• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 01:23 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New day and... new ally??

Started by tomcat, Jun 28, 2008, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

[OOC:] Turumarth does not sense any direct power from Bornoge, but he does get a faint feeling of cold from a direction far to the south...
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Kori spoke, "You are welcome to rest amongst us, and you'll find no danger here, lest you bring it yourself. Now... speak your name so we know what to call you and you'll get ours in reply."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

The lack of sleep, the fight, and now the impudence of the stranger to their camp has put Nori right out of his surly mood and into a mood one could only term as 'worse than surly'.  " 'Little', I'll show you 'little'," the young dwarf grumbled.  He acquiesced not one iota even with his uncle's allowance to the stranger.  My eyes will not stray from you until the cock crows, he swore silently.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Gumbo smiled at Nori's distress, "I believe he is talking to me." Gumbo went back to his shelter, however this time he used a pieice of dead fall to brace up the tarp so that his spear would be ready should the need arise.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

The need for rest greater than the need for caution, Turumarth gives only a cursory, "Greetings", before retiring for what is left of the night.

{OOC} do we need 'sleeping in rough' tests? If so, below:

Rest: TN 5 (+2 sleeping on ground) - TN 7
TN 7 Stamina +1, -2 Tired
Roll: Roll(2d6)-1: 4,5,-1 Total: 8 Complete success - Weariness removed for next day(?)

{OOC} Also...is that enough for one Courage point to be regained?

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Don, due to the weariness of the Company, you guys will sleep soundly no problem, so thanks for the test roll, but it's not necessary this time.

And your other question... yes, everyone will regain one Courage point for the night's sleep. In fact, because I am going to do another narrative of days traveling with the end of the dialogue between you guys and the Bornoge, you can mark all Courage restored. Also, if anyone was wounded, which I do not think they were, may restore up to 4 hit points.

Lastly, that faint cold you felt from your spell-casting is just a whisper of the power sensed from Dol Guldur - just in case you were wondering. Turumarth may not realize it (in other words, this is out of character info), unless you want him to try and put it together via Lore tests and the like. Your choice there... I will have a new post up later today.

Telcontar

OOC: Tomcat, I do want to try and find that trolls hoard so please keep that in mind when you do the post.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

[OOC:] No problem man, I will keep that in mind.

The morning broke with a bright sun shining over the eastern horizon. Its golden light lit the heights of the Misty Mountains that could just be perceived in the far distance. There was a warmth to the wind and it felt like spring was finally making its presence.

The Company was not disturbed for the rest of the evening, and though they had watched their new acquaintance, he did no more than bother them with his raucous snores. Those who woke late were greeted with the pleasant scent of bacon frying in a pan and Kori tending it.

The nightmare of the evening past was also present - the large dead spider lay not far from the camp, its long legs drawn in to it thorax. There was also the remains of ole Gar laying in the opposite direction from the camp. Both were a shadow of the darkness that was yet to come.

"Rise and shine, lads," said Kori. "We have another long day to travel and the intrusions on our rest last night did not help. So make a quick sup and let's be on our way."

GandalfOfBorg

Nori grabbed some grub and scarfed it down with ravenous zeal.  He kept to himself, typical of him, pondering on what they might find in the lair of the old troll.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Roborob

Bornoge woke up feeling better and refreshed. After grabbing a bite to eat from Kori, he sat down and watched the company going about, packing up and tending the ponies. He laughed saying, "You carry too many things, I've wandered these woods for 10 years with only my hands and what I can carry on my back" Bornoged walked over to his things he set down the night before. "I want to check out this troll you are all referring to, I've seen many in these woods over the years and they can have useful things hidden away in their caverns. Could someone show me what exactly occurred last night? I believe I might be able to help."

sdrotar

Jul 02, 2008, 07:39 PM #25 Last Edit: Jul 04, 2008, 01:34 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: Roborob on Jul 02, 2008, 06:46 PM
Bornoge woke up feeling better and refreshed. After grabbing a bite to eat from Kori, he sat down and watched the company going about, packing up and tending the ponies. He laughed saying, "You carry too many things, I've wandered these woods for 10 years with only my hands and what I can carry on my back" Bornoged walked over to his things he set down the night before. "I want to check out this troll you are all referring to, I've seen many in these woods over the years and they can have useful things hidden away in their caverns. Could someone show me what exactly occurred last night? I believe I might be able to help."

Vári harrumphed loudly at Bornoge's mention of "useful things hidden away in their caverns".
"A scrounger, a mercenary," he thought. "Just what we don't need."
Then he realized the half of the Company was probably there for the same reason, and a dour look passed across his face.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Cut

Caranmîr had spend most of the night thinking, sitting close by the fire and watching the companions sleep. When the sun set and Kori started the breakfast preparations, Caranmîr had made up his mind. He would follow the path he had chosen with the company. That newcomer seemed to be an interesting fellow indeed, so he was eagerly awaiting for the new day to unfold. He tried some of the beacon Kori had in heated in his frying pan and then packed his few things, keeping the Quarterstaff in hand as a walking stick. He then started towards the spot, were the Troll's body was resting.

Telcontar

"Well Woodman we have a long way to go, we are not simply wandering in the forest. Many eventualities may pass before our journey is done. The troll lies over there, he came out of the night looking for the ponies to eat calling himself Old Gar. His villany will trouble this wood no longer." Gumbo went about packing up his equipment and careing for his gear and then sat himself down and ate his breakfast.
"Captain, do we have time to back track this troll and see what can be found. If there is any coin it will help us if we require anything from the Woodmen scattered along the eaves of the forest and the Free men settled in the vales of the Anduin. I'll go with a few of the company to check it out."

Gumbo put his armour on and slung his shield placing all of his gear back on the wagon. With his helmet under his arm he awaited the decision of the party leader. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Bornoge and Caranmîr made their way to the outskirts of the encampment to where old Gar's body lay. Except for the change in skin hue, due to the loss of blood, the troll's body looked as it had the night prior.

Gar was a typical-looking beast with rounded, soft-looking features, as if it had been formed from clay but unfinished. It also gave him an oafish look in life, but now the slackness of his form made him look more like the earth upon which the body lay. Both the Elf and Man were suddenly surprised, as the creeping sunlight edged past them and touched the troll's body, turning it to stone.

In the camp, Kori looked at Gumbo and the same excited look crossed his face, "We'll find that troll hole, Gumbo. I promise you!"

Telcontar

Gumbo began to smile as he looked at the dwarf. He loved there company, many thought them dour and stand offish, but when you knew them there were no finer adventuring companions. "Yes, let's see what fortune has in store for us. But we should leave a guard here on the wagon and animals. Now that it is day light our danger is lessened and any pther trolls who dwell with him will not come out into the light of day." Gumbo shifted his helm to rest beneath the other arm, "Woodman, you know these places better than i can you track him back to his liar? Beren, Vari, come let us see what we can find. "
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear