• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 11:11 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

SCENE 1: Mirkwood

Started by tomcat, May 07, 2008, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

May 29, 2008, 06:52 PM #30 Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:16 PM by tomcat
Observe (Spot) Skill +5, Specialty +2, Weary -1, total roll modifier +6)
TN 12 (base) (Night Eyed II, +2 sleeping) -> 14

Roll(2d6)+6:
4,4,+6
Total:14

OOC: If this makes it:

"FIRE AND FOES AWAKE!"

iniative: Roll(2d6)+2:
5,5,+2
Total:12

Gumbo Draws his short sword that was next to him while he slept (as indicated earlier) as a free action (quick draw).
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Cut

Quote from: tomcat on May 29, 2008, 07:39 AM
With

[OOC:]
Caranmîr needs to give me a (Dim Lighting) Observe (See) test TN 12 to notice the spider in the tree above the Company. He may also give me an Observe (Hear) test TN 10 to notice Gar's approach.

Caranmîr's Observe (See) test

TN 12 (+5 Dim Lighting) = TN 19

Observe (see) + 6 (including Keen Eyed bonus)

Roll(2d6)+6:
4,5,+6
Total:15

Caranmîr's Observe (Hear) test TN 10

Roll(2d6)+8:
5,4,+8
Total:17

Cut

Sitting near the fire, Caranmîr used the light that comes off the flames to iluminate his journal. Altough his eyes are keen, he doesn't see anything, whenever he gazes into the darkend woods surrounding the party's camp.

But then suddenly Caranmîr becomes stiff, when he hears something. The same moment other members of the party are stirred by the noise and wake up. Caranmîr raises from his place near the fire. He carefully drops his journal and picks up his bow and places an arrow on the string.

Initiative: 2d6 +2

Roll(2d6)+2:
4,4,+2

Total:10

Elrohir

Beren had been quiet most of night, the excitement of the adventure wearing down causing it.  He heard Gumbo's yell in the middle of his sleep and he was instantly awake.  With only a brief pause, he draws his sword and readies himself for an attack.

Initiative:
Roll(2d6)+0:
3,3,+0
Total:6+4(swiftness)=10

GandalfOfBorg

TN 14 Observe (Spot) - Roll(2d6)+7: 4,5,+7-3 Total:13
TN 12 Observe (Hear) - Roll(2d6)+5: 3,4,+5 Total:12
Initiative - Roll(2d6)+2: 4,6,+2 Total:12

Nori tossed and turned, unable to sleep this eve; something bothered him enough to keep his mind awake no matter how weary his body.  Then it all came together at once at the same time the halfling cried the alarm: he didn't notice it at first, but there was a large, dark form near the halfling as well as the heavy trodding of great feet upon the earth.  He grabbed his family heirloom and stood ready for action.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

[OOC:] I appreciate everyone making an initiative roll automatically - that will be a good standard for all encounters - but your Observe tests were to make sure you guys were not completely surprised and would be ambushed, thus restricted to no actions this round.

Since you guys were successful, you may all act but it will be as follows:

• Those who made a successful Observe roll may act with 2 actions, but Old Gar and Spindel will have lead initiative.
  • Those who did not have a successfull Observe may act with 1 actions, but Old Gar and Spindel will have lead initiative.

Kori's Observe (See) test:
TN 14 Observe +3, Specialty +2, Dim Lighting -2
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+3: 4,4,+3 Total:11 FAILED

Kori's Observe (Hear) test:
TN 12 Observe +3
Roll(2d6)+3: 1,2,+3 Total:6 FAILED

Kori's initiative:
TN n/a Swiftness +3
Roll(2d6)+2: 5,3,+2 Total:10
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Elrohir

May 31, 2008, 10:54 AM #36 Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:18 PM by tomcat
OOC:Forgot to make an observe test...
Observe (spot) TN=12+5(darkness)+2(Sleep)-5(Night eyed)=14
Roll(2d6)+0:
5,6,+0
Total:11+2(ranks)+2(specialty), Tired -2=13(Failed)

tomcat

[OOC:] You guys need to remember your weariness (and wound) modifiers on tests. Check your post above to see if I made any changes in red.

Caranmir's weariness factor was negated due to the meditation he got prior to taking watch.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Jun 03, 2008, 09:03 AM #38 Last Edit: Jun 04, 2008, 05:30 PM by tomcat
OOC: Sorry I haven't been around, everyone. My real-life job involves covering the Stanley Cup and NBA Playoffs, and when both are going on at the same time, I'm working insane hours. I apologize for the inconvenience, and you can count on my full participation from this day forward. Thanks for understanding.

Observe Test: (TN 12 - no darkness penalty due to Night-Eyed Edge)
Vári's skill: +6
Roll(2d6)+6:6,3,+6 Total:15 - SUCCESS

Vári had kept to himself thus far; he had been alone for so long that he found it surprisingly difficult to insert himself into the conversation. But he listened intently, and was learning to like his new companions; good folk who were obviously more knowledgeable about the ways of the world then he. He found it quite enlightening... and thought that eventually, he might ask the Hobbit, Gumbo, for some of his pleasant-smelling leaf to smoke when he had something to give in return.

He had decided that it was time to collect some rest in this accursed forest, and as he laid his head down upon his pack as a makeshift pillow, he noticed a dark shape; large and horrifying, moving silently through the tree limbs above.

He leapt to his feet and in an urgent whisper, he called to the rest: "Spider!"
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun