• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:05 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 4 - Convergence

Started by tomcat, Nov 09, 2007, 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Nov 09, 2007, 06:25 PM Last Edit: Nov 10, 2007, 10:59 AM by tomcat
Situation: The Romulan Constitution mock-up is currently engaging an aged and damaged D6 cruiser and the Columbia. I will be rolling initiative for each round and for each NPC ship.

D6 status: Shields at 60%; Weapons and Move maneuvers will be at a -5 penalty with a potential system breakdown on any failure (System Reliabilty test TN 8 failure; TN 12 on Complete Failure; TN 15 on Disastrous Failure)

Starting Ranges: Gr'Toth is medium range to the Romulan; Columbia is long range to the Romulan

Situational Modifiers and Conditional Rules: The CODA system makes no reference to weapon re-charge and so I am going to apply the following rules:

• Phasers may be fired each round [Ready]
  • Photon/Disruptor Torpedoes need 1 round to re-charge [Columbia ready; Gr'Toth charging]
  • Plasma Torpedoes need 2 rounds to re-charge [Charging 2]

So if you fire your photon torpedoes in round 1, you cannot fire again until round 3 - so be careful when you plan multiweapon fire maneuvers.

Carryover bonuses: Columbia has Lock On to Romulan +3

Note regarding map: I have shown a range display for the combatants; each display shows that allied ship's position relative to the Romulan attacker.

Initiative:
Romulans - Roll(2d6)+7: 5,4,+7 Total:15
Klingons - Roll(2d6)+5: 4,6,+5 Total:14
Federation - 13

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Nov 10, 2007, 10:32 AM #1 Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007, 11:40 AM by tomcat
Vrang shook his head as he saw his screens go blank. The old warship's sensor suite winked out depriving them of any means to attack or maneuver.

He slammed his fist against the arm of his chair, "GET THE SENSORS BACK ONLINE! NOW!"

Korvona's face, on the other hand, beamed with a smile. The battle thus far was not going to badly, though her ship was taking heavy fire.

Her sensor operator spoke, "The Federation vessel has once again locked us up, sir!"

To her right came another voice, "Delegate Korvona, engineering is reporting damage to our propulsion system, though they have it contained for now."

She nodded. She would soon have her main weapon charged, but for now, "Hit the Klingon and once again maneuver for minimal aspect."

[OOC:] Romulan's maneuvers:

Maneuver 1: Minimal Aspect TN 10
Sys Ops (Helm) +8, Specialty +2 = +10
Roll(2d6)+10: 5,3,+10 Total:18 SUCCESS [Columbia's lock on is lost]

Maneuver 2: Fire Phasers at Gr'Toth TN 11
Sys Ops (Tactical) +9, Specialty +2, Tac man mod +3, Range mod -1 = +13
Roll(2d6)+13: 3,5,+13 Total:21 SUPERIOR SUCCESS [The Gr'Toth is hit - shields reduced by 2 down to 40%; threshold overcome by 2 and applied to structure; critical hit to Operations (-2 to init)]

Engineering - Reinforce shields TN 15 (applying 1 block of damage to Operations)
Engineering +8, Specialty +2, Ships Reliabilty mod +3 = +13

Roll(2d6)+13: 4,6,+13 Total:23 SUPERIOR SUCCESS [restores 30% to shields]

Sensors - Romulans again attempt to put up an electronic screen to aid in thier defense (ECM)
Sys Ops (Sensors) +10, Specialty +2 = +12
Roll(2d6)+12: 5,6,+12 Total:23 [bonus to ship's protection will be determined based upon degre of success against Stonn's opposed roll]

• I need Stonn to give me a Sys Ops (Sensors) TN 23 to overcome ECM
  • I need Ramos to give me a Repair test TN 25 to restore the Gr'Toth's sensor suite. Make multiple tests until TN is achieved, to determine the number of rounds it will take until the Klingons are once more able to act. Remember that your staff (on the Klingon ship) have 1/2 of your total skill (including all mods) to add to their dice rolls.
  • Also remember that the commanders can delegate these tests to subordinates (i.e. Ramos to Telek).
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Nov 10, 2007, 10:32 AM
I need Stonn to give me a Sys Ops (Sensors) TN 23 to overcome ECM.

Sys Ops (Sensors) TN 23
Sys Ops +9, Specialty +2
Roll(2d6)+11: 5,1,+11 Total:17 - FAIL
OOC: Please add 2 Courage to bring the total to 23 - Stonn realizes that the Gr'Toth needs to survive, so this battle must be finished before the Plasma weapon can be brought to bear.

The sensor jamming was impressive. The Romulans had obviously planned this well. He struggled for a moment to adjust to it, and then, a mathematical pattern coalesced in his mind. Applying the new pattern to the sensor loops quickly, Stonn began to see the interference clear.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] The Romulans are not the only ones that can do this kind of stuff Shawn... remember that.

dtpreuss

Anderson checks his sensors, watching the movement of the Romulan ship, the Klingon ship and the Columbia. His superior grasp of 3D astrogation working through the problems inherent  in the close-in battle. He begins to work out and plot courses to keep their aspect low to the Romulans, protect the Klingon's flank, and expose as much of the Romulan vessel as possible to their weapons.

GandalfOfBorg

Nov 16, 2007, 07:53 PM #5 Last Edit: Nov 17, 2007, 07:08 AM by tomcat
Knowing his weapons are all charged and ready to go, Darkan wants to put an early nail in this coffin of a fight.  Standing with a little apprehension, he takes couple of steps and with a hand on the back of Pushkin's chair, he gives his commands.  "Let's give them a bit of a distraction while the Klingons can shore up a bit.  Just like before boys, Attack Pattern Gamma-5."

1) Close (must get complete success to attempt following maneuver)
2) Fast Attack, TN 15 Tactics - (4+3)+3+2+3 Courage = 15
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

[OOC:] Matt, Darkan only had 1 Courage leftover from the combat earlier with B'rels (and this one I awarded back to you).

Still, you make it because you are forgetting to put the Columbia's command bonus of +2 in your Command Maneuvers.

I will be giving you the response post tomorrow.

GandalfOfBorg

Quote from: tomcat on Nov 16, 2007, 10:47 PM
[OOC:] Still, you make it because you are forgetting to put the Columbia's command bonus of +2 in your Command Maneuvers.
OOC: Argh! It's always something... thanks!  I'll make sure my char sheet is up-to-date.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

seppun1

Pushkin sits on the edge of his chair as he finds his hands moving to readjust the controls, pushing the engines from having to go backwards to forwards again. "Aye, Sir." He finally answers the command, his eyes glancing to the data coming from the Navigator.   

Maneuver 1: Close TN  10
    Sys Ops +12, Specialty +2, Dazed -1 = +13
    Roll (3d6) (Evasive Maneuvers Roll 3, keep best 2):5, 1, 5 +13 Total: 23.

tomcat

Nov 18, 2007, 04:59 PM #9 Last Edit: Nov 18, 2007, 05:17 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] I am going to assume that Anderson will have no problem feeding the nav data to Pushkin, but make the roll anyway please.  ;)

Attack maneuver from Grahm:

Maneuver 2: Fast Attack TN 24
Sys Ops (Tactical) +13, Specialty +2, Tac man mod +2, Range mod +0, No Lock -3 = +14
Roll(2d6)+14: 2,5,+14 Total:21 +6 [Courage] = 27 COMPLETE SUCCESS [The Connie is hit for 1 point of Shield damage; threshold is overcome by 5 and applied to structure; critical hit to Sensor system]

The Columbia speeds up and soars towards and past the Romulan vessel, firing as she did. Phasers and photons struck in tandem and the mock-up ship shook violently, its shields unable to absorb the entire force of the impact.

With the Federation ship now behind hers, Korvona ordered her ship about, "Bring us around... we'll give them a taste of the same!"

On his bridge Vrang could do nothing but stare at the comm panel. It would be at least another two minutes before the ship's sensors could be brought online, and even then they would not be at 100%. The Gr'Toth could not help the Columbia, or itself. The ship's captain could not even get an image of what was going on outside or to know when another attack was iminent.