• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 12:11 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Gathering

Started by tomcat, Mar 27, 2008, 04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

Apr 25, 2008, 07:30 PM #60 Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008, 07:38 PM by GandalfOfBorg
Nori growled at the flapping mouth of the halfling.  "I will accept your offer of ale, Master Gumbo, if just to shut your lips.  Speaking of the beast is taboo if you didn't know and you do now.  The locals and even all the way to the hills none speak about 'him' directly -- it is cause for ill omen or worse.  We can afford not the former and none the latter."  He gives the little one the evil eye brushing the ashes from himself, the table, and the documents.

Just as shocked as his uncle, Nori's estimation of the newcomer's proficiency in his coveted language raised, including his suspicion.  No dwarf, unless under highly unique circumstances, would ever teach an outsider one of their most prized and cherished possessions.

QuoteRecognition Tests
Caranmîr TN 15 - (5+4)+1+0=10 [FAILURE]
Vári TN 12 - (5+4)+1+2=12 [SUCCESS]
Beren TN 15 - (3+1)+1+0=5 [FAILURE]
Gumbo TN 15 - (5+2)+1+1=9 [FAILURE]
Turumarth TN 15 - (6+1)+1+0=8 [FAILURE]
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Cut

Apr 26, 2008, 02:59 AM #61 Last Edit: Apr 26, 2008, 03:11 AM by Cut
Caranmîr was surprised to hear Turumarth speak out loud the secret language of the Dwarven people. He saw for only a second the even bigger look of surprise on the Dwarven's faces. They recovered quickly. This may not have been a wise move, Turumarth, the Elf thought. Anyway, he felt the urge to learn this new language as well. The magician was full of surprises. Caranmîr hoped for a moment of privacy to catch up with Turumarth sooner than later. Caranmîr looked into the faces of this strange company and thought of Beren the young Men that had already left, probably to say his goodbyes. He didn't recognise anyone beside Turumarth. Although he strained his mind, he couldn't make a connection between the three Dwarven names and the history he had learned. I must be very anxious right now. Failing to recall knowledge was a new feeling for the young Elf. Startled by this experience, he started questioning if his equipment was up to the task at hand. The others all had weapons and armour and looked experienced in the hardships of quests. He didn't posses any armour, and as weapons he carried only his staff, an elvish blade and a short-bow. Never had he been in a situation, were his very life depended on his martial skills. He thought of his brother back in Mirkwood and all the times, he had passed an offer to practise the skills with the blade or the string. A strange new feeling befell the Elf. A feeling of looming doom. He tried his best, to push it away, but didn't quite manage to succeed.

I applied a +2 to the rolls concerning the Dwarves: +1 for Lore: Realm (Moria) and Lore: History (Dwarven Kingdoms of old), For Gumbo + 1 (Lore: Realm (The Shire) and nothing to Beren

-------------------------
Vári TN 15 - Roll(2d6)+2 = 12 (Nope)
Beren TN 15 - Roll(2d6) = 5 (Nope)
Gumbo TN 15 - Roll(2d6)+1 = 5 (Nope)
Kori TN 15 - Roll(2d6)+2 = 7 (Nope)
Nori TN 15 - Roll(2d6)+2 = 14 (close, but nope)

Still waiting for my first successful dice throw in this chronicle...

Telcontar

WITS+1

Caranmîr TN 15 - Roll(2d6)+1: 2,4, Total:7 [Nope]
Vári TN 12 - Roll(2d6)+1: 6,1,Total:8 [Nope]
Beren TN 12 - Roll(2d6)+1: 1,3, Total:5 [Nope]
Kori TN 12 - Roll(2d6)+4: 2,4, Total:10 [Nope]
Nori TN 12 - Roll(2d6)+4: 1,3, Total:8 [Nope]
Turumarth TN 15 - Roll(2d6)+1: 1,6,+1 Total:8 [Nope]
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

'Hmmm...not the start I was hoping for,' Turumarth thought to himself as he gave his courtesies and returned to the common room to inquire about a room for the night and a meal. 'Some good can still come of it. Caranmîr is a good ally and Beren is thought a stout fellow in these parts.'

{OOC}Barring any further questions or comments, Turumarth will make his way to the common room and seek out the innkeeper.

tomcat

[OOC:] Going to let you guys do anymore dialogue here that you want, but I will start the new thread tomorrow night (Sunday).
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Cut

OOC:
I will be out of touch for some 24 hours starting right about now. I have to spend a lot of time at work and at university and in between. Might be able to come online later tonight, but can't promise anything. Will be posting on any new developments on Wednesday at the latest. Read you then!