• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:51 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

FELLOWSHIP PHASE - Bonds Renewed

Started by Eclecticon, Oct 27, 2021, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

:ooc: Fellowship phase time!  This will cover the span from May 2957 to sometime in the summer of 2958, unless anyone has a burning desire to go on a player-initiated adventure in the meantime (to which, incidentally, I am always open if that's what you all want to do). 

Each PC earns 8 XP, and the number of AP equal to what is checked off on their sheet. 

Holdings roll

• Every PC with an interest in the Forest Road may count this as a Holding.  Its rating began at 9 last year and has reduced to 8 this year (word is spreading and the volume of trade is growing). 

• If the die roll result is equal to or less than the Holding's rating, you earned enough income to keep your PC's current standard of living.

• if the roll is greater than the rating, the PC gains his standard of living and treasure equal to the difference of the die roll and the rating.

• if the roll is :g:, the PC earns his standard of living and the rating of the holding is reduced by 1 due to some good fortune.

• if the roll is :~~:, the holding suffers some disaster of misfortune. If the hero does not take action the next Fellowship Phase, the holding may be destroyed, or have its rating increase

Weal and Woe roll may be made by all PCs

1-2 A Grim year [see page 135 of the Adventurer's Companion Guide for results]
3-5 The Quiet of the World/Burdens [see page 135 of the Adventurer's Companion Guide for results]
6-8 Blessings/Well Guided and Well Guarded [see page 136 of the Adventurer's Companion Guide for results] 
9-10 A Worthy year [see page 136 of the Adventurer's Companion Guide for results]
:g: or :~~: Life-changing Events [see page 136 of the Adventurer's Companion Guide for results]

I seek the opinion of the group on giving XP and an AP total based on the group average to Arbogast - this has obviously been a heavy few weeks for him, but almost all of it happened off camera so I don't want to just advance him based on pure GM fiat.  The interludes were masturbatory enough. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Lets see if I have given a large enough offering to the dice gods, they tell the story, we are but their mouth piece.

Hathcyn Holdings Rolls

Cattle:
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2

Fox Tale Inn
Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8

Weal and Woe
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Inspire +1 for 9 adv
Valour +1 to buy Fell

Character sheet updated.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Advance Arbogast as normal. If he is going to maintain a steady part of the story then he should move along with it in advancements.

Esgalwen has no stake in the Road, but she does have a position in Dale... so not sure how that works save to make a Weal and Woe roll:

Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 28, 2021, 09:59 AM #4 Last Edit: Oct 28, 2021, 10:11 AM by tomcat
Quote from: Eclecticon on Oct 27, 2021, 09:04 PM
Quote from: tomcat on Oct 27, 2021, 03:19 PM:ooc: Esgalwen will need 9 days to fully recover.
:ooc: Mechanically, sure.  Feel free to make it longer if you want to for drama purposes.  The woman's been seriously bashed about!

:ooc: Yea, I never intended to make it a simple recovery (i.e. Dungeons and Dragons) but was just stating the mechanic results.

She had 12 XP banked from our last Fellowship Phase and had 9 AP checked off for this Adventure Phase... so I will spend 10 XP to take Great Bow to 4d and bank the remaining 10. I will spend 8 AP on her favoured skill Explore to take it from 2 to 3 and bank the remaining 1 AP.

With her Grim Year result above, I need to decide what is happening to the Dunadan Ranger.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 28, 2021, 09:55 AM:ooc: Advance Arbogast as normal. If he is going to maintain a steady part of the story then he should move along with it in advancements.
:ooc: Okay, cool.  If anyone has any objections, voice 'em in the next day or two before I save over the master copy of his character sheet. 

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 28, 2021, 09:55 AMEsgalwen has no stake in the Road, but she does have a position in Dale... so not sure how that works...
We discussed giving her a grant of land, but decided against it, so she has a position at court that we could easily treat as a Holding if you want to. 

Matt, perhaps you'd like to do a Holding roll for the Road?  We probably should do a single one for the whole company. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Pending any views to the contrary, Arbogast has 8 XP and 19 AP.  He'll bank the XP. 

It seems entirely appropriate to advance Arbogast's Battle to 5, for 15 AP, and I'll spend the last 4 to give him a single dot in Search, 'cause it's a bit ridiculous to still have none there. 

Turning my mind to Undertakings, I first need to know whether you guys want to do another adventure this year - that determines whether you get one Undertaking or two this phase.  Tom, in particular, had something he wanted to pitch, but might want to let it go this year. 

Regardless, Arbogast will use one Undertaking to Tend to his Holding at Black Tarn Hall.  He meant what he said about not leaving the place, and he's going to do everything in his power to convince others to stay and rebuild, rather than leave for greener pastures.  This lets him roll the Feat die twice and take the best result.

Holding roll 1
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4

Holding roll 2
:00: 1d12 : 8, total 8

Weal and Woe roll
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Huh.  Okay.  A half-decent Holding roll and a :g: for yearly events suggests that the rebuilding is going to go pretty well!  I'm going to think about what that means for a bit - suggestions are welcome.   

Character sheet

Telcontar

Arbogast has Stockholm syndrome with the Tarn!

I dont think we do a holding roll for the "Road" holding. Because of the investment in Undertakings i think the road automatically improves by 1 each year in the rule book.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

We need to go on a treasure hunt. There is a serious lack of economic opportunity for the upward leaning Middle-earth citizen.....

Guard the old ford
"I did it for the money." Assuming we get two.
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

$OO three treasure. I'll take it because I am desperate.

Brings me to 33 with the 4 I have in the standing stone I'll dump 32 into it for 36 and raise my standing to 3.

Leaving me with 1 treasure.

Grim year indeed.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Telcontar

:ooc: Dude I almost teared up writing that. I said to myself if the eye comes up its gonna be real bad, its a low chance but I've been rolling like crap.

I think the dice demanded it, and the narrative result will be worth it.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: I won't lie, it's been a stressful week at work and I didn't need the slap across the soul that you gave me.  But the moment came alive in my mind's eye like you wouldn't believe. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Paul said he is open to player directed adventures. I have two proposals for the group.

1. We head down to Tyrannts Hill and see if we can get those jokers to join the league of men. (Granted Arbo sticking it out on the Tarn lessens the sales pitch of moving closer)

2. We try to figure out what it up with the River Maidens.

3. We see what we can do to get the Vigs back into the fold.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear