• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:35 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New day and... new ally??

Started by tomcat, Jun 28, 2008, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 28, 2008, 05:16 PM Last Edit: Jun 28, 2008, 05:18 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] I am assuming that Bornoge is not being quiet about his questions, right?

I am not going to require any tests to hear the new arrival, so feel free to respond as you wish.

[Dialogue from the last post in Round 4...]

"Yes, uncle," Nori gruffly acknowledged.  He then set about to dote upon his heirloom that had aided him so faithfully as it had his ancestors.  Finished with that task, he dispatched the spider carcass away from the camp and took care of his things that had been splattered with the ichor of the oversized arachnid.

As Bornoge ran towards the sounds of the encounter, he was surprised to hear the noise of battle cease.  He said aloud to himself, " I wonder what could have silenced that beast?"

When he finally did get close enough to the campsite to see what had happened his question wasn't answered. "What happened here?" he said out loud again to himself, standing in the trees near the edge of the camp.

Kori was bedding dow once more, when he heard a voice. It was not one that he was familiar with and he opened an eye to look about.

"What now," he wondered, as a great yawn took him.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"Halt!" cries Nori, caught unawares while cleaning up and attempting to make up for his lack of awareness during his watch.  "Who are you?  What are you doing here?!"  He immediately grabs for his trusted axes and takes up a defensive posture in front of the newcomer.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Roborob

[OOC:] yeah, tomcat that's fine

Bornoge looked a little taken back at the dwarf's response. "Well, Well, Well..." he paused, "Dwarves in Mirkwood?" he pondered aloud. Taking a few more steps into the camp he paused and looked about. " I had heard that dwarves make a cleaner camp than the Men of Mirkwood, yet yours looks like a troll ran through!" Bornoge chuckled.  "And from the noises that awoke me, I feel like that might not be too far off." He leans on a long club and looks down at the dwarf.

tomcat

Jun 29, 2008, 10:29 AM #3 Last Edit: Jun 29, 2008, 10:31 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] Hey Rob, if you see the dead troll lying there, or if anyone mentions the name Old Gar, you may give me a Lore: History (Mirkwood) or Lore: Region (Mirkwood) test TN 12 to see if you knew the name and the location of his cave.

To see the troll's body, you'll need to have to develop a bit of rapport with the Company (which will require roleplaying) to be able to move about the camp and look around.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Gumbo after hearing no comments from the others concerning his words gave them the adequate time to sink in before continuing with the subject. Hearing the man speak to the came his hand was back upon his short sword,
"What is your bussiness here and if there are any others have them show themselves. The troll is dead."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Turumarth froze when he heard the voice from the woods. Caught next to the full light of the fire, he willed himself to concentrate on the source. His previous spell expired, he longed for the illumination it gave him and the comfort of the power overhead.

Before he was aware himself, his hands began to motion with precision, the words of magic flowed to his lips...

"Man eneth lín..." {who are you}
"O man dôr túliel le..." {where are you from}

{Turumarth casts Sense Power}
Weariness TN: 5
Roll modifiers: +5 Willpower, -2 Tired
Roll: 2,4 +3 = 9 (success)
(Range 80 feet)

The spell brought focus and quiet and let him concentrate on the sound, filtering out the night calls of animals, the wind moving branches. He searched through the sensation of power flowing from the very woods itself for anything stronger, be it friend or foe...

Observe (Sense Power) Test
Target TN: 15 - (Elf-friend?), 20 - (Silvan elf?)
Roll modifiers: Skill +5, Specialty +2, extra spell pick +3, -2 Tired --> +8
Roll: 2,3 +8 = 13 (anything?)

Cut

Jun 30, 2008, 06:17 AM #6 Last Edit: Jun 30, 2008, 07:20 AM by Cut
Caranmîr moves slowly to stand at the side of the mage, being careful not to disrupt the spell the man was about the cast. Doing this, the Elf hefted his Staff, ready to strike if the stranger was to lunge at the human mage. All the while Caranmîr is not taking an openly aggressive stance towards the newcomer.  His gaze fixe the eyes of the wild looking man. Finally his curiousity gets the better of him and he approaches the newcomer. "My name is Caranmîr" he says, "and as you can see, there are not only Dwarves in Mirkwood this night. Before we tell you if there has been a Troll involved in the recent mayhem may I inquire who you are?"

Roborob

Jun 30, 2008, 08:33 AM #7 Last Edit: Jun 30, 2008, 08:38 AM by Roborob
Bornoge says, "I doubt that I am as quick of wit as you master Caranmîr. Yet I am not about to go revealing my proper name for all to hear." Speaking louder to everyone, "When you give me your names, I shall give you mine. Though I swear that I have no intention of doing any of you harm" He then added, speaking more to himself the the company, "Even if your little ruckus here did wake me up"

[OOC: What was Gumbo trying to say? Sorry Telcontar, but i couldn't understand it]

Telcontar

"Are there more with you lurking about?"
"This is not a tea party to be passing pleasantries at, but night time on a dangerous road. Hospitality is not what it would be under the light of day, so state your bussiness."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Roborob

"Well, I will admit that I am alone here, master dwarf" Bornoge said. "And I have no business here, other than to discover what awoke me from my rest down the road. Mirkwood is a dangerous place these days, and I would think you dwarves, pardon me master Caranmîr,  would have a sense not to try to pass through the forest without adequate knowledge of the dangers."

GandalfOfBorg

Eying the newcomer with much suspicion, Nori stands his ground.  "The payment required to receive the rest of our names," gives a sideways glance to Castamir, "is your own for we are many and you are one who is intruding upon our own camp in the dead of night."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Cut

Caranmîr noticed the glimpse that Nori casts his way. He catched the eye of the Dwarf and firmly looked him in the eyes. Not wanting to stirr up further trouble within the company, Caranmîr gives Nori a slight, almost invisible nod as aknowledgement of the hinted critisim.   

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Jun 30, 2008, 01:42 PM
Eying the newcomer with much suspicion, Nori stands his ground.  "The payment required to receive the rest of our names," gives a sideways glance to Castamir, "is your own for we are many and you are one who is intruding upon our own camp in the dead of night."

Vári sidled up to Nori, arms crossed before his chest and nodding.
He figured the man was either an innocent or a fool, for walking into an armed camp alone often spelled a quick ending for either.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

"Our knowledge of said dangers makes us suspicious of strangers. You could have passed by our camp or ignored it, but instead here you are by our fire. If these are noble intentions then state them, if its curiosity then the dead troll is over there," Gumob waves his hand, " and you can have your fill and move on. If you're a lone woodman, and you seem to be by your look, then surley some danger or event has driven you into the woods and with the leave of our Captain you may share our fire this night and any other that takes you along the same road as us if your intentions be true."

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Roborob

"Well little dwarf" Bornoge chuckled, "I think it would only be fair to me if you were to allow me to finish my rest by allowing me to sleep in you camp until morning." He added, "Of course I do not ask you to trust me blindly, and I will lay down my arms; however insignificant they are compared to your shiny swords and axes."  Bornoge stepped forward and set down a bag with five javelins visibly sticking out of it, his cane-like club, and then 2 small knives. He then held up a flask and shook it saying to no-one in particular, "Even though I doubt you will kill me while I rest, if you do, do not try to drink or eat what is in here. I would not wish the whole contents of this flask onto even an orc. But should I live to see daylight, I would like to have a look at that troll you claim to have killed." Bornoge then takes a step backward from his belongings, palms outward in a sign of surrender.