• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:38 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 5 - Blood night

Started by tomcat, May 04, 2008, 03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

May 04, 2008, 03:19 PM Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 04:14 PM by tomcat
Situation: Edrahil, Dirnhael and Fengel are evading a falling building; Durgil stands alone against 2.

Situational Modifiers: Rain and dark cause a -7 penalty to all physical actions (traits and abilities will reduce this penalty)

The Sagath warriors are 5 HIT opponents with wound penalties based on the number of hits:

Physical Modifiers:

Initiative:
Durgil - 11
Sagath - 11
Fengel - n/a
Edrahil - n/a
Dirnhael - n/a
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

May 04, 2008, 04:10 PM #1 Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 04:14 PM by GandalfOfBorg
Initiative - (6+3)+2=11

Durgil kicks the man off of his blade.  The Dunadan was drenched, soaked to the bone.  He stood there, rain-soaked hair dripping in his eyes while the fresh blood dripped from the tip of the blade to be mixed with the mud of the street.  He could almost hear the blade laugh with delight at taking the life of the man.  Looking up, he sees the other two skid to a halt themselves, dumbfounded at the spectacle.  "Did you hear that?" he queried, referring to the crash in the night.  Pointing the blade at them, "That is your doom calling if you step forward any further.  If either of you value your meager lives, you will depart from here and return to your families.  Tell them what you have seen.  Tell them to return to the West in arms is to march to your death.  You tell them that -- you tell all of them that!  Mark my face for I have of yours; if we should meet again in arms, I will not be so merciful.  This is your only chance."

Intimidate (Power) - (6+1)+6+2=15
OOC: I will use a Courage point if it will help.

Initiative - (5+4)+2=11
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey guys... sorry for the delay! I came down with a chest and head cold last week and it is really knocking the wind out of my sails. The meds make me all balloon-headed and I can't seem to generate any creative juices at the moment. I am gonna try for the new post tomorrow... keep a look out.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

May 12, 2008, 04:58 PM #3 Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 05:00 PM by tomcat
Easterling's oppose Intimidation:
TN 15 Willpower +1, Strength in numbers +2*
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+3: 3,5,+3 Total:11 FAILED

The two remaining easterners fell backwards, slipping in the mud as the Dúnadan noble approached them, his bloodied sword at the ready and his voice booming in the rain. The ancient lineage revealed itself in the young man and he stood tall and proud, as his Númenórean forefathers had so long ago. The site was too much for the simple men of Rhûn and they slipped about as each tried to regain his feet.

Leaving weapons behind, the two warriors ran off into the darkness and Durgil wondered their fate... surely they could not now return to Harizän. He hoped they would abide his words and take his warning back to their homeland.

Durgil turned and once more began his trek to the mayor's keep.

Dirnhael felt himself being lifted and the Dúnadan's eyes flew open, his arms reaching about for his weapon. He was sure that he would see Koskas' evil red eyes glaring over him. Instead, it was just a familiar shadow - that of Fengel helping him from the rubble.

Memory quickly returned for Dirnhael and the image of the collapsing building came back in his mind. The warrior allowed his friend to sit him up and then both stood, each on wobbly feet. They then looked back to the wreckage of the building and wondered where was Edrahil.

Scurrying over the piles of stones, Fengel found the Sindar buried under timber and bricks. They both began to dig their friend out, hoping that he still lived.

Palandil

Fengel pulled frantically at the broken building, then he remembered Edrahil's strange power to hear his friends thoughts.  He began to call out to Edrahil in his mind hoping that the mage would respond, all the while pulling stone and timber away.

Initiative: Roll(2d6)+3: 3,1,+3 Total:7