• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:45 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Wuduseld

Started by Eclecticon, Jul 19, 2021, 09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: As Hope points are very valuable to Esgalwen, I would rather beseech the players to see if my Folk-lore trait can win me the auto-success on the Persuade check. If not, then yes the point is spent.

Esgalwen gave a fair smile to the speaker, Dowel, and nods to the fact that it was indeed them that came with the helm. "Then the coin shall be yours for you and your men, and mayhaps I can gain you more, but it shall be delivered upon completion of our task."

A grumbling murmur could be heard among the group of bandits, but the face of their chosen speaker did not change. "And what assurance do I have that said pouch will be ours, should  we not see you again, even after my men pay in blood?"

"Fair question, Dowel," answered the Ranger. "I would not be so bold to ask you and your men to take this charge upon faith when what you offer is of such value and so I shall share of this purse to secure our pact. Know this, though... within the Tarn are folk most dear to my heart and it will take death to keep me from saving them. Your word and the word of your folk is all I need to place my trust in you, bought at the cost of a few coins and a promise. But know that should any betray us, they will be marked from which there will only be one absolution."

The tension in the grove grew once more and only the clicks and rustle of the forest was heard, but then Dowel's face cracked into an unpleasant smile and he nodded. These men lived by the simple law of life and death within an uncaring forest - one's word at times was all one had to sell.

"Gentlemen - this is the kind of woman to be sought for marriage! Strength of will and fair of face!" Dowel cried out to his henchmen, but then said softly to Esgalwen as he moved close to her, "A man would be so lucky."

She felt his hand strongly grip her own even as he slid the offered coin to his pocket, smelling the raw, pungent odor of his breath. Esgalwen did not take her eyes from Dowel, but she stepped back with the payment made.

To the group, "We go now, south to Woodmen Town and then on to Rhosgobel to continue the muster. We will look for you and your report when we arrive at the Tarn in the days following."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: are they coming with us or scouting things?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: My understanding is that these men were to be forward scouts while we gathered more warriors.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Jul 28, 2021, 05:58 PM #48 Last Edit: Jul 28, 2021, 09:10 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: Doug, I'm happy to give it to you with Folk-Lore... and Fair.  It's a well-established fact that men will do dangerous things to impress a pretty woman. 

EDIT: :csu:
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet