• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 11:21 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

SCENE 2: Dreams and shadows

Started by tomcat, Jul 25, 2008, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

Gumbo stopped and allowed the wagon to cath up to where he was. The dwarf was right, just because he came upon the party once didnt mean that he would do so again.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

[OOC:] I need all PC's to make a Wisdom test TN 14

Kori's Wisdom test
TN 14 Wisdom +1
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+1: 4,6,+1 Total:11 FAILED
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Cut

Wisdom test for Caranmîr TN14

2d6 + 2

Roll(2d6)+2:
4,2,+2
Total:8

Failure.

donimator

Turumarth's Wisdom test TN14

Wisdom +2,
2d6+2 =2,2 +2 = 6 failed

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 08, 2008, 07:21 AM
[OOC:] I need all PC's to make a Wisdom test TN 14

Vári Wisdom roll (TN 14), Wisdom: +2
Roll(2d6)+2: 5,5,+2 Total:12 - FAIL

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

Roll(2d6)+2:
1,2,+2
Total:5
FAIL
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Aug 08, 2008, 07:28 PM #36 Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008, 07:38 PM by tomcat
With their noses pointed west, they continued on at a hurried pace. It had been a silent, but mutual consensus that the woods - or this particular area - be left quickly behind. Once the company completed the day's travel, they should only have another two or three days left within the forest.

Gumbo still led the group but had migrated back onto the road proper. He moved at a quick pace for such a short fellow, yet was ever vigilant to their surroundings. The chopping of the axeman had faded off some miles back and all felt good that they may at last have left behind the bewithced patch of woods.

The road made a quick turn ahead as it angled first left and then back right, weaving up a rather steep embankment. The road cut between large outcroppings of stone but was certainly wide enough for the wagon to pass. The sight of it gave Gumbo pause - he did not like the looks of the switchback. It lent an advantage to any potential robbers that might want to ambush a merchant wain that was traveling by.

Behind him, Nori brought the wagon to a halt and the other party members looked about trying to discern something that the hobbit may have seen. Shadows from the fading day, made deeper by the cloud cover, were heavy over the rocky climb. What was worse, a fog began to rise from the wet forest floor.

[OOC:] A quick question to get players input re: test rolls... would it speed up our game for you all if I made rolls for your characters for simple tests (i.e. like the wisdom test I needed above) that may play part in the story, but have no immediate impact. Also, would you like me to roll your Observe tests and then tell you what you see based on success of failure?

I will post all PC results, and if any player wishes to spend a courage on a test, you can let me know.

Or do you guys like doing this for yourselves? Either way is fine with me, but I do not want to hold up the game too much for everyone to post their rolls. Am I making sense? Let me know... because I need another test:

Please roll a Perception test TN 10.

Kori's Perception test
TN 10 Perception +0
Roll(2d6)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 FAILED
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Aug 08, 2008, 07:49 PM #37 Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008, 07:51 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Aug 08, 2008, 07:28 PM

[OOC:] A quick question to get players input re: test rolls... would it speed up our game for you all if I made rolls for your characters for simple tests (i.e. like the wisdom test I needed above) that may play part in the story, but have no immediate impact. Also, would you like me to roll your Observe tests and then tell you what you see based on success of failure?

I will post all PC results, and if any player wishes to spend a courage on a test, you can let me know.

Or do you guys like doing this for yourselves? Either way is fine with me, but I do not want to hold up the game too much for everyone to post their rolls. Am I making sense? Let me know... because I need another test:

OOC: I have no problems with that whatsoever - in fact, I think it's a very good idea.
By the way, if no one else made that Wisdom roll, Vári will spend a Courage point to succeed.

Perception Roll (TN 10)
Roll(2d6)+2: 1,2,+2 Total:5 - FAIL
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Cut

Caranmîr's perception roll TN10 vs 2d6+1

Roll(2d6)+1:
3,6,+1
Total:10

[OOC: I actually made it this time :) As for your idea, Tomcat, I'm fine with it. It would most likely speed up the game a bit and although I'd never would willingly give up a dice roll in the real world (as I am just to good at rolling 2d6 *g*, I'd be happy to have you roll 'unimportant' ones for me.]

tomcat

[OOC:] Cool - that's two. I think we will get a consensus, but here is an example of how I will post it. It includes your roll results above, and I am rolling for the others right now, too. We will keep the results for everyone unless I get a overwhelmingly negative response from the others.

Again, I will allow you guys to use Courage on any results, you'll just need to tell me before your narrative.

Perception test
TN 10 Perception tbd
Kori - Roll(2d6)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 FAILED
Vári - Roll(2d6)+2: 1,2,+2 Total:5 FAILED
Caranmîr - Roll(2d6)+1: 3,6,+1 Total:10 SUCCESS
Gumbo - Roll(2d6)+1: 1,3,+1 Total:5 FAILED
Beren - Roll(2d6)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 FAILED
Bornoge - Roll(2d6)+2: 3,3,+2 Total:8 FAILED
Nori - Roll(2d6)+2: 4,2,+2 Total:8 FAILED
Turumarth - Roll(2d6)+2: 5,5,+2 Total:12 SUCCESS

Both the Elf and Mage were unsure about this place. There was something evil before them... they knew it. But what was it?

Telcontar

(OOC: I am all about you rolling th mundane rolls so as to get to the heart of the story and adventure. i have played this way before and find it speeds things up considerably.

Gumbo did not like this one bit. After the incident with the woods be had not liked Mirkwood at all. He still was not convinced that on the other side of this defile they would come across one of their previous campsites. He looked at the group and pointed to the woodman. He motioned for him to head up the left side of the rocks, while Gumbo took the right. He then motioned for the group to stay there until he told them it was clear or would require their aid.

With that he flashed is smile and headed off in the direction that he indicated attempting to melt into the woods again.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

donimator

Turumarth makes it known that something seems wrong with the trail ahead.

"It may only be a bad feeling at the end of a long day, but I feel caution is needed if we proceed. Some should try to take to the higher ground and flush out trouble before it finds us trapped below."

[OOC]I'm in favour of having you roll the mundane stuff, tomcat. A great timesaver in PbP.

Roborob

Bornoge nodded at Gumbo's motions, and moved up the left outcropping of stone as stealthily as he could, looking and listening for any disturbance.

Cut

Aug 09, 2008, 11:38 PM #43 Last Edit: Aug 09, 2008, 11:44 PM by Cut
As Turumath spoke to the companions the Elf nods. "I do feel very much the same. There is something disturbing and dangerous about the place, but, as our honoured mage here, I can not tell you more abouot it. I am sorry. I advice continuing with great caution, trying to expect the unexpected."

With these words, Caranmîr graps his staff tighter and braces himself for the things that might come.

Then he turned silently to the Mage: "Do you think we could offer our sneaky friends some kind of distraction? Could we use magic, to spring the trap, that might be hidden in the passage?"

[OOC: Does Turumarth have any spell we could use to trigger any ambush that might lay in wait for us? I have checked my spells, and there is noting amongst them we could use. Maybe "Wizard's hand", moving a boulder in the pass and let it drop, to see what will happen. That is what I could try, anyway.
What do you (guys) think?]

tomcat

[OOC:] I am going to give it until tomorrow for the party to answer Caranmir, but otherwise there will be a game update then. Too tired tonight and last night to add anything new. (see my latest post in my Chronicles of the North game as to why.)