• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 09:58 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Switchback encounter - round 1

Started by tomcat, Aug 12, 2008, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 17, 2008, 11:25 AM #15 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2008, 11:32 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] Cool Matt, I corrected my post above.

Telcontar, you may want to jab the monster a couple times. They have Undead Stamina which reduces all natural damage by half, so your spear only did 4 points. I require either an enchanted blade or masterwork to overcome this natural ability with Mewlips.

Also, your +1 bonus mod comes when you use a Combat Maneuver of your choosing with that particular weapon (i.e. Defensive attack, or Sweep, etc.)

Lastly, if you want to send me the pic of your character avatar, I can resize it so it looks clearer on the boards.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

OOC: Can't I take the pluse one to Basic attack or does it have to be one of the others? Its listed with them so I thought that applied. (How do I send the avatar?)

Gumbo seeing that the spear was not doing as much damage as it should began to jab at the fallen creature until it ceased to move.

Attack Roll2 (2d6)+12:
1,3,+12+2 (target prone)
Total:18

DMGRoll(2d6)+3:
4,6,+3
Total:13

Attack Roll3 (2d6)+12:
6,2,+12+2 (target prone)
Total:22

DMG Roll(2d6)+3:
4,5,+3
Total:12
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Aug 18, 2008, 06:33 PM
OOC: Can't I take the pluse one to Basic attack or does it have to be one of the others? Its listed with them so I thought that applied. (How do I send the avatar?)

[OOC:] It is listed there... seems logical that you could take the bonus to it. Works for me, I will allow it. As far as the avatar, do you have the image on your PC? If so, e-mail it to me and I will get you all set up.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

[OOC]For when Turumarth's action comes up...unless the mewlips get to him first

Turumarth sees his companions arrayed to fight and chokes back the fear that arises from these Shadowspawn. Such foulness requires a strong hand.

Turumarth steps in front of the cart, trying to shield the pack horses from the approaching horror. He raises his staff in both hands over his head and begins to spin it slowly in a flat plane. His voice again takes on an otherworldly tone, deep and resonating with power...

The Gates of Morning will bathe you in their light,
Flee from the power of the Wise,
Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva! (The night is passing! Day shall come again!)

Turumarth casts Flame of Anor TN 10, Casting time - 2 actions
Weariness Test: +5 Willpower, +2 Secret Fire spell, +2 charm = +9
2d6+9 = 3,4 +9 = 16 Superior Success

A ball of light forms on the end of Turmarth's staff as the spinning slows. Brilliant and intense, it pushes back the night. He raises the staff high in two hands and brings it down sharply toward his target (closest mewlip, not engaged with a companion - please modify test result for range...and range increments?)

An intense beam streaks toward the target, cutting the night air.
Ranged Attack, +1 vs. TN ?
2d6+1 = 3,5 +1 = 9 (+ a Courage point or 2 to get a hit(?))

If hit, damage 5d6+5
5d6+5 = 6,3,1,3,3,+5 =21

tomcat

Laying on its back, the mewlip before Gumbo thrashed in an attempt to knock the halfling's spear attacks away. From above, two more of the mewlips leapt down to attack Nori and Gumbo.

Across the road, another of the ghouls charged towards the wagon. Bornoge had run to take up a position before the wain, while Caranmîr and Turumarth brought the attack to the foul creature.

An arrow flew from the Sylvan Elf's bow and struck the mewlip with apparently little effect. But then, a brilliant flash of light flared across the glade and knocked the undead backwards. It lay there, scrabbling at the air, its chest smoking from the magic.

Mewlip 1 attempts to parry Gumbo:
TN 20, 18, 22 Armed Combat (Claws) +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Wounded -5, (MAP -5,-10)
-------------------------
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+6: 4,5,+6 Total:15 FAILURE [8 damage /2 = 4... Wounded (4) -5]
Action 3: Roll(2d6)+1: 4,4,+1 Total:9 COMPLETE FAILURE [13 /2 = 7... Incapacitated (6) -7]
Action 4: Roll(2d6)-6: 2,2,-6 Total:-2 DISASTROUS FAILURE [12 /2 = 6... Near Death (9) -9]

Mewlip 4 attempts to dodge Caranmîr and Turumarth:
TN 15, 12 Dodge +3
Roll(2d6)+3: 4,5,+3 Total:12 FAILED [7 /2 = 4... Healthy (5)]
Roll(2d6)+3: 2,5,+3 Total:10 FAILED [21 damage... Injured (2) -3]

Mewlip 2 attacks Gumbo:
TN 12 Armed Combat (Claws) +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3
Only giving 1 Action this round, due to move: Roll(2d6)+11: 3,2,+11 Total:16 SUCCESS [Damage if not parried, Roll(1d6)+3: 5,+3 Total:8]

Mewlip 3 attacks Nori:
TN 12 Armed Combat (Claws) +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3
Only giving 1 Action this round, due to move: Roll(2d6)+11: 6,4,+11 Total:21 SUCCESS [Damage if not parried, Roll(1d6)+3: 4,+3 Total:7]

Just waiting on Nori's actions, but I will start the new round thread.

Telcontar

Gumbo attempts to dodge out of the way of the attack

Roll(3d6)+0:
6,6 (evasion best 2 of 3) +3 swiftness, +3 (dodge feat), -5 action penalty, +3 (extra sucess d6)
Total:16

OOC: damn. I'm going to use a point of courage to beat this. For futrue reference does a dodge count as a physical action?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Vári swallowed hard and followed his comrades into combat with the terrifying ghouls.

Vári's AC (Axe) skill+mods = +14, -2 Fear penalty = +12 total
OOC: Under normal circumstances, Vári would likely Charge, but given his fear, I'm going to be more tentative as he runs up to take some hacks.

ACTION 1: Close to AC range with mewlips.

ACTION 2: Attack closest mewlip.
Roll(2d6)+12:2,4,+12 Total:18
Damage if successful: Roll(2d6)+10:2,6,+10 Total:18

ACTION 3 (via Swift Strike Edge): Attack closest mewlip.
Roll(2d6)+12:1,1,+12 Total:14
OOC: Uh-oh...

Next Round Initiative:
Roll(2d6)+2:4,3,+2 Total:9, minus 2 Fear = 7
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Nori's great attack propelled him with too much momentum and he wasn't able to bring himself around to counter the attack by the ghoul.  Fortunately, his dwarf mail withstood the attack but his dwarf clothes didn't so much.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Aug 21, 2008, 07:38 AMOOC: damn. I'm going to use a point of courage to beat this. For futrue reference does a dodge count as a physical action?

[OOC:] Hey Tom, dodging does count as a physical action and does cost 1 action to perform. The only variance I have to game rules, is you do not have to declare your dodges at the beginning of any combat round. If you are struck by an opponent, you may then decide to Dodge, Block, or Parry. Mulitple Action Penalties will apply, but the results of the Dodge will still increase your static Defence to the better of the two for the rest of that round.

Any questions, give me a shout. I have marked your character sheet for the Courage point used.

Mewlip 3 attempts to parry Vári:
TN 18 Armed Combat (Claws) +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, MAP -5
Action 3: Roll(2d6)+6: 5,2,+6 Total:13 FAILURE [18 damage /2 = 9... Healthy (0) -0]

The second attack from Vári failed due to the double 1's penalty, which I rolled a 5 and brought the attack down to a 9.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 23, 2008, 09:14 PM
The second attack from Vári failed due to the double 1's penalty, which I rolled a 5 and brought the attack down to a 9.[/color]

OOC: Oh, right. Forgot about that. Thanks.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun