• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 20, 2024, 12:51 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Interrogation

Started by tomcat, Feb 21, 2005, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

OOC: If Lunduf's words don't halt Nain, Dirnhael will attempt to restrain him.
Please let me know what rolls I'd need to make.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: sdrotarOOC: If Lunduf's words don't halt Nain, Dirnhael will attempt to restrain him.
Please let me know what rolls I'd need to make.

If you wish to restrain him, I need an Unarmed Combat (Wrestle) at his Defence, which is TN 12. Once he is grappled, then it will get into opposed strength tests to determine who will pin who.

You could also attempt to cow him by Intimidation (Power) against an Opposed Willpower - although I would give Nain a +3 to his Willpower test due to being insulted by Daelhun.

You guys need to work this one out... I never wrote any of this!  :wink:
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

:arrow: Intimidation (Power) +6
Roll(2d6)+6:3,6,+6 Total:15

"Enough!", barked Dirnhael as he raised himself to his full height.

(assuming the test succeeds):

The two men were startled into stillness, as Dirnhael's voice became stern.
While he was new to this command, he had always been a leader - and he would not tolerate this petty squabbling any longer.

As he rose to his full height, he cast a wary glance at Daelhun.
"You will respect our 'guest'. Be mindful of that."
His piercing glare made it clear that there would be no further discussion.

He turned to the angered Nain and spoke.
"And, you - this man helped save your life not days ago! Have you that short a memory, or does that mean nothing to you? Ill-chosen words are no threat to us. The Enemy lies elsewhere."

Taking a step forward to stand between the men, he finished speaking.
"And 'He-Who-Will-Remain-Nameless' laughs at our foolishness."

He pauses, and there is silence as the snow falls lightly on the hard ground.
"Speak no more of this. We ride tomorrow."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:arrow: OOC:

Okay, now Daelhun... Nain did make an offensive move at you that you will need to defend against.

Both Nain and Daelhun will need to make an Opposed Willpower test if they wish to resist the command of Dirnhael - DOS (Degree of Success) will determine any penalties.

If you do not wish to resist the command that is fine, the fight will end then and there.. remember any FLAWS here you guys, this is a great opportunity to Roleplay your attributes.  :wink:
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Willpower
Roll (2d6) 5,6 +1 +3 insulted=15 Success

Not cowed by the captains threats Nain never the less halts his attack recognizing the wisdom in the words even though his anger.  

"You're words ring true, but I will not tolerate this lack of respect."

Glaring at Daelhun

"This boy needs to learn his place."

And with that Nain stomps back over to the fire, sits down and begins patching a hole in his vest that the spider had torn open.

Wiseman

OOC: WOW, talk about failure....

Willpower: Roll(2d6)+1: 1,1,+1 Total:3

Daelhun had thought nothing of the 'little' comment he had made.  Afterall the drawf was smaller than he himself was, even if he was more.....rotund.

It was obvious that Daelhun was trying to hold back his anger, his eyes had gone from complacent to that of suprise and now they were taking a turn towards anger.  

"You need a sense of humor dwarf!"  Daelhun thought about his sword...but then he would surely cause severe injury to the dwarf, if he did not stop his attacks what recourse would he have, drawing his sword would be a last resort.  "I'm already tired from being out all night, do not make me hurt you."

Parry: Roll(2d6)+2: 2,4,+2 Total:8 Failure! Seems to be a theme on this post!

Stefan

Now that Nain's anger had subsided the Man's threats just sounded like the pathetic whining of a little boy.  He saw the boy glance at his sword but fortuantely for them both he apparently thought better of it.  Nain relaxed and let the last comment go.