• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 08:28 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Lair of the Weaver

Started by Eclecticon, Jun 05, 2022, 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

"The felling of such seems like axe work. If you and Grimbeorn set upon the anchors Gwen and I will hold at bay whatever surprises we encounter while you work."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

He need not anymore encouragement to bring his ancestral blade to bear on their enemy's designs. Slinging his shield to his back and putting trust in his companions, Grimbeorn winds and releases a great blow against the mighty spider's defenses.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

The doubts clouding her were gone. The hallucinations removed and her friends with her once more. Esgalwen's will was her own again and the threat before them was real.

Hathcyn spoke, "The felling of such seems like axe work. If you and Grimbeorn set upon the anchors Gwen and I will hold at bay whatever surprises we encounter while you work."

Nimronyn slid from its scabbard and she took up her normal two-handed stance, planting her feet and readying herself for any move from the monster. She gave Hathcyn a grim nod and stood poised.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: First things first, let's have an Axe roll for Grimbeorn.  TN 18, not that I think that'll give him much trouble...

:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 5d6 : 3, 1, 5, 1, 5, total 15
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

The black silk of Tylquin parts before Bear Claw without a whisper, Elf-wrought spells and Mannish steel cleaving through spider thread as if it were air.  The entire chamber trembles with the released tension and the eyes of the Weaver snap open, aglow with a malice grown and battened over centuries.  Not straight away does she react, perhaps still groggy from her spider dreams, perhaps simply aghast that her traps and spells have been breached so completely.  But then she hisses her defiance, the sound full of hate and the promise of misery to come, seeming to be whispered into each companion's ear. 

:ooc: Everyone needs to make a Valour roll (TN 20) or be unable to spend Hope in the coming fight:

Arbogast
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 5d6 : 1, 4, 2, 6, 1, total 14

Esgalwen
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 5d6 : 6, 6, 2, 3, 1, total 18

Grimbeorn
:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 4d6 : 4, 5, 6, 4, total 19

Hathcyn
:00: 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 2, 5, total 12

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Woe unto Hathcyn, for the Longspear is bereft!*  I'll have a combat thread up as soon as I can.

* Unless he wants to spend Hope on this roll, of course.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: First of all, let's have some preparatory Battle rolls:

Arbogast
Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 5d6 : 2, 4, 1, 4, 6, total 17

Esgalwen
Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6

Grimbeorn
Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 3, 3, total 10

Hathcyn
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 3, 1, total 8

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: That's some bonus dice gained, but Hathcyn's :~~: means that the Eye awareness continues to tick upwards...

Character sheet

Telcontar

This is where my luck turns it seems. I'll spend the Hope on the valor roll. might be important.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18