• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:45 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

FELLOWSHIP PHASE - Bonds Renewed

Started by Eclecticon, Oct 27, 2021, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: I'm good with a single roll.  I can't really deal with this part until I'm home so tomorrow at earliest, likely Sunday.

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 29, 2021, 10:29 PM1. We head down to Tyrannts Hill and see if we can get those jokers to join the league of men. (Granted Arbo sticking it out on the Tarn lessens the sales pitch of moving closer)
:ooc: I can definitely see Arbogast trying to woo some of them into moving to Black Tarn Hall - he needs people and some of them might want out from under the thumb of Mogdred.

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 29, 2021, 10:29 PM2. We try to figure out what it up with the River Maidens.
:ooc: There may be something coming up shortly along these lines.

I can also work opportunities for Treasure in as appropriate, or do an entire adventure as a treasure hunt - I have at least one idea already.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn
XP: 15+8 =23->23
AP: 4+11 =15->0

Awe +1 (4->5)

:00:
Weal and Woe - 1d12 : 3, total 3
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

:ooc: Perhaps not entirely.  Matt hasn't rolled for the fortunes of the Road, so let's see how that goes.  The rating of the holding, for those playing at home, is currently 8. 

:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: So, traffic is picking up and everyone gets a bit of extra coin to splash around.  Not enough to make any mechanical difference, but perhaps enough to work into your narration. 

On that note, I'm scratching around for ideas on what kind of (positively) life-altering event can happen to Arbogast after the battle.  I'm wondering about a final reconciliation with his father and brothers, but if anyone else has any better ideas, I'm open to suggestions. 

Also, please chime up about what you'd like to do next!  All of Tom's suggestions are good, but if you'd like me to just have the next adventure happen, I can certainly do that. 

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: I will chime in with a post here shortly.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Well it wasn't that bad for Grimbeorn and he is happy for the less than eventful time.

As for what's next, I'm thinking as time wears on, he will be coming closer to his eventual retirement of the road and finally take his father's place (likely due to his passing; not unexpected yet unlooked for).
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

I was thinking about time the other day too. I was thinking this was the low point in the campaign but.... No it gets worse we are only ten years in!

I'd like to do an adventure phase with trying to get Tyrants Hill or the Vigs closer allied with the woodmen. Or even the Leofrings.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Nov 03, 2021, 04:12 PM #24 Last Edit: Nov 03, 2021, 08:31 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: I thought I'd replied to the above post, but I now suspect that I wrote it out, never hit 'post' and then closed the browser like an idiot.  My failings as a human aside, to avoid any further awkward silences I propose the following: we do a year-end Fellowship Phase here.  Everyone gets two Undertakings (huzzah!) and there's an index attached that lists all the published ones (on p 2). 

The next Adventuring Phase will kick off in September of 2958, and will feature both a treasure hunt and Duskwater, the corrupted River-maiden.  It'll also be more in the 'heroic journey' mode of story than what I've been doing since I took over.   The one after will deal with the other peoples of the Vales. 

Questions and comments will be heard and considered as appropriate. 

EDIT: Probably more like two Adventuring phases, starting in July-ish 2958.  Adjust your narration as appropriate.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Nov 02, 2021, 03:35 PMAs for what's next, I'm thinking as time wears on, he will be coming closer to his eventual retirement of the road and finally take his father's place (likely due to his passing; not unexpected yet unlooked for).
:ooc: Matt, shoot me a PM when you're ready to do this.  There's a cool scenario in TDoM that would perfectly frame a handover from Beorn to Grimbeorn.  Also, feel free to start bringing potential replacement characters on stage.  It makes it much less jarring to switch to someone we've already met. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Let's start now, this adventure for the treasure hunt and resolution of with the River-maiden seems a good point to do so.  I will begin putting together a new character, what parameters do I have in creation (extra AP and/or XP, equipment, etc.)?  Working with the Vigs would be a tall order but is in-line with encouraging peace in the Upper Vales.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Custom is you make a charscter straight out of the rule book section on character creation and hope for the best.

Or start spending those undertakings on an heir.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: I'm making full use of the Heroic Heritage rules on p 282 of the rulebook, so your next character will start off with at least 10 extra points to customise their skills, less Grimbeorn's permanent Shadow rating (which, from memory, is zero).  But - and this is a big but - don't feel the need to do anything mechanical just yet.  I meant more bringing the character on stage as a person, so we can get to know their name and personality etc.  Stats can be sorted out at the point where they matter. 

In other news, I'm hoping to have Arbogast's end of year narration up today. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

I have a post for year end. Just need to try something new and proofread it.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear