 SUCCESS [BOO-YAH! How about that roll! ;D ]
Action 3: Roll(2d6)+3: 5,6,+3 Total:14 FAILED [Can only last so long... damage is 14 /2 = 7; Injured (0) -3]

The mewlips attack back...

Mewlip 4 charges Bornoge

TN 12 Armed Combat (Claws) +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Charge +1, Wounded -5, (MAP -5)
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+7: 1,4,+7 Total:12 SUCCESS [Damage if not parried 8*1.5 = 12]
Action 3: Roll(2d6)+1: 1,3,+1 Total:5 FAILED

Mewlip 2 attacks Vári
TN 12 Armed Combat (Claws) +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Injured -3, (MAP -10)
Action 4: Roll(2d6)-2: 2,1,-2 Total:1 PATHETIC
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 31, 2008, 08:13 AM

Mewlip 2 attacks Vári
TN 12 Armed Combat (Claws) +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Injured -3, (MAP -10)
Action 4: Roll(2d6)-2: 2,1,-2 Total:1 PATHETIC

OOC: I don't need to roll on this, since it's an automatic success, right?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] Bornoge's actions that were posted in Round 3, for Round 2. I have adjusted the roll due to the multiple-action penalty that would be in affect for this round... let me know how many COURAGE you want to use on this one Rob.

Parry mewlip's first attack TN 12:
+2 shortsword, -2 untrained, +2 Nim, -5 MAP
Roll(2d6)-3: 6,1,-3 Total:4 [will take 3 Courage to be a success]

[OOC:] Hey Shawn, no, you do not need to roll anything here because the mewlip was unsuccessful in its attempt to hit you.

Roborob

OOC: whoops, forgot what round that would be in. Allright I will use the three courage and make the parry. And I will post my next action in round three