• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:18 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Shadow of Esgaroth

Started by Telcontar, Feb 12, 2021, 06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Paul - can I get a little player insight on this wizard? We see that he is a southron, but does that mean he is Dunlending or is he a Haradrim/Umbaran?

I just want to know so I can gauge Esgalwen's reaction to all of this - Gondor has never had good relations with the latter above, and trust would be short in its coming.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: I had a Dunlendingin mind when I started the scene, but I now think it works better if Tafan is from Umbar.  So let's go with that.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn likes this man even less as the conversation goes on but it was not even a hard decision to take on the charge given.  "Yes, I will take them in my care.  We have no need for further incident or desecration of others traditions.  Make the announcement first thing today, we cannot let this go on any further."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Hathcyn was pondering a plan already on how this should be achieved.

"Tafan, as my Lord commands we shall do. My I ask a boon of you as we take on this task? I understand you and your Lords desire to take all due credit and praise for this deed, and to the surprise of this gift. However, may we take at least one dwarf into our confidence? I ask only that if we be required to move or disturb the remains that it be one of Durin's Folk to do so or to supervise it being done. So no slight or insult be inadvertently brought upon us in the care and protection of this charge." 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

"Indeed?" Tafan casts a sidelong look at the Gondorian casket and strokes his short beard.  "If such is your advice, then I, who am a stranger in these lands, would be foolish not to take it.  Might I suggest the Dwarf Balin?  I have heard that he enjoys the confidence of the King Under the Mountain, and that he travels widely across the North.  Perhaps he will be more inclined to view this mean gift with understanding, and not offence?" 

Character sheet

Telcontar

"This is a dwarf indeed! He is far above my station, Grimbeorn will have to speak to him. I do not doubt that the dwarves of Erebor will look kindly on this gift, I mean more so that one among them knows we took all care and reverence in the prote4ction of them. When are they to be presented?"

:ooc: So guys my thought here is that a dwarf in on the gift will be helpful if we have to move the body. my thought here was that we actually send to parties out to the hall. one with the relic and another as a decoy to try and confuse our foes as to which one is the real body. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

:ooc: I'll hang on until tomorrow morning my time - if nobody has any objections to Tom's plan by then, I'll assume it's what you want to do. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: Okay - new thread to follow. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Through the discourse, Esgalwen stood silent - only nodding her head in approval of either Grimbeorn's or Hathcyn's decisions. It was not her intent to be rude to the man, but Gondor's history with the Corsairs of Umbar was not a good one, and trust was in short supply.

Still, she knew somewhat the reputation of the wizard of Isengard and that bridled her concerns, if only for now. The Ranger would follow the words of Gandalf and keep her steadfast watch. Esgalwen also decided to voice her concerns to her companions, but on this she would wait.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Agreed.  Grimbeorn will stay with the real casket though.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16