• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 04:58 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 2 - Blood night

Started by tomcat, Apr 11, 2008, 07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 11, 2008, 07:13 PM Last Edit: Apr 16, 2008, 03:03 PM by tomcat
Situation: Edrahil, Dirnhael and Fengel are under attack by Koskas and 3 servants; Durgil stands alone against 3.

Situational Modifiers: Rain and dark cause a -7 penalty to all physical actions (traits and abilities will reduce this penalty)

Koskas is standard health points; the Sagath warriors are 5 HIT opponents and the warg is a 6 HIT opponent, both with wound penalties based on the number of hits:

1 HITno effect
2 HITS-1 penalty
3 HITS-3 penalty
4 HITS-5 penalty
5 HITSDead / -7 penalty
6 HITSDead

Physical Modifiers: Warg has 3 Hits

Initiative:
Fengel - 14
Koskas - 10
Edrahil - 9
Warg - 8
Durgil - 7
Sagath - 7
Dirnhael - 5
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Apr 12, 2008, 06:28 AM #1 Last Edit: Apr 12, 2008, 09:16 AM by Palandil
Action 1:Attack Warg
AC+8; Nim+1; Spec+2; Cerduil+1; Warwise+3; Night-eyed +2; Weather -7
Roll(2d6)+10: 5,3,+10 Total:18

Action 2:Attack Warg
Roll(2d6)+10: 4,2,+10 Total:16

Action 3:Attack Warg
Roll(2d6)+10: 4,2,+10 Total:16

Knowing that the vile werewolf was a voe to be reckoned with, Fengel swung Cerduil again hopping to dispatch the warg quickly, that he may aid Dirnhael.  Then again he saw Edrahil had his hands quite full as well.  Gritting his teeth he pressed the attack.

sdrotar

OOC: I suspect, given my awful Initiative (5), that I'll be defensive this round - I'll wait for Koskas' actions to compete before making a combat maneuver.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Init - (3+2)+2-7

Durgil continues to run.

Strength - (6+2)+0=8

Init - (3+1)+2=6
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

[OOC:] Okay, first let's start with the foot race...

Sagath run after Durgil:
TN 8 Run +1
-------------------------
Full-round Action: Roll(2d6)+1: 1,5,+1 Total:7 FAILED [Durgil gets 2 lengths ahead]

Warg attempts to Dodge:
TN 18, 16, 18 Swiftness +4, Dodge+3, Jump affinity +1, Night-eyed +5, weather -7, Wounded -3, (MAP -5) = +6
Action 1: Roll(2d6)+3: 4,5,+3 Total:12 FAILED [HIT 4]
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+3: 1,3,+3 Total:7 FAILED [HIT 5]
Action 3: Roll(2d6)-2: 2,1,-2 Total:1 FAILED [HIT 6 - Dead]

Koskas casts Blast of Sorcery at Dirnhael
TN 10, Willpower +5, Resolute +1, Strong-willed +2, Magician's charm +1, Multiple casting -3
Action 1-2: Roll(2d6)+6: 5,4,+6 Total:15 SUCCESS [need to make a Ranged combat test vs. TN 11; if successful, inflicts 5d6+5 damage]

Koskas Ranged Combat at Dirnhael
TN 11, Ranged Combat +6, Night-eyed +5, Weather -7
Roll(2d6)+4: 4,6,+4 Total:14 SUCCESS [Roll(5d6)+5: 4,5,6,2,1,+5 Total:23 damage if not Dodged]

More to follow with Edrahil's and the Sagath's attacks...

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

ACTION 1: Dodge (TN 14); Dodge +2, Evasion Order Ability (roll 3d6, keep the best 2), Weather -7 = -5
OOC: Uh-oh...
Roll(3d6)-5: 2,3,6,-5 - Count 6,3 - Total:4

OOC: Since Vorandur grants a +5 to Courage instead of the usual +3, I need to burn 2 Courage points to get this result to 14 and not lose almost three wound levels in one shot - yikes!

Dirnhael had only had a moment to see it coming; a bright miasma of fell sorcery crackled from the hands of Koskas that split the air about them asunder. Dirnhael spun in desperation, almost losing his balance on the rain-slick ground as his face felt the heat of the deadly blast sear the raindrops that fell upon him.

Inhaling sharply, he ignored the ringing in his ear as he righted himself, hoping that the sorcerer had no new surprises for him.

ACTION 2: Close the distance between himself and Koskas (is this a full action?).

Palandil

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: 'Run, Forest, run!'  hehe :P
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

[OOC:]  :( Sorry Shawn, but... Koskas wants to win this one and so he is going to throw in his own courage to make the hit. The question is, do you want to spend anymore courage of your own to make him have to burn more than one point? Let me know... and I am sorry you will have to edit your narrative, it is good.  :(

Edrahil casts Lightning at S5
TN 12 Willpower +3, The Art +2, Resolute+1, Strong-willed +2, Injured -3, Multiple spell casting -3 = +2
Action 1 and 2: Roll(2d6)+2: 1,4,+2 Total:7 FAILED

S4 attacks Edrahil
TN 12 AC +5, Specialty +2, Weather -7
Action 1: Roll(2d6)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:8 FAILED
Action 2: Roll(2d6)+0: 4,3,+0 Total:7 FAILED

With one of his foes blinded, Edrahil concentrates on the other. Again he summoned his arcane power, but due to injury and strain of the previous casting, he felt the spell fade before it could manifest. The Sindar held his sword in preparation for any attack that the Sagath would bring.

Fortunately luck was on his side and the dreary weather hindered the warrior's attacks.

tomcat

[OOC:] Shawn, give me an update of your post, and everyone else can elaborate with narrative here, but otherwise this round is done. See you in the next!  ;)

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 17, 2008, 07:48 PM
[OOC:]  :( Sorry Shawn, but... Koskas wants to win this one and so he is going to throw in his own courage to make the hit. The question is, do you want to spend anymore courage of your own to make him have to burn more than one point? Let me know... and I am sorry you will have to edit your narrative, it is good.  :(

OOC: Ugh. Yeah, I'll spend it because that shot's too damaging... and I don't want to have to re-write my narrative. ;)

tomcat

Apr 18, 2008, 07:24 AM #11 Last Edit: Apr 18, 2008, 10:10 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] Sorry again Shawn, but I guess I did not convey this right... Koskas has three Courage points left at +3 each, you have two left at +5 each. Right now, the dice both sit at 14:14 and in your favor as a successful Dodge. I need to know if you are going to spend anymore courage or are you going to save them for later in the combat? (see below)

Dirnhael  Koskas
Current| 14 (you win)| 14
ACourage spend:| No more for 14| 1 for 17(Koskas wins)
BCourage spend:| 1 more for 19| 2 for 20 (Koskas wins)
CCourage spend:| 2 more for 24 (You win)| 3 for 23

Basically, it comes down to how many you want to make Koskas spend for his success... of course, at the cost of your own. So tell me if it will be choice A, B or C (C making the choice to guarantee a success for Dirnhael) .

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 18, 2008, 07:24 AM
[OOC:] Sorry again Shawn, but I guess I did not convey this right... Koskas has three Courage points left at +3 each, you have two left at +5 each. Right now, the dice both sit at 14:14 and in your favor as a successful Dodge. I need to know if you are going to spend anymore courage or are you going to save them for later in the combat? (see below)

Dirnhael  Koskas
Current| 14 (you win)| 14
ACourage spend:| No more for 14| 1 for 17(Koskas wins)
BCourage spend:| 1 more for 19| 2 for 20 (Koskas wins)
CCourage spend:| 2 more for 24 (You win)| 3 for 23

Basically, it comes down to how many you want to make Koskas spend for his success... of course, at the cost of your own. So tell me if it will be choice A, B or C (C making the choice to guarantee a success for Dirnhael) .

OOC: Oh, Lord. Option C, then - I sure hate to lose all my Courage Points at once, but that's a lot better than losing three wound levels at once...

tomcat

The dark sorceror snarled savagely at the Dúnadan warrior who miraculously evaded his arcane attack.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 18, 2008, 05:03 PM
The dark sorceror snarled savagely at the Dúnadan warrior who miraculously evaded his arcane attack.

OOC: "Miraculous" is right! Whew!